This post needs moderating!

• I need some moderation here... please can someone from the @Quartermasters moderate this post please? Preferably @Musicmee as he doesn't want to do any work! :P

Well done folks, well deserved and good to see Khaleesi will not be going anywhere anytime soon from our beloved forum!

NOW GET TO WORK! [MOD EDITED]

Views
  • @sshteeve @Musicmee come on time to tidy up that forum deck sir!

• @sshteeve @Musicmee wouldn't have the nerve to moderate the likes of us!

• @sshteeve

Yeah... it's all good news.
    However... at a glance earlier I've to admit I read it as @Quarterpounder
    I was hungry at the time :)

Just wondering if there is a new greeting in the works
    "AQHOY!" ???? @Musicmee

• @piratecraggy said in This post needs moderating!:

@sshteeve

"AQHOY!" ???? @Musicmee

Ooooh he's good @Boatswain ! One to add to the collection!

• @sshteeve said in This post needs moderating!:

@piratecraggy said in This post needs moderating!:

@sshteeve

"AQHOY!" ???? @Musicmee

Ooooh he's good @Boatswain ! One to add to the collection!

If he brings the aforementioned quarterpounder, then heck yes.

• i saw the announcement yesterday, at least the explenation between Moderators and Global Moderators but the topic was immediatly locked so i couldn't say nor do anything...So i closed the Forum and went away...i didn't knew that they were renamed or given the new name of Quartermaster...

Now , i believe there are two Forum Quartermasters from the Boatswain division...Mr Triheadedmonkey , congratulations. We have met briefly in one of those server preparations for Mr Sirio's Event Games , Skullball and the new game of wich the name escapes me ( * Mooooroooooon!). There are so many people talking on the same time that i really can't say that i know wich voice belongs to Mr Triheadedmonkey...This may sound disrespectful ,but seriously , i don't mean it that way...Unfortunately , i can only follow a conversation with six people and then too much comes to me and i start only to understand shredds of the full conversation...

What i do know is that you are always humble and straight to the point in yer previous answers and rmarks to each and every one , without humiliating or rolling of yer Boatswain musscles towards any other Pirate...Once again ,congratulations Mr TriheadedMonkey...Once again sorry that i can't place the right voice to the right person...Too many new people make me confuse about who is talking to who...

But then there is Mr Musicmee ( * Attention, Moron...From now on ,will you call yer Great Friend Master Musicmee or i thrust my trident through yer skull in one of my renown stabfrenzies ...You are being warned ,numbskull)...Oops, Master Musicmee...This Young man, came to this Forum ,months after i arrived . He immediatly catched my eye ( * No coincidence...dumbo, you have only one...) because he was very Friendly...But what really took my suprize that since the day he came here ,he simply was everpresent. This Forum , Reddit , Twitter , Twitch , Itch, Mixer not the one from the kitchen but computer Mixer , he was simply everywhere..i think he has a wall filled with monitors because he can even reply Topics while he was sailing with us!!

Yep , sailing with us ...AAAH , Master Musicmee has been along with us in many, many adventures , always Friendly towards new crews and always a real Pirate if his voice couldn't install the peace...And since i'm a numbskull with computers , he has helped me many times with all kind of problems , wich were just a piece of cake for him ; and he solved them all with a Friendly smile too...

Years went by and Master Musicmee had reached the second place on the Reputation Board of the Forum...But Master Musicmee never became Deckhand...At first , it felt...strange ...But the longer it took, while other Deckhands stepped down because real life things took them away from the Forums and their numbers dwindled , the more it seemed and felt to me that Master Musicmee was ...hindered . i respect people that do so much good work , but it angers me if they don't get the reward while others did...When he became a Boatswain , it felt ...too little in my opinion and behind the scenes i was angry ...Angry , because if one man deserved to ever become a Deckhand , well Master Musicmee was my first choice without a doubt...Not much later i erased my whole shabang...Many things had angered me , including this , and i better walk away when angry before i write things down wich i will regret hugely a week later...

i came back after two weeks and saw that Master Musicmee's will to help and be everywhere was untouched ...Somewhere he reminds me of Rocky Balboa ..." It doesn' t matter how hard Life will hit you...It about how you take it, get up and move forward" ...And that's what he did, he moved forward , happy that he was a Boatswain and staying the same guy with the same mentality as day One....

Because of that he gained even more respect from me, i really look up to someone who is much younger than me ,but oh so tranquil in sticky situations...i would walk through Fire for this man...

And finally....Finally , after so much time , maybe after testing and watching him for soooo long ,they have finally gave Master Musicmee the Title and the Commission he ,sooo long, deserves .And you know what, with him ,you can be sure that it won't rise above his head , he never thought that the Equator runs through his behind and that's why i love the guy even more...

Master Musicmee , i know you will judge me as equal as a new Pirate ( * Hey , hold on...Master Musicmee , don't forbid me to call george moron, numbskull, dumbo, loser , freak ( Quartermaster Moderated ).............and punk, please because ...he is ....You always fought for the truth and this is the truth...) but i also secretly hope that we can still sail like we did before...

The only thing i need to say...I bow down before the Master...And i pray for the defeat of Negativism that once forced me to my knees...Today is a day that the sun smiles at me because this Title will certainly brings whole Rivers of Heartwarming adrenaline through your veins...To all Pirates , you have seen nothing yet , from this man...Master Musicmee, Sail out and Rule the Waves of this Forum...

