The Next Bilge Rat Adventure : Festival of the Damned

• Ahoy maties!

I bring news of the Next Bilge Rat Adventure: Festival of the Damned courtesy of Reddit.

Next Bilgerat Adventure Announced at NYCC 2018- “Festival of the Damned”

Theme: Celebration of the ferryman who brings people back to life.

• On the Ferry of the Damned there will be a Well of Spirits.
    • The Well of Spirits is a flame that changes colour depending on how people have died recently “ie, If you died by a volcanic rock or exploding skeleton, the flame changes colour
    • Players can interact with the Well of Spirits using their lanterns, and “gather” the flame. This can be used to decorate your ship as well as interact in the world in different ways that haven’t been detailed yet
    • Makeup is being added in this update. Three options were shown, unknown how many others or how customizable they will be (two were skull-like, think Dia de Los Muertos face paintings. The third option was black marks across the face, almost like giant scars.

Via: https://www.reddit.com/r/Seaofthieves/comments/9lew1t/next_bilgerat_adventure_announced_at_nycc_2018/

Views
  • Oh my god, hype !!

• was hoping for something for the ferry of the damned but i gotta say I didn't see this coming at all.

The face paintings will be cool as I was hoping we'd get something akin to what the crew from DR had over their eyes.

• Dang it!
    My predictions didn't pay off!
    Who knows when the roaming Skeleton Ships will be added.

• Sounds interesting. I always get concerned with stuff like "depending on how players died", as I fear it'll direct people to play a specific way. Hopefully it invites some PvP shenanigans but not in an overbearing way. Decorating ships with the flame, though... that is intriguing....

• @drunkpunk138 I'm feeling pretty optimistic about this one though, since people are probably gonna try to find all kinds of ways to die to see if they get something different assuming they don't lay out all the in's and out's of it when it's released.

And I'm hoping the fire doesn't just sit in your lanterns.

• @muzackmann said in The Next Bilge Rat Adventure : Festival of the Damned:

@drunkpunk138 I'm feeling pretty optimistic about this one though, since people are probably gonna try to find all kinds of ways to die to see if they get something different assuming they don't lay out all the in's and out's of it when it's released.

And I'm hoping the fire doesn't just sit in your lanterns.

That is a very good point. It'll definitely drive people to become a little... creative. I know I'll be launching myself into active volcanoes to see what happens (I mean, I'm doing that anyway, but now with PURPOSE!)

• @drunkpunk138 Have you actually managed it yet? lol. I've been trying when I've been in the DR and after several failed video's I could not manage to get much more than about 10-15 feet from the top.

Again part of the reason I love this game is the crazy things people try when left to their own devices. I'm still waiting for someone attempting the rowboat athena run.

• Wow, Sounds pretty nice!

• @muzackmann said in The Next Bilge Rat Adventure : Festival of the Damned:

@drunkpunk138 Have you actually managed it yet? lol. I've been trying when I've been in the DR and after several failed video's I could not manage to get much more than about 10-15 feet from the top.

Again part of the reason I love this game is the crazy things people try when left to their own devices. I'm still waiting for someone attempting the rowboat athena run.

I managed to shoot myself into the one at Morrow's Peak, but after about 25 minutes of it not erupting, I logged out for the night.

This is us waiting for the eruption

I haven't had much time to play since then, but next time I plan on going for a more active one. My main goal is to land in there while it's not erupting so I can get the full experience.

• @guepard4 Agreed! I love this kind of festival of the dead kind of vibe!

Very fitting for Halloween!

• This sounds awesome! Thank you for sharing!

• Sounds a great inventive event. Maybe it could have been at the same time as FS if more pirates have been frequenting the ferry recently to ease that lava pain. Well it will certainly keep pirates in this area.

• @Musicmee when is this coming out?

• @closinghare208 Ahoy matey!

It will begin after the current Forsaken Shores event is over! It looks very exciting, doesn't it?

• @musicmee I haven't seen the teaser for it mate

• @closinghare208 The teaser will probably happen in the last week or so of FS, not seeing a teaser for it right away doesn’t mean it’s not coming out.

• @musicmee Ha! I asked Joe Neate about Holiday Events last week and he said....”Maybe.” Sly devil :-)

• @musicmee So Rare is encouraging suicide... "In new and interesting ways". lol

• Oh such great news. Sounds real interesting, amd also fun.
    I can picture a Christmas like lit boat sailing in the dark towards us :D
    Great idea

• @betsill The ferry is my second home anyway :P So I like the idea of a few changes to look at :P

• @musicmee XD I'm a solo Pvper so i'm no stranger either. I just hope they learned from the previous bilgerat "adventures" which were very underwhelming. Make up sounds really cool depending how they handle it.

• @betsill I think the idea of getting different coloured lanterns and doing different things in the world with them sounds like an intriguing idea...

And nice to see they may have themed it around Halloween (loosely)

• Something like this I'm willing to bet will be permanent. Being able to decorate our ships (and ourselves) by changing the color of the lanterns will make for some interesting shenanigans. I could see someone dress their ship in the Ghost cosmetics and steal some green and blue flames from the Ferry to make their ship look like a Skeleton ship from afar.

• @blam320 Most features do work their way into the game like that... A Bilge Rat Adventure to introduce them and then after they are just there.

I can't wait to see how it works!

• @musicmee cool

• @musicmee The flame will also be a nice addition to the ferry, cause it could symbolize the eternal flame. Really hope they keep it after the event ;)

• all additions of content remain in the game :)

• @musicmee said in The Next Bilge Rat Adventure : Festival of the Damned:

@betsill The ferry is my second home anyway :P So I like the idea of a few changes to look at :P

Aw yeah, I love hanging out on the Ferry. Playing music, dancing, drinking, handing out bananas and cannonballs, etc.

I try offering the Ferryman bananas too, but he never takes 'em, the old grump. Now if only they'd add somewhere to refill your grog...

• @drunkpunk138 Maybe you’ve accidentally discovered a way to prevent volcanoes from erupting. 😮

• Hoping blue and red... will make hot pursuit a little more entertaining.

• Why is it announced on Reddit before here?

• @trickrtreat01 because someone posted it on Reddit after going to the Convention I would imagine.

• @triheadedmonkey Correct, I just lifed it from Reddit to make it public here.

All just part of the service I offer.

• @musicmee I guarantee riddles are going to need specific flames then eventually, so each crewmate needs to try and collect a different flame, Pokémon style!

:)

Views
1 out of 84