The Devil Did Roar.

• This story is based on true events.

The crew onboard the flint and silvers revenge have a code, we are all captains and none of us are captains at the same time. A proper Utopia if you like? The ship runs smoothly you could say, not because of any one man or woman but because we all know our place and we all chip in to get the job done, that is all. There is no need for shouting commands or holding many votes because we all generally want the same thing; Fame and fortune upon the sea of thieves!

I got a bit weary of the sea though, decided to hang my hook and hat up and give my peg leg a rest from my pirate ways when one day, I got a message that my crew mates onboard the 'shadows and discord' had fallen victim to a sociopathic, egomaniac who barked commands and shouted at them from his self imposed position of what he called 'legend captain lord' or something to that affect... My crew mates and I, we began communicating back and forth and as we did so, I began to recall that I too had the misfortune of sailing with this hellish tyrannical fiend a few times before and immediately began to sympathise with my mates and their plight!
    Their names; freeweed and cherryturner - my two mates who found themselves in a slavers clutches! My ship mates plunged into slavery on an athenas voyage in the Devils Roar nonetheless...

I remember when I had sailed with this Devil, I had become a pirate legend a little time before but the little napoleon didn't like to recognise my achievement or my title, I distinctly remember him taking every opportunity to flex his rank with Athena and belittle mine and bark orders at everyone including me. He was a Young stout man but loud and grizzled far beyond his years with mad dogs eyes and when angered, had an eerily soft and light voice that chilled the spine.

The communications with my old crew grew worse. Talk of the demon trying to get them to 'glitch' at the main mast? A way to execute them? Or banish them? Demanding and commanding and trying to put this one or that one in the brig, all the while trying to get an Athenas fortune voyage completed....Not quite the utopia my mates had become accustomed to...

Through our secret messages, we conspired to stage a mutiny. Writing to eachother of dark deeds in dark waters in secret using magical windows to pass eachother short letters.
    Half the crew vs the little Devil and his first mate within the red mist of the Devils Roar!

That was the plan!

I wrote frantically hoping my messages to be carried safely;

'If you really want to hit home with this guy, Steal his Athenas chest right at the end, drop the chests overboard, sink the ship.'

After a long time and after a fearsome struggle, cherryturner ran off with the unearthed Ashen Athenas chest on a rowboat and freeweed took to the helm and managed to sail the gallion west out of the Devils Roar. The 1st mate to the little devil resigned from his position shortly after the mutiny had taken place and much of the minor loot had been lost - my crew mates by default got the upper hand on the Tyrant's ship as the majority , sending him immediately for once and for all, to the brig of his Gallion. This turn of events opened a portal for me to join my mates on the Devils ship as the 4th member of the crew, replacing the shadow lord who abandoned his demon captain. I accepted the invitation to the ship and zapped through the ether to be at once, on its hellish dim and bleak deck.
    I emerged from behind my mates down in the bilge to take a look at the devil foaming at the mouth and shaking with rage behind the bars of the brig of his own ship - To see it with my own two eyes if it was indeed really him.
    He was defeated, nothing more than a caged animal, Wild and ravenous with envy, disdain and a thirst for vengeance, mainly for me but nothing more than a caged animal.
    "I hope you die in a house fire" he choked "I hope it burns down with the doors and windows jammed shut and with you on the inside!'' he frothed at me like a viper "I am the true legend you hear me? You @%$%#** I am the captai...."
    My mate freeweed had at this point had enough and she slammed the door to the bilge shut, cutting his beastly howling short. Both my mates and I knew we had to scuttle the ship to silence the madman before going off to sell his Athenas chest....which free and cherry had stashed away somewhere before I got there...
    We had to scuttle before the demon found a way out from his confinement - And so we proceeded with our mutinous plan. We scuttled the ship with the little devil inside!
    The ship went down and it's diabolical captain with it, he bubbled and furiously belched as he too submerged below the waves, sinking just off the coast of ancient Spire Outpost, to a final, watery grave.
    "Solo, can you hear me solo? This is not the end of this solo! You hear me you fffff" he disappeared beneath the waves with his ship and faded from the plain of existence known as the sea of thieves but only once we were sure he was truly gone, Only once we were absolutely certain he had gone from out of time and space, (timed out) did we cash in the ashen athenas chest taking the pay for ourselves!

The Devil did Roar, no more.

He did tell me that he was the man himself that hell spat back out so... maybe he'll be back...mind you he thought more of himself than anyone else did...

The End.

Views
  • Unfortunately, you couldn't send them to the sharks in keelholes or over the plank. I also have such tyrants on board occasionally. Then always drive the ship against the rocks and sink it, pointing out that I would have avoided the rock with free will very well, but since the tyrant took it from me and gave no clear command himself... "What do you shout? Throw anchor? When? First prepare or right now? May I humbly ask His Captain's Highness for exact, executable instructions! (Crash - Kaboom) Mwuharharhar." Then I can be really shamefully deceitful.

• Hardy har! We had a similar situation on an Athena this weekend. A random crew member decided to make off in a row boat with five chest that we fought hard for on our first mission while we were out fighting skelly captains on the second. We threw them in the brig and recovered our loot, only to find they had eaten all our bananas too!! Since there was still a long voyage ahead of us, they were going to have to sit in the brig unrewarded for a very long time. We gamblers tend not to cash in until the very end. So, we continued on having fun... arranging all the loot around the jail cell as we brought it back. They actually stayed for quite some time, but dropped before the Athena quest? Pity, been getting 8-9k all weekend for those alone.

On the flip side, during a different run this weekend we got dealt a random first time player. He asked lots of questions, helped with everything, and fit in with the crew like he sailed with us forever. We completed a Roar Athena during his first ever time at sea... worthy of a friend.

PS: Don't hate the grinders... hate the grind. We are having a blast!

• @cmm-solo next time make him walk the plank

• was nice... I like to put snakes around the Brig for those types... Every time the snakes spit on them it feels good lol

• @barnacle-blake

Borrowing this +10

• @barnacle-blake Thank you very much for this suggestion. From now on I will always have a snake cage with me!

Views
1 out of 7