Before adding more content, fix the stability issues in the servers.

• Hello SOT community. I know everyone wants to see more desired content added to the game. Content we have been asking for months now. But first and for most the server stability needs to be fixed. Every server I go into is fine. But when encountering other ships and other players the server just starts to desync.. especially when getting on the other ship and fighting the crew. Here’s the problems I’ve encountered: 1) weapons won’t switch. 2) players are lagging and teleporting on the ship. 3) When fighting the server doesn’t register button commands and just causes me to be stuck and can’t move. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve died because I shot someone and swapped to my sword and would not let me swap to my sword, or swapped to my sword to sword lung and my player just doesn’t not move at all and i die because I’m stuck and can’t move. 4) ships are lagging from encounters. I know rare is trying to save money by not putting out matinence updates every week. But adding more “content” into the game is going to make the game play worse. Rare please devote more time into server stability and make updates regularly.

Views
  • As @PersonalC0ffee said:
    If the problems are as bad as you discribed I fear I must inform you that most of us are having no problems at all.

A few things to check:

1. While playing ping both your router and a site (google.com for example) see if there's packet loss or change in the ping times (MS)
    2. Play with your Ping counter on, see if it spikes when it spikes and try to find out why. (someone wathcing netflix, downloading too much....... Many pictures of cute cats etc.).
    3. Disable VPN if you have it on. Some people use VPN especially in the US. Sometimes this will make connection to the game harder.
  • @hynieth My ping and internet is completely fine. Like i said the server is stable when I’m just sailing but when a lot goes on in terms of ship battles and fighting other pirates the game server starts desyncing. It’s not just me. My crew has this issue and after one of the ships we sunk came back and we all said good fight and were talking about how laggy the server got when three boats got near eachother. It’s not my internet. It’s the servers..

• I have been having horrible lag as well since Forsaken Shores. I will be walking on the ship then suddenly i'm in the water, going to put cannonballs away then i'm on the ship deck, climbing the ladder to the ship and you just get stuck there then a few seconds later I am on the deck, etc... Too many examples to list. I have a very good internet connection and have no issues with any other game. Also no issues when streaming tv via devices since I do not have cable tv.

• @nottobuscus said in Before adding more content, fix the stability issues in the servers.:

Hello SOT community. I know everyone wants to see more desired content added to the game. Content we have been asking for months now. But first and for most the server stability needs to be fixed. Every server I go into is fine. But when encountering other ships and other players the server just starts to desync.. especially when getting on the other ship and fighting the crew. Here’s the problems I’ve encountered: 1) weapons won’t switch. 2) players are lagging and teleporting on the ship. 3) When fighting the server doesn’t register button commands and just causes me to be stuck and can’t move. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve died because I shot someone and swapped to my sword and would not let me swap to my sword, or swapped to my sword to sword lung and my player just doesn’t not move at all and i die because I’m stuck and can’t move. 4) ships are lagging from encounters. I know rare is trying to save money by not putting out matinence updates every week. But adding more “content” into the game is going to make the game play worse. Rare please devote more time into server stability and make updates regularly.

Since FS I feel the servers have been more stable. Anytime I do experience lag I check the ping with my xbox app and it's high, so it tends to be me.

• Anyone experiencing issues with the game, especially severe enough to interfere with gameplay, should definitely raise a support ticket so that the team can have a look at what's going on. Issues are not necessarily widespread, and if players report it, we can identify the source of troubles players are seeing.

Views
1 out of 6