Some questions about forts

• I decided to take on my first fort yesterday (for commendations), and now I'm left with some questions...

1. does an active fort reset if there are no more pirates on it? And if so, how fast or how far away do you have to be?
    2. What counts as finishing a fort? I've spent more than an hour, fighting through 4 waves, having the island reset (I think) before another crew showed up, killed me twice and finished the fort. I did shoot two skellies while hiding from the others, but I don't think that counted as me finishing the fort.
    1. Do skeletons at the cannons and cannon towers respawn? Or can I kill all of them and then sail closer?
    Views
  • @ottersteeth sagte in Some questions about forts:

I decided to take on my first fort yesterday (for commendations), and now I'm left with some questions...

1. does an active fort reset if there are no more pirates on it? And if so, how fast or how far away do you have to be?

Yes it can reset if noone is near or on the fort for a few minutes... maybe about 10 min. I guess?!

1. What counts as finishing a fort? I've spent more than an hour, fighting through 4 waves, having the island reset (I think) before another crew showed up, killed me twice and finished the fort. I did shoot two skellies while hiding from the others, but I don't think that counted as me finishing the fort.

U need kill all skelly waves until thier Captain spawns within the last wave, kill him,...

1. Do skeletons at the cannons and cannon towers respawn? Or can I kill all of them and then sail closer?

Yes they do respawn everytime a ship is getting close to the skellyfort.

Park ur ship right next to the fort on a blind spot for the skelly cannons, no need to kill those skellys at the Towers, this way...

• @ottersteeth

Although @Zannarii is close, his reply isn't entirely correct.

The fort will re-spawn the skeletons at the cannon towers as soon as all of the crew have died.
    If you are solo it will re-spawn the tower skeletons straight away otherwise it will re-spawn them when all crew members are on the ferry or otherwise off the island itself. This includes a lookout staying on the ship parked at the fort. Someone needs to be on land.

Keeping the skeletons in the cannon towers alive works in your favour as they will fire upon any approaching vessel and give you fair warning of other arrivals.
    So, as Zannarii suggests, park in a safe place rather than taking them out. Otherwise they will fire upon your vessel before you get a chance to spawn again.

As Zannarii also said, you need to keep fighting the waves of skeletons until the captain is defeated.
    He will drop the stronghold key and that action would also de-spawn the rest of the skeletons and the tell-tale cloud above the fort will dissolve with a final glimmer of green before disappearing.

edit: As for the fort resetting. No, it won't do that for three hours and now that too has been effected by the skeleton ship raids. Either one or the other will appear active at any given time, not both.

• Thank you!
    With the help of your tips I managed to finish a fort today!

• @ottersteeth
    Wow, that's awesome.
    Did we discuss my advisory fees? lol :o)

1. to be honest Idk because I normally don’t look into stuff like that
    2. after a while a captain spawns and once you kill him he drops a key that opens a door to loot.
    3. Yes they do once you sail or swim to far away they will start opening fire on you and/or your ship
  • Are there a set number of waves usually or random?

• @admiral-rrrsole said in Some questions about forts:

@ottersteeth

Although @Zannarii is close, his reply isn't entirely correct.

The fort will re-spawn the skeletons at the cannon towers as soon as all of the crew have died.
    If you are solo it will re-spawn the tower skeletons straight away otherwise it will re-spawn them when all crew members are on the ferry or otherwise off the island itself. This includes a lookout staying on the ship parked at the fort. Someone needs to be on land.

Keeping the skeletons in the cannon towers alive works in your favour as they will fire upon any approaching vessel and give you fair warning of other arrivals.
    So, as Zannarii suggests, park in a safe place rather than taking them out. Otherwise they will fire upon your vessel before you get a chance to spawn again.

As Zannarii also said, you need to keep fighting the waves of skeletons until the captain is defeated.
    He will drop the stronghold key and that action would also de-spawn the rest of the skeletons and the tell-tale cloud above the fort will dissolve with a final glimmer of green before disappearing.

edit: As for the fort resetting. No, it won't do that for three hours and now that too has been effected by the skeleton ship raids. Either one or the other will appear active at any given time, not both.

Just wanted to add that the commendation get awarded or added to the count to the crew that opens the door and not on skelly captian kill.

• @captain-n30 sagte in Some questions about forts:

Are there a set number of waves usually or random?

Never counted, i would say 5-7 maybe...

• @stundorn hmm interesting...

• @stundorn said in Some questions about forts:

@captain-n30 sagte in Some questions about forts:

Are there a set number of waves usually or random?

Never counted, i would say 5-7 maybe...

The answer is 12.

Views
1 out of 11