Patch Notes Discussion - 1.3.1

• Yay excited to attempt the Skelly ships again now that it's worth the time to stock up and do them!

• @blondagles

Just a little note, under FIXED ISSUES, this is mentioned twice

top one
    "Available titles now show up in the clothing shop on Morrow's Peak Outpost."

second one
    "Available titles now correctly appear in the clothing shop on Morrow's Peak Outpost."

• @piratecraggy Well spotted!

• Good spot, @piratecraggy - thanks for letting me know.

• @noisa1992
    It may be 350 per item, but multiple items. And the fact you can run them along side other quests...it makes them worth while. i've seen reports of 8 items on 1 CR is 2800 gold, which isn't terrible.
    Drop a Cargo run, go get the merch, drop GH/OOS/Athena and start running that. Drop of the cargo while runnign the other missions. Have a rowboat and another player? Put it all there and row to the drop off while you're sailing into the wind across the map for that riddle. Cause admit it..we're all ALWAYS sailing into the wind.

• @iisrgntwolfii Yea as i said no content at all AGAIN what should a Legend with everything done do this is Boring.
    I only stock up Gold and doing this is more tiresome then normal Merch stuff
    No wonder all we do is Pvp there is nothing to do for us When do they fix this and do something against it

• Still no Chic hair fix or the giant dent in the female body?
    Tsk tsk tsk, you disappoint me.
    And the weapons you removed because colorblind people couldn't tell the different, aren't returned yet either... VERY disappoiting.

• So I went home for lunch and messed with cargo runs. It appears the quest completes once u pick up the cargo. Not when u turn it in. So for Athena's u just go pick up cargo and essentially leave/not deliver it to quick complete the Athena quest. I'll try this tonight but if this is the case... Meh..

Come on... Rare, you could have done better.

• Im getting teleported around the map and Hazelnut beard error alot

• atleast your getting in the game, my client keeps crashing / stuck on enlisting pirate and eventually giving "The Sea of Thieves services are temporarily unavailable". If i get in the game the client crashes as soon as i open a barrel >.< (tried the last 2 hours to get in)

Resetting of the app didn't work so in the progress of re-downloading the whole game (36,72 GB)

Update: even a clean install does nothing :(

• Why did you make the rowboat even more weak? Its already basically unusable at the moment and not its worse. Could you please, for the love of the kraken, buff the rowboats health

• @blondagles said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.3.1:

• Players no longer get permanently drunk when migrating servers whilst holding the Chest of a Thousand Grogs.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUPGcJPQ4ziEtfVBok/giphy.gif

• @pdt-mindstream I love that passage, it always reminds me of the film Equilibrium

• @triheadedmonkey
    Yes! I can only hear it in Sean Bean's magnificent voice.

• @blondagles In regaurds to the ocean turning completely black does this mean that you are unable to run away from karen and that this only applies to the ship that frist encounters the Kraken? If so this would be terrible. Unless you can gives players more warning and some reward for the encounter.

• @enf0rcer Actually, I’d much prefer that when the kraken attacks you’re stuck there until you either kill it or sink. Now that is proper motivation! Being able to run away and watch the beast flail it’s tentacles uselessly in the distance really trivializes the experience. The kraken is supposed to be the most fearsome creature in the seas. You shouldn’t be able to simply sail away. It should always be an epic battle of life or death. As long as the above is true, no reward is necessary. Survival is the reward.

• So the kraken is back in the game?

• @igamer125 It has been for a while now, one or two updates before FS

• Cargo Runs are a pretty good addition to the World.
    Can't wait to see more voyages types in the future!

• Glad to see cargo runs added and tons of issues fixed. It would be great if they fixed hit detection though, or at least added it to known issues.

• I guess skeletons still have magic balance in Earthquakes still huh?

• @sprungnickel427 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.3.1:

350 gold per item

About three fiddy...

• @frick-cutter said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.3.1:

@sprungnickel427 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.3.1:

350 gold per item

About three fiddy...

dat be tree fiddy

• @xcalypt0x said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.3.1:

@treefittymonsta Yeah those incidents are unfortunate. It's always more encouraging when it feels like the support staff are listening.

@SprungNickel427 Hmm, I feel like those numbers could be upped but I'll have to play a good bit in order to form an actual opinion.

Roar throws out 700 a piece and unless you don't put enough wate rin your boat, and get hit by a boulder or miss your jump on board, you pretty much get your full amount.

• @treefittymonsta said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.3.1:

So I went home for lunch and messed with cargo runs. It appears the quest completes once u pick up the cargo. Not when u turn it in. So for Athena's u just go pick up cargo and essentially leave/not deliver it to quick complete the Athena quest. I'll try this tonight but if this is the case... Meh..

So, from what I saw, the quest disappears from the table once you have picked up all the cargo (which probably explains how you can do it alongside others) but you don't get any reward till you hand it in.
    There doesn't seem to be any notion of 'Voyage Complete', however the commendations only incremented once the cargo was handed over.

• @dooby said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.3.1:

@treefittymonsta said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.3.1:

So I went home for lunch and messed with cargo runs. It appears the quest completes once u pick up the cargo. Not when u turn it in. So for Athena's u just go pick up cargo and essentially leave/not deliver it to quick complete the Athena quest. I'll try this tonight but if this is the case... Meh..

