Times I wish Sot was sold on steam

• Its not the game performance or anything its mainly how it updates. As when im trying to get the update up it takes quite a long time say about 4 hours, long and behold when it was almost finished a random app which i never used or even installed was auto updating. And with that it reset the whole progress of the Sot update so now i have to re-update it again! Unlike Mc steam has a queue where it updates games in a line and can have a selected one of which should be updated first. It also Saves the download progress whether you turn off the pc or switch to a different game to use on. So yeah, i was hoping to play the game today but it seems like it not be the case, I think this needs to be a fix on Mc itself because if you haven't even used less alone downloaded an app it shouldn't auto update for no reason let alone update at all. Whelp i guess another 4hrs of waiting starts now.

Views
  • @emerald-hyper The solution is not to sell in the store of the competition, in any case it is to improve the store.

• @quietrobot well thats what I mean by that the store should have a better way of handeling downloads and updates such as steam for example. From what I think it was almost as Mc pulled a Bethesda as due to the fallout 76 beta pre download files got all deleted from a bug, thats what it feels in my opinion. But another gripe i have with the mc is that it doesnt really update when having the monitor off but have the tower still running. Its more or less you have to keep the monitor on all the time or wiggle the mouse so it wont pause itself.

• @emerald-hyper You need to familiarize yourself with your Operating System. You have the ability to control the software on your system.

It sounds to me like you're using a laptop, with power-save features turned on. Turn them all off, for starters, and you'll likely enjoy using that machine a bit more (just keep it plugged in).

• @wodyo not quite I am using a very well powered pc that can run bf1 at max, most games that update from steam doesnt take so long more or less around 30mins or less. Now from the Mc store, Sot is the only thing i ever use from it which its a bit strange that some random app that I never used auto updates, that is my problem with it

• @emerald-hyper

Learn about your operating system. I don't know what an "Mc store" is, but the Microsoft Store is a part of Windows 10. It is not "random."

"Computers only do what you tell them to." ~ My first computer teacher, some 20+ years ago.

• The updates for me have always been as fast as my internet would allow, perhaps you are being throttled by your ISP?

• @emerald-hyper

Ahoy there, it is possible to turn off automatic updates from both the store and in windows 10 itself.

For the Store you'd need to click the 3 dots by your gamerpic, choose settings and then turn off 'Update apps automatically'.
    This does mean you'd have to manually start the update for Sea of Thieves but it wouldn't be interrupted, although I'm not absolutely clear what you were interrupted by.
    Generally I find apps do update in a list format on the store, much like steam does.

• @emerald-hyper

Im on xbox and all u mentioned is possible.
    Pause, continue after power-off even switch the active update/download without losing process.

it all works.

Views
1 out of 9