Banana sound setting

• Hi !

Let's banana-talk!
    That may have already been discussed before but... the sound your character makes when eating a banana. Why has it to be so... accurate ?
    I hate hearing the munching, swallowing then even burping sound of my character. It nearly makes me nauseous at a point I simply switch the volume off until I have finished eating.

That may sound funny but yeah, It creeps me out :D I know i'm not alone with that.
    I don't suggest to completely remove or change the sound but well... having an option to disable that kind of sound... that would be awesome! :D

Anyways since it my first time posting here this is my first occasion to say : Amazing game, Rare!

Views
  • uhm...Don't eat while playing could maybe help?

• @clumsy-george Haha :D Nope wasn't talking about myself. Am referring to the sounds played by the game while our avatar is healing using the banana item. ^^

• @oragonefreet I guess i can see your point here, I believe some people suffer from Misophonia, it would make sense to make a setting make it friendlier for these people.

• I love all the sounds, and want many more where there are none, like for shark bites, being wounded by pretty much anything... etc. Grunts, groans, cries... Hell, even flatulence would be hilarious ;-)

I can see that some would have problems with such sounds though, so maybe a 'switch' to turn them off would be an option.

• @oragonefreet It doesn't bother me at all but I have a friend that hates all "mouth sounds" so I can feel for ya, ha! While there isn't an option to turn off banana sounds, perhaps make a game out of it and yell some kind of pirate exclamation out loud while you eat a banana to cover it up.

• @starship42 yes. Definitely need to pass some gas. Be more pirate right?

• @br0crastinat0r lol aye #bemorepirate

• maybe when more fruits come out they will sound different for ya

• @oragonefreet mate why is this annoying to you?

• @br0crastinat0r said in Banana sound setting:

@starship42 yes. Definitely need to pass some gas. Be more pirate right?

Damn straight. Ya can't call yerself a pirate if yas can't blast yerselves out of a cannon and let er rip...

Seriously, this has to happen. Raspberrying on the fly while in combat, when sneakin around on someones ship... Omg it would add a great deal of joviality.

I say the next Bilge Rat Adventure should be focussed on the fun of flatulence. Will lend a whole new meaning to "griefing".

Humour. A large part of why this game is fun is due to it's humour. There is nothing more funny than the F**t joke. Come on, Rare. Do it.

You know you want to ;-)

• @oragonefreet well sometimes it is really "sickening" for me as well since my beatiful dressed female pirate is burping like an old geezer on drugs :P :D
    I hope they add some female versions and maybe tune down the burping since that is the only one that is slightly uhm unsighty for my ears (because the volume is louder than the others and that is actually my problem) ;)

• @oragonefreet and I have been asked to turn the volume down / off when I explore the depths. The sound of my pirate suffocating and then finally getting some air... has proven quite distressing for a lot of people. As someone who used to do quite a lot of free diving and scuba diving myself... I feel my pirate's pain...
    And yup, I got used to the sound of Banana eating... but most of the time the sound of someone eating is enough to make me leave some streams where the person eats at one point.

• Ooh I actually love the "add news sounds" idea. Flatulence, Raspberrying, ... I even may use them.

@ClosingHare208 I don't know man, always been like that. And that's pretty common actually.
    But maybe @Shikia-Caeleaum is right, the issue would be the volume compared to the rest.
    Still, I reckon that's part of the humour of the game (like the puking!).

@Barnacle-Blake I though about that yes. Talking with another pirate lately who just said "how come we cannot eat any coconut in this game?". He's right.

@IOIweINI Will definetely try.

• @oragonefreet said in Banana sound setting:

@Barnacle-Blake I though about that yes. Talking with another pirate lately who just said "how come we cannot eat any coconut in this game?". He's right.

In time.....

https://twitter.com/SeaOfThieves/status/875002874371203072

• @dumy2008 lets hope we eat this coconut the same way and out teeth just break ingame when eating too many :P

• @shikia-caeleaum Heh... eating coconut loses health haha

• @ionei-falcon said in Banana sound setting:

...but I have a friend that hates all "mouth sounds"

Oh boy, that friend must have a hard time listening to people talk!

• @oragonefreet I see

• @oragonefreet said in Banana sound setting:

Hi !

Let's banana-talk!
    That may have already been discussed before but... the sound your character makes when eating a banana. Why has it to be so... accurate ?
    I hate hearing the munching, swallowing then even burping sound of my character. It nearly makes me nauseous at a point I simply switch the volume off until I have finished eating.

That may sound funny but yeah, It creeps me out :D I know i'm not alone with that.
    I don't suggest to completely remove or change the sound but well... having an option to disable that kind of sound... that would be awesome! :D

Anyways since it my first time posting here this is my first occasion to say : Amazing game, Rare!

The only thing wrong with it is that females burp and making drowning noises like a male. It's a weird thing to notice, but each to their own. :)

Views
1 out of 20