An Old Man stands at the shore , he looks towards a Mighty New Galleon , specially build for his Young crewmate, that sails away in the distance...A tear hangs from his eye while he mumbles words with a voice riddled with a heavy accent: " May the Winds be in yer Favour , and may you forge many Alliances to get rid ,once and for all , of that sickening negativism that lurks underneath those Beautiful waves...One blow on yer horn, Dear Sir and Old George will stand next to you ,to fight them with his last zip of spit...Goodbye for now Master Musicmee, may your musical voice bring Joy in many Hearts"...The Old Man turns around and walks to a Tavern somewhere on an Island ...A Pirate looks to him in amazement " George are you crying?"...George snaps at him " Are ye out of yer Freakin mind, lad , Pirates never cry.....Get back to your work...NOW"...His toughts dwindle through his head " A Pirate never cries...Unless he is forced to give his Brother away"...The Old man walks the staircase leaving a trail of tears behind...Tears of Proudness, not of sadness ...Take care , Master Musicmee...

• Congratulations @Musicmee on the new title, it suits you well ; )

• @personalc0ffee You're confused? Damn I thought this was a @Boatswain thing. Now I'm super confused :-(

• @hynieth WHO GOES THERE?!?! Oh... I thought someone needed me :(

Congrats @triheadedmonkey and @Musicmee!!

• @personalc0ffee Aye, that be right, and then Bootswines Boatswains are helpful community members with more knowledge than power.

• @personalc0ffee quarter pounders are also discord moderators... well, they're either forum, or discord. Not both at once.

• @sir-lotus said in This post needs moderating!:

@personalc0ffee quarter pounders are also discord moderators... well, they're either forum, or discord. Not both at once.

now for some reason, all i can smell is burgers...

• @personalc0ffee yeah, badger's on discord only. But he is mentioned in Kbot's post about it.

• @personalc0ffee Poor badger!!!

@khaleesibot said in Forum Moderators:

Aerotsune - Discord Moderator

Hello! By now many of you have likely seen me about the Discord server. And if you haven't? Well. It's likely that you just don't use it to begin with! (And of course there is nothing wrong with that.) Anyway, I was asked to do a 'Meet the Moderators' blurb, so here goes...

• @personalc0ffee hehe im sure badger will forgive you for this action!

Best group in here is the insider group anyway, open to all! My insider wristband is awesome :)

• @personalc0ffee

Congratulations to the new community moderators @Musicmee. @triheadedmonkey and @Aerotsune!

@PersonalC0ffee

There's been a wee bit of rejigging of roles and Khaleesibot made a couple of posts just before she left to explain this, Deckhands are moving back towards a more feedback role which we used to be before we took on moderating responsibilities, as Community Ambassadors and the new Moderators are here to give an expert helping hand as Community members alongside the Global Moderators -

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/75838/forum-moderators

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/25110/community-ambassadors-the-deckhands

• @personalc0ffee

Emma made a post in reply to @Clumsy-George -

@muse986 said in Who is leading the Forum today and in the Future?:

Hi everyone! Emma here, head of the Rare Community Team. Don't worry, @khaleesibot heading off to another adventure doesn't mean the Forums aren't important or that they'll fall into chaos :)
    Hiring someone great takes a little time and that process is underway. In the meantime we have our amazing Deckhands and Moderators alongside a team of Community Managers who will be keeping things ship shape. You can get to know them a little here: https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/75838/forum-moderators
    Very thankful for having @khaleesibot on my team for the last year and a bit (HI DEE!) and we'll - of course - make sure to introduce you all to new members of the team.
    (Nice to see you here @Clumsy-George!)

• @katttruewalker

Deckhands are moving back towards a more feedback role which we used to be before we took on moderating responsibilities

Does that mean it's only you, Deckhands, who are collating the feedbacks on the forum?

I always wondered how this process worked because there are so many suggestions, ideas and stories every week.

• @skulliah

No, no, it's all a team effort, but because we are able to spend a lot of time reading we can also pick up on trends and concerns and pass those on to Rare.

• @katttruewalker Ah thanks for the heads up!

• @katttruewalker So what you are saying is it would be wise to be friendly to the Deckhands if we want to get our feedback heard? LOL

• So ive just skim read this and not sure ive got it... something about if i move back in a deck chair an ambassador will hand me a quarter pounder???? ... is that right???

• @nikjw now all I can think of is Ronald McDonald in a Ferrero Rocher advert set on the beach....

• @triheadedmonkey monsieur, with zis big mac the ambassador is really spoiling us, no?

• @nikjw XD

• @KattTruewalker why didn't you lock this thread?! It's descending into chaos!
    Glad to see things are being kept on the straight and narrow by Emma and the team in the meantime

• @sshteeve I was leaving that for our new moderators! XD

• @sshteeve

Yup... when a Raccoon appears on screen... we have descended.
    If not.... we are very close! :)

alt text

• The new moderators are still some lovely trouble makers - ahem boatswines - inside, they won't lock it :P

• @skulliah

I am keeping a close eye on this thread... It hasn't been derailed yet!

• @musicmee

...yet :P

• @musicmee this might be a weird question... but how exactly does someone derail a thread named "This post needs moderating!" :D

• @sir-lotus You make a good point! I am seeing this as a welcome post... and not the trouble-making post @Sshteeve lead us to believe!

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SmartThinHornet-size_restricted.gif

• While we are shifting roles and responsibilities around... Can we add a forum rule that the @Boatswain function only be used if you are in dire need of a meme? I think it is entirely used to often for serious questions. :P

alt text

Views
2 out of 44