Anyone else having an issue verifying their email ?

• I am not getting the confirmation email to verify my email. I had a link resent to my email about 30 times in the last several months. I've been trying to join the Insider program for about 5 months and I can't because my email has to be verified. I opened a ticket and they said they resent the verification email and to give it a few days, but I know it's not going to come through because it never does.

Tried changing my email to another one to see if I could verify that one, but that isn't working either. Anyone else have this issue? And if so, were you able to resolve it?

Edit: I've checked my spam folders and I've confirmed the email address is correct. I'm able to receive notifications of support tickets I've opened. Just can't confirm my email here.

Views
  • @mortarchelle I had a similar issue when I first signed up several months ago. I am trying to remember how I got through it. Pretty sure it was just persistence. If I remember what I did I will let you know. But I mostly just wanted to let you know it happened to me as well so I don't think it is isolated.

• @mortarchelle when you're changing the e-mail, do you use one at a different provider? like changing gmail for yahoo etc.

• @mortarchelle I had this issue. The support team had me use an alternate email address. It doesn't effect your MS account, and it's a c**p (GARBAGE) solution in my opinion (I don't frequently use the email I had to give to join the Insider Program). You could give it a shot, I suppose, and see if that will work for you.

• @mortarchelle I had the same issue. Support had me change to a secondary email address. Then verify the account, which worked. Then change back to the original email provided and verify that email address.

This all worked for me.

• @mortarchelle I am in the same boat as you. I have just been resubmitting it every three days and crossing my fingers.

• Update: I opened a support ticket and they resent it again and asked me to wait a few days. I waited, nothing. It was resent again and I was told to try changing my email address again if it didn't come through. This time, I was successful at changing my email address. The verification email came through immediately once I changed to another address. Yay!

• Had exact same issue back in beta, I created a ticket but before they replied I tried with an alternate email and it seemed to work. Thought this would be fixed by now :/

• @mortarchelle said in Anyone else having an issue verifying their email ?:

Update: I opened a support ticket and they resent it again and asked me to wait a few days. I waited, nothing. It was resent again and I was told to try changing my email address again if it didn't come through. This time, I was successful at changing my email address. The verification email came through immediately once I changed to another address. Yay!

Can confirm this fixed the problem for me. I switched my email to an alternate address and was able to verify that. I then switched back to my original email address and was able to verify that one as well.

• @hidden-token Oh, that's good to know! I'd rather have my other email address linked, but I don't want to risk running into an issue either lol. Think I'll play it safe... risk is for the seas ;)

Views
4 out of 10