Patch Notes Discussion - 1.3.2

• no egg throwing...

• Love the Update!

I do have to point out that the Moon is currently rendered through the Cloud Layers (Regular Clouds, the Storm Cloud, Skeleton Ship and Fort Clouds) - i do like it for the odd screenshot or two, but i also does bug me quite a bit. 😅
    Bild Text

• @khaleesibot dijo en Patch Notes Discussion - 1.3.2:

• Eye of Reach - Players can now sprint as soon as the Eye of Reach is cocked, no longer restarting the animation.

Only the Eye of Reach? What about the pistol?

• @guepard4 eye of reach is the meta!

• @Macr0ne Discussing your Pioneer experience outside of the Pioneer Forum is not permitted acorrding to the NDA you agreed to when joining the programme.

• @guepard4 With how trivial it is for them to fix this, it's pretty silly the pistol wasn't fixed as well. EoR feels SOOO much better now though.

• These are the type of patch notes we all love to see, some added content and an event that should encourage interesting “territories” style gameplay to earn the commendations, (or some big alliances, im sure there will be a lot of both) and to top that all off, a huge list of bug fixes that let us all rest assured you guys are all in the studio kicking butt and taking names.

Seems to me like you guys are really hitting your stride here, hope the trend continues and i really, really hope that the upgrades the physics engine has been getting will really allow this game to see some major changes and additions, cant wait to hear more about what joe has been hinting at to do with “competition” or the npc that is “competitive” or whatever he said.

• @personalc0ffee cmon dude, dont ruin the moment. Lol. I would have always had faith if patch notes had always been this extensive, we were told the physics was getting upgraded, etc.

If anything i still wouldnt really consider this halloween event a “content update” like other games get them, but other games atleast on console rarely do this type of live service frequency of updates, so i get it.

But my main point in this reply is just take what you can get from my compliments in the last post, you telling me to have faith or comparing your faith to my faith in rare has literally no bearing on the quality of content, which is where we tend to disagree, and im only so opinionated on here because rare asked for feedback.

Irl i can be anyones friend, im a pretty easy going person who just wants to have a good time in this life. Would be much easier around here if we could have respect for each others opinions without questioning how/why the other person has their opinion.. its not like i think im smarter or better for anything ive ever said on here, it would be nice if the game was though.

Ill try to keep the faith, you try to understand why some people were hoping this game would be their next big gaming escape from their lame real life existence, im glad its enough for some people, but its still missing a lot to truly be the escape into an immersive open world multiplayer pirate sandbox, that a lot of the early testers and fans of the game envisioned, when we were told rares vision. That dosnt mean rare has done anything wrong, as long as it dosnt mean i have either, its just a disconnect on both ends.

Again, ill try and keep the faith and continue to come here and give my 2 cents positively and give the team encouragement, but these arent things that should be required for feedback that has merit to be looked at and considered.

Heck i even was one of the first people to suggest lantern colors, but to me this is something that should be added in a random patch, not be the focus of a seasonal event, however i do think it is fitting for halloween, and the beacons add to gameplay potentially.

See, moment ruined, lol. My honesty and opinions sting like the seas saltiest salts to some diehard fans, i get that. Still only want good things for the game.

• Another thing I noticed: the supply crates (bananas, planks and cannonballs) have now also the new inventory UI.

Thank you !

• @khaleesibot This patch has some bugs.

1. Sometimes when you die it will spawn you on a new island instead of on your boat.
    2. Galleons are WAY too fast. Holy c**p they move so fast now. Sailing with the wind they almost double the speed of a sloop. Against the wind they go about the same. This REALLY needs to be fixed! Haven't run into a brig so idk about them.
    3. This isn't so much a bug as probably a bad design, but if you have the same light as the beacon, you can't light it. So if you claim the color from the beacon then you can't light it for the commendation after. If it's the default color then you can't light it unless you have another color.
    4. All the seapost i went to had the exact same inventory.
    5. If you kys before setting sail you won't get a flame from the ferry.
    6. only the clothing shop has the cosmetic preview. Again this might not be a bug and is just Rare cutting corners, but the seaposts and duke don't have the cosmetic preview.
    7. Water doesn't decelerate properly which leads to your character flying up out of the water due to upward momentum if you hit the water at steeper angles.

That's all i've come across in my session today.

• @khaleesibot so eye of reach got a firerate buff? Doesnt that unbalance it?

• @king-deka I wondered the same thing...I hope they aren't being removed

• Is it me or does HDR on Xbox have more pop?

• Great way to showcase Halloween 1. Though I'd say next year please allow pumpkin cannon shooting. Non damage pumpkins would be great fun.

That's really my only note. Otherwise great job everyone!!

• @nayfe-pacewell said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.3.2:

@khaleesibot so eye of reach got a firerate buff? Doesnt that unbalance it?

From my experience, it is more powerful than before. The reload time now matches the animation while the animation retains its old length. It might even compare to the pistol now, though I'm unsure.

There is still the lowered FOV while using the scope, however, with some practice you don't even need the scope to aim at close to medium range.

Let alone folks who claim to have stuck a crosshair to their monitor... I don't entirely believe someone would find this fun in the long term.

• @hisdarkestfear This is great for the long term. Weapons still need work(mostly the sword), but the EoR feels soooo much better to use now. They need to apply the same fix to the pistol. It's not as bad, but needs to be fixed regardless.

• @lem0n-curry said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.3.2:

Another thing I noticed: the supply crates (bananas, planks and cannonballs) have now also the new inventory UI.

