Introduce the 'Corvette' Ship Class

• I know that this would not be a priority, but it would be nice to see eventually.

The corvette would be of similar size to the Brigantine but with some significant differences.

• It would be slower.
    • It would have a half-raised rear quarter with stairs leading up to it.
    • It would boast three masts (smaller and faster to work than that of the brig).
    • It would have three cannons.
    • It would have higher sides providing more cover for pirates.
    • It's potential minimum turning circle would be smaller than the brig's, but it would be slower to turn in terms of speed.

This would provide more of a tank type ship for 3 players. It would be slow but pack a punch and be a good competitor against galleons - but the sacrifice in speed for firepower means that you won't be able to get away very easily.

This would simply be a new type of ship to cater to more play styles as well as adding more variety to the seas and their encounters.

Thanks for reading, please leave your ideas and opinions below to discuss!

Views
  • @fieryhedgehog39 This is one very good idea, Mate! The corvette could give the players a little bit more versitility when choosing the ship to go with.

My crew and I once debated on the number of ships you can go with and what their pros and cons are. We came to the conclusion that all of these ships basically look the same and we thought of different shiptypes aswell. Considering viking ships with the huge nose und the thick ship walls which could easily rip a galleon in half, if you know what I mean. Or for example the more orientalic(?) ships which you can see in the 3. part of Pirates of the Caribbean. Sao Fangs ships in Singapore. Or for example the ships that are shown in the second part of 300.

Different ship types and different ship looks would be healthy for the game development, if you ask me. To see more than just 1, 2 or 3 masts on the horizon to define which ship you are up against would be a lovely experience.

To come back to the corvette you were talking about: It would be a great addition to the current ships. Heavier than the brig, but more stable, more space, more firepower, more momentum and less moveability, if I got you correct.

Best regards, Peter

• This fills the spot between the brigantine and the galleon well then after all we would need to put after the galleon is the man'o'war when the map is expanded again since they are gonna play with increasing the player count per session at somepoint so that would be the perfect time to do this especially since they are making the skeleton ships apart of the seas too.

• I'm all for new ship types.
    Personally, I'd like to see a small-ish ship intended for 1-2 players similar to a Sloop, but more durable, less maneuverable, and slightly more firepower. Almost like a miniature Brigantine that would be more manageable by a solo player or a two pirate crew, but with the added benefit of being more like a Sloop in terms of size. Slower than usual but more geared for combat than simply trying to out maneuver opponents.

To compensate for this, the standard Sloop could receive a buff to its mobility, making it the most nimble and manageable ship possible, at the cost of being frail, easy to sink, and having limited space. If you're not the pvp type, this more nimble Sloop is ideal, while the new, more combat focused Sloop isn't going to be able to outrun anyone, but will have the potential to be a force to be reckoned with when a skilled duo or solo player is at the helm.

• @fieryhedgehog39 I would love for different ship types but then it starts to get weird to balance. You dont want a ship that you are not going to use if one is deemed better, it would be a waste of resources to put into such a thing.

My friends prefer 3 manning the galleon than the brig, because we have been doing it before the brig. I cannot see a good reason for us to use the corvette if the galleon is much speedier.

The only reason if someone is going to use a slower ship but tankier is on the new Arena Mode.

• @fieryhedgehog39 we could use that idea for the man o' war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• @fieryhedgehog39 i would like to see different variations of each ship, so each of the player sizes could have a destroyer ship (high damage output weak defense), a tank ship, and a scout ship (high speed, rapid fire but less cannons and weak defense)

Views
6 out of 7