Megalodon Types

• Does anyone know where to find the different Meg types or have pictures of them?

So far I've done The Hungering One and the Shadowmaw but can't find the others!

Views
  • Yes, it would be good to have a visual guide showing what each Meg looks like. I've seen at least 3 different types, but couldn't tell you their names. One had a red edge, one all blue, one white edge... I have no idea. I just try to avoid them.

• @peteloaf777 i don't think that gathering some screenshots with all different megs will help in any way, i mean its not like you can see him roaming on the map from a distance and if its yellow for example you go hunt him. They only spawned near you and if its yellow and you didnt killed him, go ahead, if you did then mind your own. The only way to get them spawning is to just sail the seas, hunt shipwrecks and such or do skelly ships and they will appear eventually.

• @biostructr it would definitely help. sometimes its hard to tell what color it even is and idk which ones ive done not done haha. so i need to know what to look for so i know if i just keep going or kill it. but since they drop treasure anyway i guess ill just kill em all haha.

• On reddit is a Post with Screenshots of every meg execpt for the Shrouded one
    Acient comes in the Acient Isle region more often then the others for what most people had encounterd him around there.
    The Purple Meg was most encounterd during Athenas, since all those Legends out there only doing Athenas now for the new Commendations its not that Rare.

Its totally Random and the two things above are just rumors, Also there is a rumor going around that the White one the Shrouded Ghost only appears in the Fog, but the others cann appear in there too
    And since really NOBODY has fought him and could confirm it trough Screen, Clip or other things its just Rumors

• @revanjstone Well you can check in the bilge rats commendations which one you killed or not.

• @biostructr yah but like it says i killed the crested queen... which one is that lol. idk.

• @revanjstone Look at the color of the Picture in the Commandation, i mean its pretty obvious.

Color of the Pic + Name = The right Meg

• @revanjstone crested queen has purple fin, ancient terror has yellow, shadowmaw has red and shrouded ghost has white. And the regular, which you already know, simply grey that is passive most of the time and light blue fin that is agressive all the time.

• We just killed a red/black one near Plunder Outpost, and a regular blue one near the same outpost yesterday. @golgari-hexmage are they different in difficulty or just in colour?

• @princes-lettuce

In my experience, just in colour.

• @biostructr this is super helpful thank you!

• @noisa1992 in the commend menu? ill have to check that thanks

• The kraken does in fact target sloops also.. As I was playing a 2 man party to not encounter the beast once but twice in the same night. As for the meg I think the spawns are random but based on rarity, we encounter shadowmaw and the ancient terror within the wilds, as for a standard meg just a little further out, haven't encountered the shrouded ghost that could well be true about spawning only in dense fog, who knows

• @ii-ps-y-cho-vx

Spent hours in the fog trolling around listening to the spooky howl.... nothing. There are 3 youtube videos that I know of... 2 in the Roar East of Ancient Spire I believe. The other to the East of Golden Sands. It's appears to be painfully rare and random :(

• @peteloaf777

There's this on imgur which might be useful -

Views
14 out of 18