The pink and yellow meg

• First off, I am not complaining, just asking a question. I want this to make more sense in my head.

Why is there a yellow and a pink meg now? Do they really fit?

Views
  • Yeah they’re beautiful:) I’m only missing the Redmaw maybe he’s coming in an Future Update!

• @andreas5524 Why should they not fit? I've seen yellow fish and pink dolphins in real life.

• Well the sea is big enough so yeah even a huge shark like the Pink meg fits in it.
    Why would it not fit? Lots of creatures have fantastical colourations, not just for survival purposes but more to impress or because of their diet. Maybe the Pink Meg eats a lot of Crayfish when it's younger because it swims in rivers and gets it's pink hue that way?

• Sadly, Alas! I am yet to meet any new megs... the one who took our Brigantine out the other night was a normal "hungering one" and then we have simply had two Kraken.

Speaking of which, boy does she look beeeeeeeutiful now with those shiny tentacles... still no body though which is a shame.

• I took on and defeated the Crested Queen in my sloop yesterday. I almost didn't want to fight her, she was so pretty.

My only regret is that I can't have them all swimming alongside me like a giant, fishy, death-rainbow.

• Does a pink and yellow megaladon fit? Good question. When you saw a real life megaladon, what color was it?

• How many can fit in one ship's bathroom?

Okay, sorry...
    Yeah, I think they look great! The Crested Queen is indeed amazing looking. And the Ancient... forgot the name...
    I'm really happy with this. I had been saying that there should be a variety of different looking megs, even if they were just different colours. I think it fits great.

• @andreas5524 Is there a difference in behavior/attacks? or is the "cosmetic only" nonsense applied to them as well lol. I think they do look out of place, but this is Rare and they think using a color slider=making new content lol

• @ghostpaw You do know that the Megalodon was a real living fish(a shark to be specific) and we have a good idea what it looked like... It's just a big shark... and sharks aren't colorful(maybe there's one, but I really don't think so). Pulling a picture of a fish from an entirely different class to make your point does nothing but show your ignorance on the matter.
    https://img.purch.com/w/660/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzA5My80MDIvb3JpZ2luYWwvbWVnYWxvZG9uLXNoYXJrcy5qcGc=

• Megalodons didn't have four eyes! Oh noes!
    And double jaws!!! Ohhh Noooooes!!

(P.S. I don't mean that to be antagonistic. Just silly!)

• @betsill said in The pink and yellow meg:

@ghostpaw You do know that the Megalodon was a real living fish(a shark to be specific) and we have a good idea what it looked like... It's just a big shark... and sharks aren't colorful(maybe there's one, but I really don't think so). Pulling a picture of a fish from an entirely different class to make your point does nothing but show your ignorance on the matter.
    https://img.purch.com/w/660/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzA5My80MDIvb3JpZ2luYWwvbWVnYWxvZG9uLXNoYXJrcy5qcGc=

LOL! You mean within this fantasy world with walking skeletons, cursed cannonballs, krakens, floating skull clouds, and so on, there is actually a large fish in the game that does not match reality? That's a step too far for you? We can make inferences about what something MILLIONS OF YEARS ago looked like, but it is an educated guess. There is debate over the pigmentation of animals from that era. Science is full of surprises. With that said, in this FANTASY world of SoT, it is okay for Rare's artists to use their imagination and creativity to fill it with whatever they dream up.

The point of the fish pic was to show that even nature does not have a significant problem with the existence of pink and yellow sea creatures. Let alone what occurs in a fantasy. Here's a pic of a pink shark.

Here's a pic of a left shark.

And I am not sure what this is. My guess is the Merica shark:

• Never considered it a megalodon, more along the lines of a sea monster like the kraken. So why not different colors. I think she was referred to as the hungering one before everyone keep calling her the meg.

• Yeah, my only complaint about the megalodon has been that it is referred to as a megalodon, hehe. :D
    And, yes, I think Rare avoided using that term when it launched, but the community consistently used (uses) it.
    I can't recall if it is used, officially, now (in-game).
    It doesn't really matter to me, but I recall being slightly against using that term for the Hungering One and her kin.

• @ghostpaw You used a real world example of a bright clolored fish to make your point, but when I use an actually valid real world example you say "SoT is fantasy"... ok... Also, we are pretty much certain that the magalodon looks like it does in that picture, because of it's genetics.
    ALSO, if you didn't look ignorant enough, that "pink shark" is just bad camera saturation.... that's a black tip reef shark.... here's a better picture.
    https://53744bf91d44b81762e0-fbbc959d4e21c00b07dbe9c75f9c0b63.ssl.cf3.rackcdn.com/media/74/7424B81D-BFA1-4E3D-8A73-3CF31FE3EE3B/Presentation.Large/Male-blacktip-reef-shark.jpg

• @betsill said in The pink and yellow meg:

@ghostpaw Also, we are pretty much certain that the magalodon looks like it does in that picture, because of it's genetics.

???? I didn't know we had found megalodon DNA to study.

@betsill said in The pink and yellow meg:

ALSO, if you didn't look ignorant enough, that "pink shark" is just bad camera saturation.... that's a black tip reef shark.... here's a better picture.

LOL! You’ve got to be joking here. Thanks for the clarification. SMH

EDIT: Not sure if they are just trolling me with these replies.

• @ghostpaw
    I snoped it and the Left Shark is also not actually a shark. :/

• @sshteeve said in The pink and yellow meg:

Sadly, Alas! I am yet to meet any new megs... the one who took our Brigantine out the other night was a normal "hungering one" and then we have simply had two Kraken.

Oh, I got a nice close look at the Orange Megalodon...
    I was on a Cannon shooting at a Skeleton Ship and-

Boom!

It pops up right in front of me!
    Scared the Grog outta me!

Views
8 out of 18