The Pearls of Power (A PvP inducing idea)

• Imagine in any server their are three magic pearls that can be found in shipwrecks or underwater caves. These items, once found, grant great benefits to the crew who owns them, but their glow can't be hidden from others, and indeed, some even want to be fought over!

The Pearl of Plenty
    Grants +50% value to any merchant items you turn in while the pearl rests upon your ship.
    This item makes your ship glow with bewitching blue light. If you have two of the Pearls of Power, the light is doubly intense and shimmers with both colors. If you have all three Pearls, the light is triply intense AND your ship actually appears on every ship map on the server.

The Golden Pearl
    Grants +50% value to any chest or gold hoarder's items you turn in while the pearl rests upon your ship.
    This item makes your ship glow with bewitching gold light. If you have two of the Pearls of Power, the light is doubly intense and shimmers with both colors. If you have all three Pearls, the light is triply intense AND your ship actually appears on every ship map on the server.

The Pearl of Souls
    Grants +50% value to any Order of Souls items you turn in while the pearl rests upon your ship.
    This item makes your ship glow with deadly looking green light. If you have two of the Pearls of Power, the light is doubly intense and shimmers with both colors. If you have all three Pearls, the light is triply intense AND your ship actually appears on every ship map on the server.

Cashing in the Pearls
    It should come as no surprise the pearls are highly sought by the guilds. At any time you can sell a pearl to its respective guild for up to 5000 gold.

This encourages PvP without requiring it. Thoughts?

Views
  • I like it a lot, except for the selling of the pearl part, I think it should purely just buff gains, not be a gain itself :)

• I think it's and interesting idea, needs work as i belive a simple gold vaule buff is not that much of an incentive, but the core idea is valid and would go great along side a loot hoarding objective PvP structure i've been advocating for. I would like this see this idea expanded on.

• @captain-arcanic interesting idea, but I’ll have to respectfully disagree.

• @eelporridge said in The Pearls of Power (A PvP inducing idea):

I like it a lot, except for the selling of the pearl part, I think it should purely just buff gains, not be a gain itself :)

I can see that. I almost didn't include it.

• @weststormborn said in The Pearls of Power (A PvP inducing idea):

@captain-arcanic interesting idea, but I’ll have to respectfully disagree.

What parts do you disagree with?

Views
1 out of 6