Solo Sloop Support Group Needed!!!

• Based on my experience in the world of Sea of Thieves, it is my recommendation that we need a Solo Sloop Support Group (SSG).

Have you sailed a s solo sloop and experience other vessels chasing you for hours and unable to catch you, have you joined an alliance only to be killed and looted or just unable to complete any voyages because other vessels just harass you? To which I am certain many people can relate with and answer YES!

As for myself, I have been sailing the Sea of Thieves since the day it was launched and I find my self often sailing by myself. I do belong to a crew or fleet and it is vary rare to find an appropriate crew to sail with. I have tried sailing with random players, we all know how this goes. I do have friends to sail with, but this is always a timing thing.

My experience over this past week has been nothing short of frustrating, trying to do Order of Souls as solo player. I could say that I have accomplished nothing within game this past week.

My latest experience included starting an Order of Souls voyage on Lookout Point and I put me boots on the sand to start vanquishing them skellies. After the second wave, I see a sloop coming around Plunders Outpost and heading my direction. I quickly notice that they have an alliance flag flying. I board my ship and prepare to disembark and join there alliance. As soon as I join their alliance, they start to fire their cannons, not one hitting my ship. I quickly leave their alliance and set sail.

As they start to chase me, I decide to do a figure eight around some islands to test there skills and hopefully lose them. With no luck, they continued to follow and are trying to snipe me. I checked my scope and I noticed that it was two pirate legends.

Off in the distance I see that there was the cloud for skellie ships. So I figured I would run them into this zone and quickly exit to get red of these annoying pirates. Entering this zone went well for me, leaving with only two holes from the skellie ships. The ship chasing me did not do that well, but unfortunately they did not sink. But this proved to create great distance between our two vessels.

But yet they continued to follow. After running around a storm, them being attacked by Meg, running them back into the skellie ship zone for a second time, killing one of them with the sniper rifle and after all this they kept chasing my ship.

After great frustration and accomplishing nothing for an hour, I left the game.

This has been a typical experience for myself over the past week and I am sure I am not alone.

Views
  • Ahoy there Matey,

I too often solo sloop and share your frustrations. I have good news though, because the inclusion of rowboats has given us solo sloopers a reliable and sneaky new tactic. When I know that I will go on an extended voyage and plan on collecting a lot of loot, I always make sure to find a rowboat first. If, during the course of an extended voyage you realize you are being chased / assualted, board your ship and head to an outpost. It is important that you sail by TWO different outposts to pull off this manuver effectively.

Let’s use your situation as an expample. Let’s say I’m in the midst of a voyage on lookout point when I realize I will be under attack shortly. I pull up the anchor and head for plunder outpost with enemies hot on my tail. When you pass the first outpost (in this case, plunder outpost), make sure you sail closely by the shoreline of said outpost. Then course correct for a second outpost, for this example, let’s say you now head for ancient spire. En route to ancient spire, begin loading all of your loot onto the rowboat. Then, set your course so that you seemingly will do the same thing (sailing close to the shore) at this second outpost. The key thing is to make sure you are passing the second outpost so that your rowboat will immediately face the direction you will have to row. Ensure that the line of sight for your enemies will be cut of slightly or that you have enough space between you and them to be able to effectively pull off using this sneaky tactic. When you pass the shoreline for the second time, detach the rowboat JUST as you pass the outpost itself. Ensure your sloop is still sailing and do not drop anchor. With the rowboat detached, row like your life depends on it (it does) to bring the rowboat into a nook within the outpost itself as your sloop continues to sail away. In this example, I would row the boat in between the two spires. 9/10 times the enemy ship will continue to mindlessly follow your sloop that now a ghost ship as it continues to sail, and fail to notice that it is no longer carrying the rowboat. Now wait and confirm that the enemy ship didn’t catch on to what you did, and sell all of your loot when they pass via what you stored in the rowboat. This has been an extremely effective tactic I have used to outfox ships that love to pursue you endlessly. The reason sailing by two outposts instead of just one is to lull the enemy into thinking that that you are sailing close to the shoreline in the hopes that they will crash or something, and not because you intend to disembark the rowboat.

Even if the enemy ship gets wise to what you did, it is fairly easy to continually cut off their line of sight by rowing the rowboat in a circle around the outpost you are at. Before long, they will be confused as to what happened, and leave you be.

Anyways, that’s my way that I now deal with situations like this, and it works pretty well! Give it a try. Just did it earlier this week to save a 10k payday. It is quite a gratifying feeling.

• I never keep anything of value on my ship, frequent loot turn ins.

I agree with the rowboat, but none were to be had.

• @friedwilly

I'm with you brother.... :)
    We'll have to keep it hush

alt text

• @piratecraggy said in Solo Sloop Support Group Needed!!!:

@friedwilly

I'm with you brother.... :)
    We'll have to keep it hush

alt text

Love it!!!

• I was solo slooping last night (we even have our own verb, i solo sloop, you solo sloop, he/she solo sloops!) Another sloop with 2 players fires upon me so i give chase. One of them is on the back of the ship sniping at me, he keeps missing. They then start shouting sorry.. but im not having it. So i ram them, as i do one of them boards me so i kill him with my cutlass and his mate shoots me. I spawn back and theyre gone. I repair my boat take a look around and see them in the not to distant distance.... im still not having it, so i follow them to the outpost and they park up to drop off their loot... i ram them again, really hard as theyre off their ship i have time to repair mine.. they come back and board me, i kill one and his mate shoots me. I respawn just in time to see them sink.... i think its great when youre solo and sink a crew... we should have like a solo sloopers code where we behave like pack animals if we spot another solo in trouble!

• @piratecraggy lol nice meme

• @piratecraggy yes we need to keep it hush hush so galleons don't find out about it

• When I solo sloop (happens rarely) I will only rarely encounter trouble.

When I crew up with my galleon crew I will often help Sloopers out, often I'll just roll by and give some pointers like: "We're friendly but we also sneaked up on you so be carefull next time. Keep an eye out and have a great voyage"

Sometimes we try to help a sloop only to be visiously attacked by one and we have to retaliate.

Views
8 out of 9