November 2018 Xbox Update Rolling Out Today and Brings Keyboard and Mouse support to Xbox One

• The November 2018 Xbox update brings with it keyboard and mouse support for the Xbox One. I assume it won't be long before Sea of Thieves offers this, especially since PC players are already using them.

I found it interesting that Major Nelson stated that Fortnite will be "matchmaking players using the same input together with one another to ensure a fair and fun experience for everyone."

I wonder what implications, if any, this will have for Sea of Thieves.

Views
  • Looking forward to trying to balance a keyboard and mouse on my lap when I am sat on the sofa playing SoT.

• @little-squash I am happy for the xbox players (me being the mutant between both pc and xbox) for finally having the option for both controls :D

I am not too sure about the separation into servers controller or keyboard&mouse only since they always try to not separate the player base, but since the arena got there and the soon maybe moving npc ships (which was before a no go for rare) I am no too sure about it not happening :D
    I am both bad at keyboard&mouse and controller and get crushed by xbox players on either one so I would be at disadvantage all the time even with the separation XD

• I hope Rare implements the input based matchmaking as well. I stopped playing Sot because of the crossplay. I know I am one of many and I still miss playing the game sometimes, I like to see what has changed since the Megalodon.

Views
2 out of 4