Session Log Of Items Sold

• Sometimes, in a long play session, it's easy to forget what was handed in, and it would be nice, before we log off, to be able to check the log and see what we accomplished. A list of everything we handed in and the values we got for them. Sometimes I log on, and I forget to take note of how much gold I have, and then eventually I hand something in, and if I don't keep my eyes glued to the top right hand corner of the screen, then I'll have no idea of how much I just made, which is unsatisfying.

I agree completely with this idea that this reddit user shared and wanted to also share in the Official Forums this idea they shared.

Personal idea: A journal in the merchant area that one can look at and see all they have turned in at each one of the merchants.

Paraphrased from post on Reddit user TheDrkstknight
    Source:(https://www.reddit.com/r/Seaofthieves/comments/a04trg/session_log_of_items_sold/)

Views
  • @stormyseadog said in Session Log Of Items Sold:

Sometimes, in a long play session, it's easy to forget what was handed in, and it would be nice, before we log off, to be able to check the log and see what we accomplished. A list of everything we handed in and the values we got for them. Sometimes I log on, and I forget to take note of how much gold I have, and then eventually I hand something in, and if I don't keep my eyes glued to the top right hand corner of the screen, then I'll have no idea of how much I just made, which is unsatisfying.

I agree completely with this idea that this reddit user shared and wanted to also share in the Official Forums this idea they shared.

Source:(https://www.reddit.com/r/Seaofthieves/comments/a04trg/session_log_of_items_sold/)

This is quite a new idea. Haven't seen this discussed on the forum before. Sounds like a useful thing to have.

• @enf0rcer said in Session Log Of Items Sold:

@stormyseadog said in Session Log Of Items Sold:

Sometimes, in a long play session, it's easy to forget what was handed in, and it would be nice, before we log off, to be able to check the log and see what we accomplished. A list of everything we handed in and the values we got for them. Sometimes I log on, and I forget to take note of how much gold I have, and then eventually I hand something in, and if I don't keep my eyes glued to the top right hand corner of the screen, then I'll have no idea of how much I just made, which is unsatisfying.

This is quite a new idea. Haven't seen this discussed on the forum before. Sounds like a useful thing to have.

I think it is something great for us to have.

• I posted a similar idea a few months ago, I would love them to have a captains log which records stats like that.

Things like:

• Ships sunk
    • total distance sailed
    • overall gold earned
    • doubloons earner
    • how many of each chest sold
      Ect...

I’m a sucker for stats! Aha

• @knifelife said in Session Log Of Items Sold:

I posted a similar idea a few months ago, I would love them to have a captains log which records stats like that.

Things like:

• Ships sunk
    • total distance sailed
    • overall gold earned
    • doubloons earner
    • how many of each chest sold
      Ect...

I’m a sucker for stats! Aha

I am exactly the same. I know they are working on stats for the Xbox app but we are talking about in GAME though. Not sure if you are referring to the same place.

• A ship’s log would be very nice. It could be an old book on the table we drop down the voyages on. A nice, weathered leather cover with crisp parchment pages. Would keep track of all these kind of stats.

As time passes I would like to know how much, how many times, how far, etc. I did something. A recap of a session when we log out could show up like a single page. The book though keeps track of it all with a running total. We would interact with the book to read about our accomplishments.

A nice extra would be to make notes in the book. Have a quill that adds short notes.

• @stormyseadog Yeah I would like it in game. It would be nice if you had a book/diary/journal in the captains cabin which you could interact with to have a look through at your stats :)

• Love your idea. We need it. Now!

• Yes I didn't realize this was already suggested. If it had multiple pages like an ingame menu but in ledger form you could also use it as an in game way to see recent players to add them to XBLive.

• @stormyseadog

Definitely an idea which has been mentioned frequently during the last couple of years and I'd very much love to see this happen, a quick search for 'Journal' brings up a few ideas for in game versions - I really do like the idea of a sort of 'accounts' page where you can see how much you've plundered!

• Would be a nice thing to have, but if not i don't really care

• If this is so important to you, look at the numbers. No need to waste developer time to implement something like that.
    I made around 35k gold last night,
    i dont care if it was 34773 or 35884

Edit: i would like they devs spent all time on gamefearures and sandbox mechanics rather than some new achievements or stats window.

• @stormyseadog A lot of people have also independently suggested this (myself included) and I still think it's one of the most brilliant QoL suggestions that I've seen for the game so far

Views
1 out of 13