Merchant Vs Pirate. New content idea.

• I've been working on an idea for Sea of thieves to make it a bit more exciting.
    A new Merchant VS Pirate content. Got a lot in common with the current cargorun system.

Merchant:
    Depending on what merchant lvl you are, you can buy quest from outposts with different value.
    The quest will be to go to the targeted outpost and collect goods, then you bring them back to the original outpost to get maximum pay.
    Maybe??? you have to pay for the goods when you collect them but you will be rewarded to make x2-x3 profit in the end.
    The trade route will go between the different regions of the map. The Shores of Plenty, The Ancient Isles, The Wilds. The Devil's Roar poses a bit a problem, but could just give higher reward.
    I'm thinking lvl50 merchant = 20K mission. Invest 1k-20k and be able to ~double or maybe ~tripple your profit when you travel the longest distance.

There will be notes on the boxes with destination as it is in the current cargorun system.
    You could aslo use the same boxes, plants, rum and cloth.
    (https://seaofthieves.gamepedia.com/Cargo_Runs)

Maybe increase the amount of cargo you can take depending on the lvl of the quest.
    Maybe give merchants doing this quest a "Royal Merchant" flag to make them stick out a bit from the crowd.
    Pirates:
    Snitches lurkes around on every outpost. The more money you give them, the higher value will the information they send you, have. The information will be sent when the cargo is being collected because the snitch have eyes on the docks.

The information could contain where the goods were loaded and what region it's supposed to be delivered to. Information could come in the form of a Pigeon post which makes the message a bit delayed giving the merchant a head start.
    LvL doesn't matter when you pay the informant. If you are a lvl1 in all classes, you can still pay off the informant to get information about a lvl50 merchant trader.

So why chase after the merchant? Well first, you're a s**m pirate always looking for free loot. Second, you dont have to invest any money as the merchant has to do, remember, 10k investment for a 20k-30k profit. Free for us pirates when we steal it.
    Allthough, paying off the snitch could cost as much as 50k total to get to the highest value of information.

Just an idea. Cheers.

Views
  • @SharkToothJake and @BETSILL Please refrain from discussion of disciplinary actions on our forum, as it is against our forum rules. Your posts have been removed accordingly.

Discussing Disciplinary Actions
    Discussion of disciplinary actions taken against individual players is not permitted on the Forums. Topics and posts with this content will be locked, deleted and the users involved warned. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

• If you don't mind I'd like to add a little twist. Since plants, silks and rum bottles are basically undesireable seizures in a pirates eyes maybe make each recipient of delivered goods pay the merchant in gems. If the gems are returned to the original merchant who initially sold the goods they will bring he highest payout but if they're stolen and cashed elsewhere they'll bring a lower payout. Thoughts?

• @bern-dimaii I dont mind, please come with ideas.

I think you're on to something, It would fit in with the rest of the game I think. And I agree that bottles, plants and rum are quite dull in a pirates perspective.

• as an option in the tavern to accept the order on delivery of passengers, the cost will depend on the passenger, pirate, trader, dark personality

• @korsair178 Like npc passengers?

• @sharktoothjake this could work

• I would rather we add another new Trading Company: since we now have the Sea Dogs as the dedicated Arena PvP faction, we could have an Adventure PvP faction. Going with the same trend of naming a TC after a clothing set, we may name these guys the Admirality.

I know a lot of pirates want a Royal Navy to do battle with, well, here it is, but with a twist: you are the Royal Navy. Or rather, you’ve been contracted by the Admirality as a privateer, and are tasked with seizing “contraband” from the pirates lurking the seas, and delivering it to them.

The whole system revolves around having tags on each item, saying if it’s been found by your crew or not. “Contraband” counts as any item not first collected by your crew; Admirality missions will ask you to collect a certain amount of contraband, regardless of rarity.

Turning in contraband to the Admirality isn’t very rewarding in terms of gold, compared to turning it into its proper trading company. However, turning in contraband to the Admirality is very rewarding in terms of reputation; if you find yourself in that rut where you’re grinding Merchant missions to reach lvl 50, you can skip over to the Admirality, steal loot from other pirates and turn it in for a relatively quicker and easier time getting to rep 50. The challenge is you need to take on other players in Adventure mode, meaning they might try to run away.

Views
11 out of 12