Monkey Island easter egg, am I the only one who noticed it?

• In the Pirate legend Hideout, when I had a little chit chat with Liz the Shipwright, I found a reference to a Monkey Island character!!! (I'm so old...)

Dialogue:

''What's it like dealing in the upper end of the ship market?''

''It's challenging, I can tell you! Some of these legends are very particular customers. My mentor Stan passed on his motto to me, 'you want it, I got it. I don't got it, I'll get it. Easy for him to say, he's retired now.''

They literally quoted one of his lines!

Who remembers Stan here?

text alternatif

Views
  • ...And I'd stand on my head to make you a deal! What sort of craft are you looking for? Big? Little? Fast? Slow?
    You want it, I got it. And if I don't got it, i'll get it.
    I want to make a deal that YOU'RE happy with. Because if YOU'RE not happy. I'M not happy. But I KNOW you're going to leave here happy today.
    How do I know?

• @drendrann I remember Stan very well and posted about this a few months ago - I hadn’t seen it mentioned by anybody else at that point. I absolutely loved Monkey Island so that line jumped straight out at me.

• a couple of the achievements sound a little familiar too.... ;)

• @mancfoo a dit dans Monkey Island easter egg, am I the only one who noticed it? :

@drendrann I remember Stan very well and posted about this a few months ago - I hadn’t seen it mentioned by anybody else at that point. I absolutely loved Monkey Island so that line jumped straight out at me.

I haven't seen your post, I was pretty surprised too how little mention there is on this easter egg...

For me that was the name Stan that rang a bell, especially coming from a ''ship seller''
    Monkey Island is one of my first gaming experience, I love the fact that Sea of Thieves captured some bits of the humourous tone of this game.

• @Drendrann Monkey Island 1 and 2 are the greatest Pirate games of all time. I loved this reference as well as the achievements. We are both old

• @captn-crushem said in Monkey Island easter egg, am I the only one who noticed it?:

We are both old

So is this thread.

• Who be necroin' dis ole thread...Ne'er mention that scallywags, me arc nemisys Greybush Threapwood had me undone at th' scallywag's Previously Owned Vessles wit' Grog Machine's Root Beer. 'n ye folks on Booty Island know th' real tale

• monkey island is epic :) oso theres 2 achvments thats refrnce to monkeyisland

but me mean u cant have a pirate game and not refrances the gratest pirate themed game of all times

• @ghostpaw At least you got your Troll opportunity of the day

• @captn-crushem How did I troll? I was trying to gently point out that this was a 2 month old thread that you nercoed. It is against the forum rules to do that. I was making light of it.

• As this thread was 3 months old, and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules

Bumping Threads

Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
11 out of 12