So, from what I saw, the quest disappears from the table once you have picked up all the cargo (which probably explains how you can do it alongside others) but you don't get any reward till you hand it in.
    There doesn't seem to be any notion of 'Voyage Complete', however the commendations only incremented once the cargo was handed over.

Poor design IMO.. plus they had two additional weeks to refine this. How has this been worked on since sot release in March?

• @noisa1992 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.3.1:

I dont know about this but i thin the Cargo run is a total letdown.They told us it would be nice to Make fast Money like it would give really much, and that we can do it along side our normal Quest.
    And now what, 350 each piece without damage and a Timeline? This is not MUCH Gold we still better off with normal Merch runs with Gold Chickens. And with the Timeline we under Time pressure so sailing and do it alongsinde our Missions is not possible as they said.
    Anyone else thinking this way? Im disappointed

Yeah but they're a great team, its only the early stages of them releasing cargo runs, so depending on the feedback the rewards will be tweaked in the future, this is probably just a placeholder for now. The reason its so low is because of how easy it is to pick the items up and deliver them. Technically golden chickens are rarer than cargo so they'd be worth more but i feel like the gold earned should be changed based on the difficulty of the item being delivered, for example lets say rum bottles start at somewhere around 1.5k g and - 350g for each stage of significant damage (450g when smashed assuming there would be 3 stages of damage = - 1050g from 1.5k) , cloth could be 1k and - 450g when wet, plants could be 850 and - 400g when dried up. I think These numbers would be a bit more worthwhile, especially if they were a bit higher in the devils roar with these numbers too, but with greater price drop if damaged.

• @genuine-heather said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.3.1:

@enf0rcer Actually, I’d much prefer that when the kraken attacks you’re stuck there until you either kill it or sink. Now that is proper motivation! Being able to run away and watch the beast flail it’s tentacles uselessly in the distance really trivializes the experience. The kraken is supposed to be the most fearsome creature in the seas. You shouldn’t be able to simply sail away. It should always be an epic battle of life or death. As long as the above is true, no reward is necessary. Survival is the reward.

I feel this will just make the kracken more of a nucences then a challange. All this is a waste of time and resources. This is not fun as it is not like you can avoid the kraken. The problem still remains that the Kracken is not a challange you want to fight. All this would lead to is one of 4 senarios.

1. Your on a ship with little to no supplies and no loot or rowboat. Best option Scuttle.
    2. Your on the ship with loot but little to no supplies and no rowboat. Best option try to fight untill you run out of supplies if you still didn't defeat the kranken by then scuttle and try to swim loot to safty.
    3. Your ship has supplies and a rowboat but no loot. Best option fill up your rowboat with resourses and row away while you scuttle the ship.
    4. Your ship has loot,supplies and rowboat. You could fight the Kraken if you want but the best and safe option is load up your rowboat and rowaway.

If you get attack by a Meg or in a storm or get attack by another ship your done as there would be nothing you could do no amount of skill is gonna save you.

My problem is for a skill based game they give you senarios with no real options to fight but instead avoid now there going to become unavoidable? What kind of logic is that? What fun about that? It's more like the game is bullying you then challanging you. What skill is there to be learned here? I wouldn't mind Fighting the Kraken if there was a reason to or if it was a fun fight but it isn't now instead of it being a choice now i'm gonna be forced to do it. Thats just isn't right.

@dooby said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.3.1:

Poor design IMO.. plus they had two additional weeks to refine this. How has this been worked on since sot release in March?

Perhaps, but then I also think it's weird that the OoS and GH voyages complete without you having to actually go and hand in the skulls or chests in.

• @dooby said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.3.1:

Perhaps, but then I also think it's weird that the OoS and GH voyages complete without you having to actually go and hand in the skulls or chests in.

I agree I think oos and gh voyages shouldn't complete until u turn in skulls and chests.

I agree I think oos and gh voyages shouldn't complete until u turn in skulls and chests.

Especially as you don't even have to dig up the chests, just do that first shovel (of course this only really matters if you are trying to tick over voyages for something other than the reward , i.e. commendations)

• @dooby I wish u had to turn skulls and chests into specific people... Just like cargo. Ie complete oos with three skulls. On the skulls it says return to Capt Rusty on lone cove or some other captain yadda.

U could still turn them into the npc at the any outpost for gold but u had an option to go to captain Rusty for a bonus reward.

Then it would make people think.. do I turn in skull at outpost for less money or do I travel to the specific island the skull directs me too for extra reward.

I think this would help bring life to the world IMHO. When u see a boat going to an island.. u would think are they going to turn stuff in or quest.

• @nessiroj
    I have the same since the update(on pc), one of following happens every time.

• Black loading screen after Rare logo etc
    • Stuck at Enlisting Pirates
    • Stuck at crew choice (can't press set sail in any crew or boat)
    • Chrash after 1-2 minutes of gameplay the 1 out of 20 tries i actually get into the game.

Having a active support ticket on this, i've seen on twitter that there are more ppl having this issue since the update.

• Anyone else have issue with not being able to click on ores in a rowboat? This happen to me twice, first time was random second time was during a server switch, the island spawned a rowboat. I loaded up my cargo and I could climb in it and open the chest but I couldn't sit anywhere or turn off the light.

I had to get a friend to log in and use it for me.

Views
51 out of 70