Kraken bug.

• It seems that the krakens tentacles can block the way into the cargohold of brigantine. You will not be able to fix your ships or bail water while the tentacle is on top.

Views
  • @tuukkatl Yep, and even a full crew attacking the tentacle for the entire time it was wrapping our perfect condition ship to sinking it was not enough to remove it so we could get below and repair :/

• @txcrnr Exactly what happened to us ;/

• Kraken has done this pre-Shrouded Sails. Not a bug, this is as intended. Might be time to adjust your strategies. Have someone run double gun while on the stairwell, they can fight tentacles and be ready to patch future holes. If the stairway gets covered, someone is in place to fix holes.

• Had the same issue on a galleon, a tentacle wrapped around the cargohold entrance and the 4 of us started slashing it to pieces, but even after a few minutes it didn't let go and we sank..

• People have complained since the kraken was introduced that it was not a challenge. Rare made it a little harder by giving it new behaviors. But blocking the stairs is not new. Maybe they made it more frequent, but this is not a new thing. When the kraken appears, one person should remain below deck to handle repairs while everyone else deals with the beast. If you can't do that, swords are not going to quickly do the trick. Everyone needs to stop and shoot the tentacle or grab a barrel to blow it up (you are already taking damage that you cannot reach).

• @ghostpaw said in Kraken bug.:

People have complained since the kraken was introduced that it was not a challenge. Rare made it a little harder by giving it new behaviors. But blocking the stairs is not new. Maybe they made it more frequent, but this is not a new thing. When the kraken appears, one person should remain below deck to handle repairs while everyone else deals with the beast. If you can't do that, swords are not going to quickly do the trick. Everyone needs to stop and shoot the tentacle or grab a barrel to blow it up (you are already taking damage that you cannot reach).

You do realise that you also can't bail while the tentacle is on top. If three people are not enough to take the tentacle off the ship, two won't be any better, and you will take water no matter how fast you fix.

How do you get more ammo if you get blocked out ? Or do you have 2 guys stay down. How about when you get thrown out of the boat and can't climb back because the tentacle blocks the ladder.

• This happened to our crew a while ago - the Kraken came up, wrapped a tentacle across the cargo hold door, and we just couldn't get it to let go. We couldn't get below to repair the ship or bail, and we sank. There were three of us on that brigantine, hitting the tentacle with swords, eye of reach and blunder - it roared and inked us, but would not let go.

We have agreed that if the Kraken appears again, we send someone down below automatically. It hasn't attacked us in all that time since, but I'm concerned what happens if it still won't let go and the guy below can't get up to bail the water flooding in, even if he's repairing?

When that tentacle wraps around our ship, three to four players all slashing and blasting it should make it release, shouldn't it? I chalked it up to something we didn't do at the time, but after reading this thread I realise that many people have this experience.

• I think the Kraken fight on a Brigantine is essentially hard-mode now.

Since the update dropped, I’ve seen more Galleons and Sloops - people know what’s up.

The Kraken encounter on a Brigantine is rough - we were sunk twice.

1st time: All above deck, blocked from going below deck to bail and repair.

2nd time: Two above deck, me below deck. I couldn’t repair fast enough. My other 2 crewmates weren’t able to get her to detatch in time.

• @tuukkatl said in Kraken bug.:

@ghostpaw said in Kraken bug.:

People have complained since the kraken was introduced that it was not a challenge. Rare made it a little harder by giving it new behaviors. But blocking the stairs is not new. Maybe they made it more frequent, but this is not a new thing. When the kraken appears, one person should remain below deck to handle repairs while everyone else deals with the beast. If you can't do that, swords are not going to quickly do the trick. Everyone needs to stop and shoot the tentacle or grab a barrel to blow it up (you are already taking damage that you cannot reach).

You do realise that you also can't bail while the tentacle is on top. If three people are not enough to take the tentacle off the ship, two won't be any better, and you will take water no matter how fast you fix.

How do you get more ammo if you get blocked out ? Or do you have 2 guys stay down. How about when you get thrown out of the boat and can't climb back because the tentacle blocks the ladder.

You do realize as you repair holes, you stop taking on water, regardless of the tentacle. One person devoted to repairs can do so pretty quickly if they are somewhat competent. That should give you a lot more time to deal with the tentacle. If it "doesn't work", then it "doesn't work" pretty well for us. I can't remember the last time we were sunk by the kraken.

