Damage through (toxic) 'friendly' fire, turn it off, please.

• Once again on the road with a crew of four. Once again, after the ship has been equipped, the course has been decided, the crew has agreed and a last stop at a fort has taken place, one of the crew members began to shoot at his own ship with cannons, damage it with explosive barrels and sink it. So funny.

If we can't kill the one, why can he/she/it destroy our property? An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. But our weapons are blunt.

Suggestions:

• Crew members cannot damage their property. Not with cannons, explosive barrels or anything else. I consider this to be unfortunate myself, because it would allow me to safely attack opponents with explosive barrels. And how about crashing the ship into rocks? You get it, it won't work.

• Crew members who damage property get a blue player name and can be killed from now on. They keep this blue color until their death or until the crew votes for giving pardon. As long as their name is blewish, if beeing killed by a crew member they respawn automatically into prison. The remaining players can now vote to send the person 'over the plank' or set free. If they vote forthe plank, the person will be removed from the session, which will be locked for that person, and they will not be able to return.

Views
  • Friendly Fire ,would make the game better in all aspects.

• @goedecke-michel
    I miss understand?

Brig is no option for u?
    Brig the one person... they cant use cannon, cant use barrel.
    Why u want an option to kill the person once to go into brig? U can just brig them now? Dont see the added value there

• I think your suggestion is too complicated, @goedecke-michel. A simple kick feature to throw the bad apple out of your game should suffice, discussions about the fact that this feature will be abused aside.

@stundorn said in Damage through (toxic) 'friendly' fire, turn it off, please.:

Friendly Fire, would make the game better in all aspects.

Agreed, but do keep in mind that the game will become chaotic amongst your own crew if friendly fire was enabled. The developers actually switched friendly fire off to avoid this.

• @goedecke-michel This is what the brig is for.

• @lt-swag-johnson sagte in Damage through (toxic) 'friendly' fire, turn it off, please.:

I think your suggestion is too complicated, @goedecke-michel. A simple kick feature to throw the bad apple out of your game should suffice, discussions about the fact that this feature will be abused aside.

@stundorn said in Damage through (toxic) 'friendly' fire, turn it off, please.:

Friendly Fire, would make the game better in all aspects.

Agreed, but do keep in mind that the game will become chaotic amongst your own crew if friendly fire was enabled. The developers actually switched friendly fire off to avoid this.

Maybe chaotic sometimes and killing each other by accident, but would make it also more challenging and fun sometimes. But i also see the problems with randoms.
    With or without ff.
    Randoms allways a lottery, I don't do that anymore.

• @weakdexx sagte in Damage through (toxic) 'friendly' fire, turn it off, please.:

@goedecke-michel
    I miss understand?

Brig is no option for u?
    Why u want an option to kill the person once to go into brig? U can just brig them now? Dont see the added value there

You must have a communicating crew. If those don't use a microphone / headset, show me how to ask them to vote one of them to the brig. Most of the times, it won't work. But I could kill the one, of course.

• @bran-the-ent No, you can kill one by yourself, but you need others to vote for brig.

• @goedecke-michel
    I see, but it works both ways the person u want brigged will be able to shoot/brig u aswell than.

On pc u can type message. sadly not on xbox.

I do wish u luck on your random adventures ;)

• @goedecke-michel said in Damage through (toxic) 'friendly' fire, turn it off, please.:

@weakdexx sagte in Damage through (toxic) 'friendly' fire, turn it off, please.:

@goedecke-michel
    I miss understand?

Brig is no option for u?

You must have a communicating crew. If those don't use a microphone / headset, show me how to ask them to vote one of them to the brig. Most of the times, it won't work. But I could kill the one, of course.

Even if your crew doesn't use microphones, if you do you can still talk to them and ask them to brig the troublemaker. You can also send messages out, or write it if you're on PC.

If they're on the same page as you, and actually want to accomplish something and sail smoothly, they'll usually agree. If not, I'd just get a new crew, 'cause if they can't do something that simple for their own sake, they're not gonna do much of anything else useful.

• @tundra-793 let me start for you. Maybe your a bad player look at your behavior.
    Pvp is great! Sink sink sink!
    Their are no toxic players!
    Sot is ment to be like this it's a pirate game.
    Rare please do something already for us and PL's. Don't let these players doom this game.

• I like the idea for turning blue if you attack your own ship or run it aground to many times, and this could also be used for alliance betrayal, if you attack an allied crew then your own crew can attack you also, unless it was a planned betrayal, in which case it would just leave the betraying crew at more risk.

This actually lets us use the plank like we as pirates all want to, adds depth to alliances and repercussion for incompetency and just plain inner crew trolling.

The second idea would be much better than making friendly fire even less of a thing. I like when at choke points it actually is a 1v1, rather than people just shooting through/around their teamates and it being effective at killing you but not them, but for this game i can understand it.

• @letslipthedogs I'm terribly sorry, but I don't understand the point you're trying to make here.

• @tundra-793 said in Damage through (toxic) 'friendly' fire, turn it off, please.:

@letslipthedogs I'm terribly sorry, but I don't understand the point you're trying to make here.

I am supporting your view by listing some of the silly retorts you are about to receive.

• @letslipthedogs Ah I see now, thanks dude.

• @goedecke-michel If you can’t communicate with your crew, why would you remain with that crew? Sounds a bit masochistic.

• @stundorn yes and the plank but one could maroon them

• @letslipthedogs SCREW PVP OK PVPERS COME AT A BAD TIME MOST OF THE TIME

• @weakdexx yes you can mate

• @bran-the-ent In the end, you can use the dial to use the preset of phrases to communicate. You can't use it to demand to send someone to jail, as you know. Why don't I quit? Sailing with a crew who knows what to do does not need a microphone. If you have a crew with two very experienced players, but one hollow nut, too, you are lost. I am quite sure you know about it. Your questions lead away from the topic, I think, don't they.

• @goedecke-michel What kind of crew that knows what to do will let a random sink their ship without brigging him?

• @goedecke-michel No. My questions point to the lack of a need for what you suggest. I don't play with players who don't communicate. And, I use a mic, so I have no idea what comm options are available from the radial. If there isn't one to deal with the brig, then there should be.

• Someone doesn't use a mic and wants the game changed because they can't or won't brig a bad player.

This does not compute.

• @trickrtreat01 I use a mic.

Views
1 out of 24