Crew open for friends

• Hi!
    I usually solo-sail with my crew open for friends (closed crew). I have two questions about that:

1. Do we get notifications when someone joins? I know I didn't get them before, but it has been a while. There have been at least 2 updates since last someone joined me.
      It would be annoying for them (I think) to join me when I am nowhere to be found and am off on a row-boat mission.
    2. Is there any way to specify which friends can join?

Cheers!

Views
  • @ottersteeth Hey there :)

1. No, I don't think so, unless I missed a patch notes.
    2. Also no. You can make yourself "offline" and then extend invites to people but there is no way to filter your friends list atm.
  • @xcalypt0x Thanks! I think I'll add point 1 as a suggestion.

• @ottersteeth That's going to be interesting. The game leverages xbox's friend/invite system so I'm not sure what kind of functionality Rare can build on top of that.

• @xcalypt0x I think a notification when someone joins might be doable. I don't know how restricted they are, but I'm imagining something like the alliance notifications. The game knows you're in a crew together, so it must also be able to find that something changed about crew setup (I think?)

Allowing some friends to join and others not will be harder, I suspect. I think that should come out of Xbox live, not SoT...

• @ottersteeth Oh sorry, I mixed up points 1 and 2 lol. Yes, a notification should definitely be doable and I'm not sure why it wasn't implemented at launch.

• @ant-heuser-kush

However, if you don't want anyone to join, ever, go into crew settings and turn off the ability to let friends join.

It always sets it back to 'yes' when I restart the game. Which sometimes is annoying, when I want to play to get some specific bits of footage.

• There an option right under the in game vote for open or closed.

It's the option to allow friends to join. So even if you are in a closed group friends are freely allowed to join your game if there's an open spot

Views
1 out of 8