Lore - Is this Larinna's Banana Stall?

• Just started reading the new novel, Athena's Fortune. Larinna sets up a banana stand made from an old broken rowboat at Sanctuary Outpost, close to the docks so she can keep an eye on the crews coming and going. This looks like it might fit the bill!

Sanctuary Outpost

Views
  • Ahoy there mate! I recently got the book and started reading. Reached chapter 4 and I love it so far. Yes this should be the place she made to try and sell bananas for some coin, nice that you found it, I mean for those who have not got the chance to read the book, this looks just like a simple camp, but for the people who did read, I bet it has to be a nice feeling finding stuff like this in the actual game. It's the small details that matter.

I saw this was posted 3 months ago but I stumbled upon your post by searching the characters name on google to see if there is more info about them that relates to the game or any small easter eggs like the one you found.

Anyways, I wish you the best and hope we see each other on the seas!! Cheers!

• There's always money in the banana stand

• @biostructr no chance of a bacon breakfast in the tavern though.

• "Close to the docks"... So anywhere on any of the outposts because they're smaller than your local superstore?

• I am re-reading the book: i think it's a fantastic read for each pirate who truly cares for the game, not for those who get there to killkillkill as in other games, not appreciating the beauty of the whole world. In any case, yes, ir could be Larinna stall! Fantastic! And, by the way, i do hope there will be other books on SoT, cause there's soo much to discover and, like in a lot of things, learning more about it permits you to appreciate more about it...eh, Rare?🤞

• @silvercob Awesome! The book is indeed fantastic and I've also read the comics from 1 to 4. Short story about DeMarco and Lesedi, but it was fun and you also get to know more about them. I really recommend reading those as well, and Tales from the Sea of Thieves!

• @biostructr said in Lore - Is this Larinna's Banana Stall?:

@silvercob Awesome! The book is indeed fantastic and I've also read the comics from 1 to 4. Short story about DeMarco and Lesedi, but it was fun and you also get to know more about them. I really recommend reading those as well, and Tales from the Sea of Thieves!

Yeah I picked up the comics and the book at the same time. The book has more meat to it and is a good read in its own right but I would say its essential for anyone who feels any attachment to the world Rare have created in SoT.

I did a bit of scouting to see if I could find evidence of Ramsey's camp in Thieves Haven but I haven't found anything conclusive. There's a few little camps around the central lagoon and the caves that could be good candidates.

The comics are fun and have some good characters, I'll probably give them another read once the arena arrives as that appears to have some connection to DeMarco et al.

I'd love to see more of this sort of thing. Stuff that fills in some of the background of the world and characters. There's still a lot that needs further elaboration.

• I'd love to see more of this sort of thing. Stuff that fills in some of the background of the world and characters. There's still a lot that needs further elaboration.

That is true, I'd like that as well. Also I don't know if there is any information about the characters that are currently in the legend tavern, I haven't found any lore regarding those characters, I only know they were the developers characters made in the early stages of the game when they put together a trailer for Sea of Thieves back in 2017. There are short stories about a few characters like Kat Truewalker and Lizalaroo on YouTube but that's pretty much it. I haven't finished Athena's Fortune yet and Tales from the Sea of Thieves is focusing on the story of Captain Flameheart, if I'm correct.

• @biostructr yeah Tales is about Flameheart.

Athena's fortune goes deeper into the Pirate Lord and the discovery of how to get through the Devil's Shroud. The birth of SoT, I guess.

I'm not going to spoil anything, but you find out some interesting things about chests, the origins of the Gold Hoarders and why Karen never shows her face. Also some stuff about the mermaids that leads me to believe they're unlikely to feature as enemies without further plot development.

I'd definitely buy a second book if Mr. Allcock decides to write one.

• @boxcar-squidy I hope he will write another one, would be an instant purchase!

• @boxcar-squidy there might be when they add cooking mate

Views
1 out of 12