Newly Minted Legend

• I MADE IT!

So it took me seven months, a lot of time in different crews, one main crew who have slowed down recently and of course, the boatswain crew, who are hands down, some of the finest Pirates you are likely to sail with if you ever get the chance.
    I won’t go into all of the details of how I made it, but I was ready for the next challenge and Duke was involved – some will not like that, some will, but it worked for me and it’s a mechanic that I am pleased Rare put in.

Now for the crux of the matter – retention of a player
    This game has held me like NOTHING else before it. I do not play games for long at all – I play them for a few weeks, maybe a month, rinse them and then I’m done.

I played Sea of Thieves every week, as my main, if not ONLY game, since day one!

That is testament to the game that Rare have built, that is testament to the majority of players you find out there on the sea, that is also testament to updates and improvements that we have constantly seen since launch. I have made true friends from this game, people I speak to daily, people who I share my life with and they theirs with me – the comradery is amazing!

I tried to hit Legend and spend my first hours in a decent, upstanding Bosun way, so I dropped into a random game, saw a few Pirates working hard together, then dropped then an Athena and went on my way after ringing all the islands for them.

I am not done with this game – I can now enjoy what my crew want to do without thinking “I’d really like to get some more Merchant done”. No, now I can just sail and earn loot to buy those nice shiny Legendary cosmetics!

Thanks

There are people who have been with me since day one:
    @o-Pixel-Pixie-o – My crewmate since day one and always there when I needed a crew
    @Reedski – the frustrated Captain
    @Fakelamselaar – the Great Dane himself
    @FishSt1ck – the one and only – the man who brought me over the Discord!
    @PersonalC0ffee – our Legend and guide
    @LucianSanchez82 and @Octopus-Lime - my Bricktop buddies!
    @SpecialAdvisor – the silky voiced announcer who is a calming influence for shipmate!
    @boatswain – I can’t name you all here, but Sirio, Monkey, J4y, Music, Thor, Lotus, Reddy and all of you guys, you make playing more fun!

#timetolearnthemap

#notmypiratelegend

Views
  • Congrats! I figured you had already made it but I was mistaken!

Now you too can start posts with I'm PL Athena X and I....

• @hynieth said in Newly Minted Legend:

Congrats! I figured you had already made it but I was mistaken!

Hee hee, no I've been slow burning this journey matey, glad I'm there, but it's not relief it's just a nice celebration of the adventures I have had

Now you too can start posts with I'm PL Athena X and I....

NEVER!
    (Sshteeve - PL Athena 4)
    :D

• @sshteeve

Congratulations on achieving Legend!!!

https://media.giphy.com/media/FX0PEGTtJ809y/giphy.gif

• @katttruewalker Thank you very much! Now if you ask @TriHeadedMonkey very nicely he has a rather embarrassing video of me mucking up the process of BECOMING Legend! XD

• @sshteeve said in Newly Minted Legend:

@katttruewalker Thank you very much! Now if you ask @TriHeadedMonkey very nicely he has a rather embarrassing video of me mucking up the process of BECOMING Legend! XD

looks in @triheadedmonkey's direction expectantly :D

• @sshteeve Great work matey, welcome to the club!

• @sshteeve

Congrats matey!!!! Very well deserved!!!
    I'll be a while yet myself... I'll keep my fizzy grog on ice :)

• Congrats man 😁. Now you're a free man eheheh

• @sshteeve Are you finally going to stop asking us to stop at shipwrecks now?

• @LucianSanchez82 and @Octopus-Lime I almost forgot my bricktop buddies! That soundboard will always be at hand when playing with you gents!

• @sshteeve Well done dear sir, it was, and always is a pleasure and an honour sailing with you... (though your entering the hideout skills need to be worked on lol )

Seriously though, it's been a journey both Discord, Forums and on the seas, but always, always good times.

• @katttruewalker as Monkey isn't - I'll post it, for it was a massive fail even before this. Still chuckling to myself. Sshteve 7 months to hit legend.. well played, but it felt like 7 years just getting the title !

• @Sshteeve congratulations shipmate! It was my great pleasure to assist...and I look forward to sailing along towards that Athena’s Figurehead with you as well. Fair Winds and Following Seas...Legend! ;-)

• Congratulations are in order. Great job! Where are you on "Athena's Rank"?

• @sshteeve A massive congratulations! I'm glad to have at least been a small part in your adventures... And from one Yorkshire man to another...

By 'eck lad ya didn't half tek long!

• @musicmee said in Newly Minted Legend:

@sshteeve A massive congratulations! I'm glad to have at least been a small part in your adventures... And from one Yorkshire man to another...

By 'eck lad ya didn't half tek long!

Aye, but wer' werth it in't end!

• @bern-dimaii not too far at all, just hit 4

• @j4dio said in Newly Minted Legend:

@katttruewalker as Monkey isn't - I'll post it, for it was a massive fail even before this. Still chuckling to myself. Sshteve 7 months to hit legend.. well played, but it felt like 7 years just getting the title !

Hahaah! But wouldn't it have been awful if the stairs hadn't opened up after all that!!!

• @katttruewalker You ever wish there were save states in this game so that you could go back and have another go?!

D'Oh!

I knew these two watching as well would mean shenanigans and I would muck it all up!

• @katttruewalker He missed the closing time for the Hideout :D

(eventual) congrats @Sshteeve !

• Another pirate carved into the wall of legends! Congrats mate!

• oh, i should have put a You tube video on here for you...But i leave it away...The performer of the song isn't...trustworthy anymore ( * oooh, very diplomaticly solved ,this one, you amaze me, moron…) . So Congratulations, Mr Sshteeve...No interrogations, you can let the world to know how happy you can be t***a ta taaa...Congratulations...No interrogations ...You can let the world to see what a great Legend you will be….Based on a song from the sixties by somebody they called Sir once but i don't know if he can still be proud on that title today…

You , Mr Sshteeve , can be very proud to join the evergrowing ranks of Legends...Remember Pirates ,they may be sharing the same title , every Legend is still unique ...Discover yourself who Legend Sshteeve is ...

• @clumsy-george George don't tear yourself down your not stupid because in the Athena's fortune you have a legendary bulnderbus

• @closinghare208
    Tearing myself down, Mrs Closinghare ? i don't know what you mean...Yes , somebody told me ( * You do know why he's mentioned with a blunderbuss , right Mrs Closinghare ? Dissect the word...You will find Blunder...George is a walking blunder...hihihihi, what a plonker ,hey?)

• @clumsy-george bluderbus George and I'm a Mr.

• @closinghare208 Ah ,ok sorry , i'm so confused....i thought i had offended you earlier by saying Mr ...The Queen card didn't helped either , ...just sorry Sir

• @clumsy-george I mean to other people mate

• Well in mate, I know I've been hard to work with at times but I'm glad to see all your falling off the ship and losing the loot has finally paid off!

• @sshteeve Congrats Man! and Welcome to the next grind..lol

Views
1 out of 30