Thank you !

I didn't see this in the notes but this is one of the best updates IMO.

It took SOOO long to fill banana and cannonball crates, and now they can be used just like regular supply barrels and placed wherever you want. This is FANTASTIC.

• @khaleesibot crikey!
    I venture away for 3 days and look at all those changes!!!

WOW

• @khaleesibot I like the hint mate and or lass

• Absolutely loving the addition of coloured lanterns and so glad to hear they will forever be a part of The Sea Of Thieves.

Only disappointment was finding no Face Paint options in the clothing store at Morrows outpost. I hope to see some in the future mind (whispers please Rare make it so Soon™)

• Firstly, congrats on the amount of bugs fixed with this like that really shows how much you guys put into this game day in and day out.

Secondly, Time to see you guys on the party boat

• Played last night from 7-9:30pm and finished all 12 new commendation objectives and made 110 doubloons, and got my duke specials.... Now What?

I love my boat splashed out in Purple lights! New Skull Torch is cool.

Technical issues: Stutter and more stutter on Xbox one X. Played on Sloop Duo and Solo and 1 in 2 times I climbed the ladder into the boat, I fell through the boat back into the water!!! This happened while empty handed and also with my brand spanking "dry" silks, that are now Ruined! I want my 100 gold Rare!!!
    More importantly a bug fix I always found annoying, Diving off a boat and hitting the reef or up-slope would stutter and hang up your character. That's fixed!

Joe, for all the presentations about not breaking stuff when adding new stuff, that still needs work.
    See you on the Seas in 2 weeks for the next update.

• @garb4569 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.3.2:

Firstly, congrats on the amount of bugs fixed with this like that really shows how much you guys put into this game day in and day out.

Secondly, Time to see you guys on the party boat

now if we could only get them blinking

• One other thing. Could be a result of the update or not, Pulled in Plunder Outpost to sell me wears and collect a crate of Bananas. Didn't have the count of 50 on the boat, drained the barrels on the island, and for whatever reason they did not resupply in any fashion. Neither Bananas, cannonballs, or
    planks. Ran around for 20 min, killed myself, rowed out and back, then finally caved and sailed to old boot fort for my last 3!!! Bananas.

Is on Island Supplies or Outpost resupply broken?

• @hisdarkestfear the blue tac on the screen is common as sea water around my parts, so much that to not do it will only have you left behind.
    "Prey must adapt to match the predator in order to survive."

That aside, yer it's the same firerate as the flintlock now. me and my friend tested it by firing bullets as fast as we could from both guntypes at the same time... not only did we find each round setting off at the same timing sequence, but we also found out that the EoR has the same accuracy cone as the flintlock lock when firing from the hip, the bullet spread has been reduced when firing from the hip.. Only real difference out side it looks. Is that the EoR does heavier damage per round (2 shots to kill) flintlock is 4.

• @nayfe-pacewell said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.3.2:

@hisdarkestfear the blue tac on the screen is common as sea water around my parts, so much that to not do it will only have you left behind.
    "Prey must adapt to match the predator in order to survive."

That aside, yer it's the same firerate as the flintlock now. me and my friend tested it by firing bullets as fast as we could from both guntypes at the same time... not only did we find each round setting off at the same timing sequence, but we also found out that the EoR has the same accuracy cone as the flintlock lock when firing from the hip, the bullet spread has been reduced when firing from the hip.. Only real difference out side it looks. Is that the EoR does heavier damage per round (2 shots to kill) flintlock

That sounds incredibly unbalanced to me. Who thought the EoR need a buff? If anything, it needed a nerf. The advantage of the pistol is supposed to be a faster reload and aim. If the EoR is now the same, there's no practical advantage to using a flintlock, ever. That seems wrong to me.

• Does anybody know what date the Featival of the damned ends on SOT commendation/cosmeticwise?

• @freemantle Well, Im not sure this is correct, but I know that there is a contest going on into november 14, about Creating a Festival of the Damned Related 10 min Movie. SO, I would assume at least for another week... Hopefully haha :) Cheers m8

• @freemantle @BillyTheTort

Apparently this Bilge Rat Adventure lasts 3 weeks:

So I guess it will end around November 21. :)

But @Freemantle the commendations will stay in the game and you will still be able to unlock them and earn the doubloons even after the event! Only the cosmetics that Duke sells will no longer be buyable.

• @skulliah Aye. Tis the season to be frolly ;)

• I really like this Colored lantern thing i hope its here to stay, would love to see us turning colors of all lanterns in game on islands and outposts as well...
    I want to spread my blue ally all over the Server to let others know they are in my Territory.
    Rare, u gave us a game mechanic for start fighting for a special color now give us intensions to turn all lenterns in game to one Color or something like that... ;)
    Nice work well done so far...

• @zannarii Ahoy matey!

The coloured lanterns are here to stay, as is the well on the ferry of the damned!

I have loved seeing people out at sea with different coloured lanterns as a new way to decorate their ships!

• Man most of the bugs are out.. theres some pretty good content now... too bad this wasn't the state of the game 8 months ago.

Sadly, I think this may be too late. I tried to convince my friends to come back and they said meh.... sigh.. too little to late I guess.

Only one bug that still grinds my gears and that is the random black screen that teleports me to my boat... no matter how far I am away.. so many rowboat sneak attacks failed because I get the black screen while hoping off the rowboat to their boat... maybe one day this bug will be fixed. Maybe in 8 more months?

Views
1 out of 84