You are right. You don't get more ammo. Everyone emptying their guns into the thing, then following up with a sword will probably do the trick. If you want faster results, hit it with a barrel, but warn the player downstairs first. If you get knocked off by the beast, thank your stars someone stayed below deck to handle repairs until the kraken lets loose.

What's your solution?

• Yea as already mentioned, send someone down as soon as you see the murky water. Personally I always raise sails and do a 180 degree turn for the quickest escape if in a brig and carrying loot.

• @ghostpaw said in Kraken bug.:

@tuukkatl said in Kraken bug.:

@ghostpaw said in Kraken bug.:

You do realize as you repair holes, you stop taking on water, regardless of the tentacle. One person devoted to repairs can do so pretty quickly if they are somewhat competent. That should give you a lot more time to deal with the tentacle. If it doesn't work, is doesn't work pretty well for us. I can't remember the last time we were sunk by the kraken.

You are right. You don't get more ammo. Everyone emptying their swords into the thing, then following up with a sword will probably do the trick. If you want faster results, hit it with a barrel, but warn the player downstairs first. If you get knocked off by the beast, thank your stars someone stayed below deck to handle repairs until the kraken lets loose.

What's your solution?

Well, for us it didn't let go at all. It held on until we sank straight from the start. All three of us hitting it with swords. And yeah you can fix and stop taking water, but you always take some water regardless of how fast you fix it.

@thetwistedtaste said in Kraken bug.:

I think the Kraken fight on a Brigantine is essentially hard-mode now.

Since the update dropped, I’ve seen more Galleons and Sloops - people know what’s up.

The Kraken encounter on a Brigantine is rough - we were sunk twice.

1st time: All above deck, blocked from going below deck to bail and repair.

2nd time: Two above deck, me below deck. I couldn’t repair fast enough. My other 2 crewmates weren’t able to get her to detatch in time.

This was what happened to us too the second time. It probably is hard-mode, but feels silly when you do everything you can and you still sink.

• Does this also happen on sloops? I rarely sail sloops, even though I usually play solo, but the kraken would be a reason to choose the sloop more often if that were the case.

• @OttersTeeth

I can confirm that this also happens on the Sloop. Even when soloing. It blocks the ladders to the ship and the stairs leading below deck - effectively blocking off ammo and repairs.

When i encountered the Kraken solo on my Sloop and this specific scenario happened, my solution was to shoot five shots into the tentacle point-blank with the blunderbuss and slash it a few times to get the tentacle to release. It worked.

I still had 4 holes in the hull without any planks left when i defeated her, and had to bail water while headed for an island with planks, but i made it. Which is why i always sail fully stocked now, even when soloing.

• @emanuel-wynnn I feel like the brigatine needs to be fixed in some way bc when me and my friend are being attacked on a sloop I just stay downstairs and when the kraken blocks it off I can still throw the water out THE WINDOW! ive never experienced the kraken do this to a galleon and I use all 3 ships constantly bc of me and my friends schedules.

• I've had the Kraken do this to me too.

Just "Nope, you die today, puny pirate"

I've also had a Kraken push us into the kill zone of a volcano and then wrap around us.

There was no chance to save the ship on either occasion.

I kinda like it. On both occasions we totally deserved what we got. We'd been on a bit of a crime spree. It was like the Kraken came to deliver justice on behalf of the rest of the players on the server.

Had a sort of Hollywood ending vibe to it. Like a shakespearian tragedy about 3 plucky sailors who went so bad that they offended the seas itself, or maybe something about a bunch of dudes playing video games, I dunno, whichever sells more tickets.

• @xpoorpuppyx agree. 3 times happened and 3 times we sank. all the crew shooting and strike with the blades. nothing... need a fix

• There are threads about how to defeat the Kraken. When it wraps you, everyone attacking the wrapped tentacle will not make it release. You need to shoot the tentacle that pops up close to the ship. Once you kill it once, it will move to the other side of the ship. Do that 3-4 times and then it will release your ship. I know the thread is about it wrapping over the stairs to the bottom deck. I am just trying to help with how to get it to release the wrap so you can get back down to patch quicker.

• First thing I do, when the kraken appears is, changing the weapons to EoR AND Blunderbuss...sword is useless against it...just hit the wrapped tentacle with a few shots from these weapons and it leaves...

Views
1 out of 21