How about some rare drops from Ghost Ships, Forts , etc ?

• Not sure if this has been mentioned but how about some rare drops in the game. Could be a weapon skin, clothing set, ship/sail art or figure head. The item could have a really low drop rate and be purely cosmetic . This would/could encourage Pirate Legends and others to do some of the events. The drop rate would have to be really low to make it special, not like the "rare" cursed cannonballs that are everywhere. And it can't be something that everyone in an alliance gets. Only the crew that turns it in. So if it drops, crews will have to fight for it.

Views
  • Like what may I ask ? And your idea is What on Rare Drops.

• mentioned some ideas. I am sure Rare can come up with some rare skins and clothing worth going after.

• Like some of the limited cosmetics that have expired. They could make it very rare. Nothing as easy as box of wondrous secrets. This is an excellent idea.

• Random drops were something I thought about when the game first came out. It would be cool to be rewarded with unique and hidden cosmetics for achieving different challenges through gameplay.

• @trickrtreat01

Not only Forts, Skelly Ships im hoping for Piratelegend dedicated Voyages with a Chest that drops very very rare parts of an amazing Clothing Set! So you’re have an reason to play this Voyage over and over to complete this special Set! Like in WoW where you’re beating dungeons to get your Epic Items with very low drop rates :)

• They could make loot tables for certain skelly captains for example. So that certain named pirates have a small chance to drop a chest that you still have to turn in to a special npc to get a rare skin you don't already possess.

This would be amazing. And a better way to reintroduce time locked event cosmetics that allows players to access them but still keeps the exclusivity for the folks that earned them at the time.

• So what you are suggesting is sort of a purple, yellow or orange loot item drop that one see in RPGs? incredible rare items that may drop if you are lucky?

I like the idea of that. I can imagine it being like a strange box that might glow in different colors, but instead of possibly giving crews a cosmetic from a bilge rat event or the like, it could also contain unique cosmetics from a set that would be hard to find. Like a "Warsmith" set (based on Wanda's cursed form) or a "Flameheart" set or even a "Gold Hoarder" set. Items, clothing, weapons and ship parts that you can't get from the bilge rats or the vendors.

Thus they are truly a rare find and they could even be used as a different type of Commendation. "Collect all of the pieces and complete this cosmetic sets for a reward".

• Great ideas in this thread, hopefully some rare cosmetic drops are in the works.

The suggestion that it would not be shared with alliances is a must.

• @trickrtreat01 Hi there, we, as community, suggested this long ago for long time. Was more some drop from the Meg and the Kraken, but same concept at the end. When i saw the Kraken set announced i got excited, was sure you could drop from killing the beast but no 😔

I hope we will get something in the future but i'm starting to lose hope

• @a-cranky-eskimo said in How about some rare drops from Ghost Ships, Forts , etc ?:

Great ideas in this thread, hopefully some rare cosmetic drops are in the works.

The suggestion that it would not be shared with alliances is a must.

Exactly, If everyone in the alliance got the item it would defeat the purpose. Just people in the immediate party. It would encourage pve and pvp. People would go after the items and then if in an alliance they would have to fight for it and turn it in at an outpost to get the item.

And yes, it would be like rare drops off bosses in WoW. If the skins and clothing were cool enough you would see lots of people farming some of the "dead" content, the Ghost Ships would likely be the best place for rare items to drop although other places would work. As long as the drop rate is incredibly low.

I would imagine the items would have to be turned in at the respective vendor. A weapon skin box turned in at the weapon vendor, a ship skin at the shipwright , the clothing skin at the clothing vendor, etc. then it would be added to your collection as if you bought it.

Views
1 out of 11