Ship that loves to sink.

• Ahoy everyone,

As you can tell by the title, My ship loves to sink. I just decided to get back into SoT and get the rust off. Now, I was doing well for the first day back, I am not too high of a level and it seems that none of the other ships wants to bother me. So, I get on my sloot and set sail. I get a few of the gold horders missions done. I start my next one and go to the island, got a little confused on the riddle so it did take about 15 minutes for me to figure out. I get my treasure, and I am all happy. I get back to my ship and its rear is going down and the front is pointing to the sky. My ship decided to sink. I was a little annoyed.

So, after taking a break. Having to go to work and run some errands, I came home and hoped back online to SoT. I start up another gold horders mission and go to the islands that it told me to, it gave me 4 different riddles and I did 3 out of the 4. I made it to the 4th one and parked my ship as usual. Went to find the treasure that I was seeking, took me about 10 mins. I get back to the ship and right in front of my eyes again. With 3 boxes of treasure, 2 gold cups, 1 gold vase, all gone in a matter of seconds.

So, I don't know if this is a bug, or if I am being too slow finding my treasure, but this is getting ludicrous. I made sure I didn't have any holes in my ship and that there was no explosives on board. I tend not to take explosives, even though they are worth a lot of money, I don't like the risk. I hope the developers see this and can give me an answer. Thank you all and have a great time sailing.

Views
  • @theralfidude Welcome back to the game.
    Dang what a stroke of bad luck.

I can't say that I have read of other reports involving that issue but none the less I'd advise you to let Rare know via a support ticket, linked below.

https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?flash_digest=9e5bca80c36e850587fda59c1bc3a94889174cff

To report the bug simply copy and paste your opening post where provided in the respective bug description textbox.

Good luck with your future endeavors on the seas. :o)

• @theralfidude There's a good chance you missed a hole or something in the back. If not, it could be you anchored within range of a cannon on the island. If that didn't do it, maybe somebody came along and decided to sink your ship. In any event, whatever loot you had on your ship should have floated to the surface shortly after it sank. At that point you could have retrieved your loot and hid it on the island. Then you could have gone back later with your new ship to claim it. If your loot was gone, somebody probably stole it while you were away and sank your ship.

• @theralfidude said

So, after taking a break. Having to go to work and run some errands, I came home and hoped back online to SoT. I start up another gold horders mission and go to the islands that it told me to, it gave me 4 different riddles and I did 3 out of the 4. I made it to the 4th one and parked my ship as usual.

I might be clutching at straws here but are you sure that you didn't run aground?
    Ever since the introduction of the brigantine all ships tend to drift more that usual... way more.

The safe bet is to...
    a/. never park the ship nose first pointing to the island, always park broadside along the beach.
    b/. drop anchor and raise it again (with sails up) before you leave the vessel unattended. If a storm is close leave the anchor down.

• @admiral-rrrsole said in Ship that loves to sink.:

@theralfidude said

So, after taking a break. Having to go to work and run some errands, I came home and hoped back online to SoT. I start up another gold horders mission and go to the islands that it told me to, it gave me 4 different riddles and I did 3 out of the 4. I made it to the 4th one and parked my ship as usual.

I might be clutching at straws here but are you sure that you didn't run aground?
    Ever since the introduction of the brigantine all ships tend to drift more that usual... way more.

The safe bet is to...
    a/. never park the ship nose first pointing to the island, always park broadside along the beach.
    b/. drop anchor and raise it again (with sails up) before you leave the vessel unattended. If a storm is close leave the anchor down.

This!

I put my sails up at Plunder Valley. Ship stopped drifting just off Shipwreck Bay! Be mindful that your ship is at a full stop, and don't be afraid to drop anchor to come to a complete stop then pull it back up again in case you need a quick get away. Holes at the back of the sloop aren't always obvious and will fill the ship very slowly - like a silent killer!

If not that then I'd wager another crew came along whilst you were on the island and took advantage of some free loots. Always try to keep a look out, and always listen. If I hear distant cannon fire I always make my way back to my ship, just in case!

• Visit outposts in between missions. The fact you have 4 maps doesn't mean you have to complete them all before you cache out... . I don't even try to go into the reasons why you sank....too many....

• @luciansanchez82 It was at full stop, and I did drop the anchor. I didn't have any holes so, I don't know what it could have been, also there was no one around really to bother me. I could still see the ship, but no one came to shoot it down.

• @theralfidude maybe the rain fulled ur boat when u was looking 4 riddle ?

• Nope, no storm in sight.

• I can only think of one thing then....

You are officially cursed. I'm sorry matey, but that's just what it is.
    Oh wait, maybe your ship was allergic to pirates? That could have been it too.
    So 2 options.

Seriously though, totally sounds like some weird bug. The best option is probably to just file a support ticket. And maybe check on your ship every now and then while you explore islands? Then you can see if something funny is going on or if it just randomly sinks by itself.

• I noticed last night when i was playing the same thing. Had water in my boat with no holes nor storm insight. The only thing i could think of was the insane waves that were rocking my boat more than normal yesterday. Maybe they were chrashing into my boat and causing water to get aboard.

• @TheRalfiDude Just curious, but you didn't have a weeping chest did you?

• Well first things first I'd report it. At best it'll reflect a potential bug, at worst your simply submitting another report they'll have to deal with eventually. As above there's always a potential for error on your part. That's what'd make it an error, eh? The not realizing what might have happened.

That said, I don't doubt your competence and I don't doubt your anecdote is accurate, I'm sure your not missing a hole, or whatever. That said here's some points of note that have caught me off guard:

The drift is nutz since the brigantine. A small hole may have appeared after drift brought you aground as mentioned - you cite that you had anchor down soI entirely doubt that is the situation.

You may have had a gun powder keg fired by yourself after a gun powder skelly spawned that as a tad too near the ship - again, I presume you'd notice this so I don't find it as cause.

Another player may have been really obnoxious to you - I admit I've swam over from one island to another just to be a goof and ruin someone's day. There's also the lone stow-away, but I find that less likely in this case as well - most stow-away's hang out on galleons not sloops, and usually there's evidence of their being around after a ship sinks. The idea that you had this happen to you twice... I find these matters unlikely at best.

An island based cannon may have fired off at nailed ya, even once, before you eventually killed them randomly on your search for treasure. This one can be sneaky, since if you didn't hear the boom the skeleton could have aggro'd with another pack and you'd never know they were firing a cannon your way.

You really might have just missed a hole, it does happen, the idea of this happening twice? I dunno.

Overall based entirely on your feedback I have to suggest it's likely a bug. I've only ever heard of a bug of this type once in the months I've played, but it's existed before. A bug report will help. It shouldn't be happening to you even as often as twice. The idea that it'll happen yet again? I find dubious - or doubtful at the least!

That said, welcome back, hopefully the seas are kind to you and long breaks aren't necessary excluding life interference, with FS coming soon I can hope that most of players major concerns have been met and the list of 'things to do' will broaden sharply! Have fun!

• 100% sure there was no cannon fire whatsoever?!?!!!??... i cant believe the ship is sinkin on its own accord there is definitely a valid reason

Views
1 out of 14