Pet Ideas

• I was going to make this a while ago, but i never knew if pets were a solid thing that was definitely going to be added, but seeing as they are confirmed i might as well. So here's some pet suggestions, mainly just to be a pet but ill add some ideas for practical uses, i mean i just wanna pet regardless. Also the idea to have cosmetics to wear for them would be nice also as well as the ability to name them.

Parrot:
    What's a pirate game without a parrot, something that'll sit on your shoulder or hat and stick with ya. Have the ability to stay places or even the ability to keep em safe in those bird cages on the galleon that are just sitting there empty in the captains quarters. Coming in different types of colours, that i don't know or can care to list all colour combinations. Perhaps even be able to feed them every now and then. The parrot could be able to fly up to the crows nest and sit up there. Maybe they could also have a lil parrot hat it could weird and small little cosmetics like hats and eye patches.

Monkey
    A commonly suggested pet, maybe to go and collect some bananas that they find or just go and eat some of the supply that the crew has. The monkey could climb up the mast and even on the sails to sit up there and hang out, and eat bananas and do whatever monkeys do, i dunno. Similar to the other pets have like a sit or stay mechanic along with follow to accompany you, maybe collected bananas it sees along the way as you traverse and island. And also maybe be able to have a hat too, just stuff to make it fit in with the crew look, like it's part of the team.

Cat
    A pet that can roam the boat deck, maybe it could flee inside at the sound of cannon fire, taking cover under deck to also prevent it from dying (but i also don't know how dying will work for pets but that's something else). It could hang out around the boat or just sit in the bed on ships, even though the sloop doesn't have a bed but whatever. Again, it could come in many colours that cats normally come in and different types of cats.

Crab
    I know crabs were like a thing that rare never intended to really have in game and haven't said anything of it but having a small little crab around the boat would be so cute. He could like sit up on your shoulder or on your hat and hang out, not exactly sure what benefit of having him would be, except being adorable and potentially wear a teeny tiny little hat (i like cosmetics alright?).

Chicken
    Mainly i just wanted some animals that we have exiting for the merchants, and i like chickens, them in all of their different colours and perhaps a special colour that you can have for pets.

Snake
    It can spit venom on non-crew people and is overall friendly to crew members, maybe even waking up and moving to the sound of music which also calms it from non-crew members for them to make it stop attacking them. Again, i just wanted some merchant animals to have.

Rat
    To for fill the perfect pet for the bilge rats, kinda roams the boat doing it's own thing, not really listening. Maybe it will eat through some supply of the bananas, but overall it hands out on the bottom deck just like a real bilge rat. I'd like to say it would carry disease but that mechanic really doesn't work, so i'm going to say its pretty clean. Taking it with you it would just scurry behind you and if it gets brought into the bar it would scurry around Duke, its favourite fellow bilge rat.

These are just a few suggestions, probably none will make it into the release, but i can try.
    Also i would like to ask, will these actually be bought with real money? I really hope not. I've also been trying to see where rare have said this so if anyone can point me to that i'd appreciate.

Views
  • No dogs?

A question just occurred to me though: Can pets die? If so, are they immune to friendly fire from crew-mates, just as you are? Will they appear on the Ferry of the Damned, or is there a separate Litter Tray of the Damned?

• And then we would have the "epic pets", e.g:

• Skeleton Parrot
    • Phoenix
    • Baby Dragon (sorry, I have a thing for dragons)
    • Mini Skeleton Pirate
      We'd probably only get these from special missions or by paying a lot of money.
  • @taaaamas These are some awesome ideas here that would fit nicely into This Thread.

As for Rats.... These have been discussed before, not as a pet, but as an in game feature that I (and @KattTruewalker) loved the sound of!

• @taaaamas

Very good list. I would add dogs and a raven. All indications point to them being micro transactions. I am against that. If the are hopefully some will be free.

I believe the must do more than stand by you. Should have animated behavior and quirks. Be able to give the commands and teach tricks. Wonder will we have to keep them feed or give treats like feeding pigs? Would be nice if each one had one special ability that help out in some way.

The pets need to fit into the world. Hope we do not see exotic pets or purple monkeys. Same with dressing them up. Some things are ok like a pirate hat and clothes for a monkey. Would be fun if they could react to when we play music. Monkeys could dance around, parrots fly in loops, etc.

• @surveyorpete that would be cool if pets were on the ferry of the Damned

Views
5 out of 6