What jobs do people have?

• So I wanna know what your work is or if you go to college, what your course is? I'm doing Level 2 public services.

I'm currently sitting in college reception at the moment, waiting for my next lesson.

Views
  • @britishtwin-one said in What jobs do people have?:

So I wanna know what your work is or if you go to college, what your course is? I'm doing Level 2 public services.

I'm currently sitting in college reception at the moment, waiting for my next lesson.

What does your course do? I'm currently graduating for my Bachelor. Course is called 'Communication & Multimedia Design' and is essentially User Experience Design in the broadest sense. So anything from games to applications, websites to interfaces you use to order your groceries or order your McDonalds easy-order.

It's taking me a while, though. I got a job as a junior designer at a big firm here. I would have dropped out hadn't I been this close to getting that piece of paper haha.

• @murkrage My course teaches us the roles of public services E.G Police. Teaching us about law, teamwork, being a leader. It sounds you're heading up. You've already got a job as a designer. Well done mate. What are you doing in this job?

• I do have a job title, but I prefer ...
    alt text
    20+ years served.

• Ahoy there!

I'm a signwriter/signpainter and graphic artist/designer.
    My main tools are brush, paint, pencil, rubber and a bit of computer when necessary.

I work on my own and I paint for restaurants, bars, shops on windows, walls, chalkboards, facias, paper signs, posters, etc.
    Also logos, letterings, covers, etc.

• @britishtwin-one
    I'm a software developer doing mostly C# backend development, currently working in a distributed scrum team with people from the Netherlands and Romania. Apart from being a developer in the team, I also support the team as scrum master. Last year I finished a long course for agile coach which currently means that for about 8 hours a week I also support other teams with problems related to scrum/kanban and I organize workshops about agile related subjects.

• Yo!

I'm a CX (Customer Experience) Agent for a third party company. I work on s****y pay2win mobile games and I'm a GM for a s****y, almost-dead mmorpg.

I love my job.

• @siriondb said in What jobs do people have?:

Yo!

I'm a CX (Customer Experience) Agent for a third party company. I work on s****y pay2win mobile games and I'm a GM for a s****y, almost-dead mmorpg.

I love my job.

I finally know who to blame!

• @siriondb don't forget the head honcho of the infamous Pirate Union also known as Fortune. It costs you more time and earns you less money than your normal job, but the amount of respect flowing in there.... AMAZING :)

• I am a computer man

• @luciansanchez82 said in What jobs do people have?:

I am a computer man

You mean a robot?

• @crimsonraziel said in What jobs do people have?:

@siriondb said in What jobs do people have?:

Yo!

I love my job.

I finally know who to blame!

Don't hesitate to send your feedback! I will send you a heavily not-edited macro that doesn't respond to your concerns but that will keep my TpH (Tickets per Hour) ratio at a good spot.

• @britishtwin-one

Ahoy there, nice idea for a thread!

I'm a teacher. I work for a Community Hospital School which caters for students who can't attend mainstream school for medical reasons, including ASD.

I teach across KS1 to KS3, all subjects but try my best to avoid maths ;)
    My favourites are History, Geography and English.

I've been doing this job for a while now, started off as a primary school teacher, have taught overseas for a good while too.

• Almost 15 years off support enginering under the belt for 26 different clients / company's (aka i work at a callcenter who services alot off different clients/company's)

• I am not doing much, I am a college drop-out. I am currently working as a pharmacy technician. Though, I am more interested in working in Food Industry.

• Rock star. When I’m not on stage wailing on sax, keys, guitar or drums, I’m in my studio composing music, practicing any one of dozens of instruments, or (more likely) wasting time in Sea of Thieves.

• I'm an ICU nurse, but I have 100% intentions to further my education in the next 5ish years.

• I'm an administrator for a university in the U.S.. I've been here nearly 23 years. I started as a painter and worked my way through school at nights while raising my son. He was the reason I came here. I needed the benefits and they are excellent. I'm set to retire in another 12 years and I really can't wait for that to happen.

• I am a Transportation manager at a logistics company, boring but benefits are good and it pays the bills been in logistics a little over 5 years.

• @genuine-heather said in What jobs do people have?:

Rock star. When I’m not on stage wailing on sax, keys, guitar or drums, I’m in my studio composing music, practicing any one of dozens of instruments, or (more likely) wasting time in Sea of Thieves.

Greatest description ever

• I am a Salesman in a Window and Door manufacturing factory.
    We make uPVC and Aluminium windows, bifolds, patios and french, front and composite doors.

I'm surrounded by windows all day, its such a pane.

Hahaha!

• code monkey

• I am a QA (Quality Assurance) analyst. I test and try to break code for a large hotel company.

• I am a Civil CAD Designer for an engineering consulting company. I design and produce construction documents for projects in the surface mining and oil/gas industries.

• @genuine-heather That sounds so awesome. So, anything you have uploaded on the internet where we can listen to your creations. :)

• I am a writer, meaning i am unemployed and starving to death haha; just finished my first book a few weeks ago. My Bachelor and Master degrees say that I should work in something else, but writing has been my passion for many years.

• Wow, i see a lot of smart people with beautiful and intriguing jobs...Okay , somebody has to break that streak...i went to school till my 18th, i have no knowledge about English or USA schoolsystems so i can't say anything sensible that would make sense in yer ears to compare it with...Now then i started working in a chemical factory that makes plastics and 24 years later...i'm still in that factory...and still with the same rank as i started since i hate to become higher ranked...i simply can't order people but don't have a problem with following orders ...And when all work is done , you can find me with a Broom in the hand cleaning my workspot...i may look dull but when i'm sweeping my mind is roaming over a Sea , we all like to be , Oh i do like my little day/night dreaming time at work while sweeping the floor , sometimes i didn't realized i started over again and sweep the same floor twice...( * Wow, George,you have the most " exciting " job of them all...Sigh, people put dogs out of their misery for much less...hehehehe.moron)

• I do this 24/7 365......

• @eredhar
    Follow your dream, Mr Eredhar....The best writers were eating black snow when they were young but they all wrote that Masterpiece just because of that life ...Mr Tolkien made the foundations of Middle Earth while he was surrounded by blood and guts back in the Trenches of the Great War...And look how his life has unfolds in his later years ...i hope i may still be alive when the daughter of Mr Jackson will make a movie based on yer book and future books....Don't give up that dream because you have one of the most beautiful Talents this world possesses...Creating Worlds and maginificient adventures and stories by the use of Words...it may not bring much cash ,now but boy my respect for you is hardly measurable...

• @hailsux said in What jobs do people have?:

I am a QA (Quality Assurance) analyst. I test and try to break code for a large hotel company.

Same. But you already know that @Hailsux... lol

• @katttruewalker How'd you end up teaching overseas and where have you taught? I'm actually really curious. I know you teach in the U.K since you said you teach key stage.

• @britishtwin-one

It was pretty easy really.
    I was teaching in Manchester and went overseas on holiday to Singapore and Thailand, thought 'well this wouldn't be a bad place to work', looked up jobs in the TES and applied to one in Singapore. I was very lucky, it was short notice but the teacher they'd employed for the Year 5 class had dropped out and they needed a Year 5 teacher which I just happened to be :D It was an international school called Tanglin Trust.

Later on I taught at another small international school on the east coast of Malaysia for a while.

If anyone has the chance to work overseas, I'd say grab it with both hands.

• @clumsy-george I would imagine it pays well. Working in factory is not easy. My dad worked in a cake factory. Wanna know how he got fired? Eating cake.

• @britishtwin-one
    That's a joke, right about that your dad got fired.

Views
14 out of 95