Stitcher Jim's box

• There are spoilers for the Forsaken shores event so in case you don't want to see any then I suggest you stop reading.

After you finish the event and find all the skeletons, Captain Morrow speaks about a mysterious box that Stitcher Jim also speaks about. She mentions that if you find it, she'll give you a reward. Does anyone know what this is and how or where to find it?

Views
  • It probably won't exist until week 3 or 4.

• @weetabix-lord Ahoy matey!

The box is a random spawn and you will find it on most of the larger islands, you just have to be lucky enough for it to spawn for you.

• @musicmee cheers dude!

• Actually realized after I posted that it could be that box, so I guess it does exist but it is random and not tied to the event quest.

• I wonder if there are any secret uses for the box, that they intend to be hard to find out about becauase according to twitter it sells for 25k... likely it just sells for 25 k but if it had a secret purpose when brought to a specific npc or something that would be really cool, like it rewards a cosmetic we werent told about or something...

I remember at one point i thought maybe there were hidden walls that could be powder kegged to unlock secret caves or a little npc hideout to purchase resources from or something, and when the first person finds it, it would open on every server with a vague hinting message about location similar to the server merge message.

These are the types of things they should be sneaking into smaller patches to add to the lore and give us a real sense of exploration and discovery.

• Does this box only spawn in the new area? Or can this box spawn anywhere on the whole map?

• @averageheroz Only in the new area matey.... :D Keep yer eyes peeled.

• @musicmee Oooh, really? So it IS in the game?!
    *scribbles notes furiously
    Do we have any pictures? Multiple sighting? What's it's size and shape? The rewards? Fill me in, my friends!

• @blackeyethe2nd Aye matey! 100% in the game!

Here she is in game :)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DoHPqrmU4AUu2GI.jpg

• I have a question, are we going to be able to fight Sticker Jim? Cause I heard that there was going to be fight between you and Jim...

• Can you sell/give the box back to stitcher Jim I wonder?

• @kumokiri That is a very good question... you CAN sell it back to Captain Morrow for 25K gold... but not sure if you can sell it to Jim.

• @musicmee Thanks for the info! I shall find and experiment with this Box in order to see what other secrets it holds or unlocks.

• @blackeyethe2nd I'd also like to point out that there are multiple Boxes of Wonderous Secrets. Jim states that he already has his, which I firmly believe is the reason he was rowing to Thieves Haven in the FS teaser trailer. That's where he his his Box. In the haven of thieves!

• @musicmee how do you know its larger islands?

• @vision-mintz Just based on what I have been hearing from people that have found it... Everyone I have heard so far has been on the big islands.

• @musicmee ok thanks

• @vision-mintz Huzzah! My friend has found a Box on Roaring Sands!... Well, I wish could say that this 100% confirms the small islands, but he found it moved and next to an Ashen Seafarer's. Someone may have sunk nearby, or maybe they did find it there. I'll get back to you if I find out anything else.

• @musicmee what does it look like

• @roughleech03117 It looks like this...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DoHPqrmU4AUu2GI.jpg

A glossy black box with red glowing markings on it.

• @musicmee worth 25k?

• @roughleech03117 Yup! It's worth a lot... have you found one?

• @musicmee no but i am now!

• @roughleech03117 Good luck matey!

Here's a pic of it with a pirate.. for scale!

https://imgur.com/7UVtxni

• Wow this is cool, I want one! I'll be looking furiously for these.

• One thing I also want to know is has anyone actually tried to sell it to Jim yet? Right now that's my plan but if someone has already done it then there's not much point in me doing it aswell.

• With what faction does it give rep?

• We got it! watch our mixer on it and picture on my gamer tag both are the same tag preludelifeh22. We got 25k and found it next to one of the quest, next to a beach

• It’s Wonderus indeed! I never leave an island these days without doing a 360 scan of the shore. Ya just never know ;-)

• @specialadvisor These days I leave the islands as quickly as I got there, fire, fire everywhere :o)

• Can't wait to find one. Imagine doing a Devils Roar Athena and finding this! Might be able to get to a 100k in one voyage.

• @r3b3lspy said in Stitcher Jim's box:

@specialadvisor These days I leave the islands as quickly as I got there, fire, fire everywhere :o)

Indeed! My circuit is usually at the end of what we are doing on whichever island we are on...given the fire, fire, fire aspect of The Roar it’s about a 50/50 chance of ending up on the Ferry or having to catch the Mermaid as my crew has continued on :-)

I think they view my little venture as more Ahab hunting the great white whale than a realistic quest...but I’m guessing if I find one they’ll double back! :-D

• Anyone tried bringing one of these to Stitcher Jim instead of Captain Morrow?

I wonder if he reacts. I'd like to think his "Master" at least would be pleased.

• Found mine on Scorched Pass today, so a small island.
    My guess is they can spawn everywhere in the Devils Roar.
    Brought it to Grace, just wanted 25k Gold and not to risk anything with Jim :P
    Oh and yes it was worth 25k.

Views
35 out of 64