Halloween Bilge Rat Event: Skelly Witches

• Halloween is just around the corner and I thought to myself "I wonder what event, if any, would Sea of Thieves be doing to celebrate it?" I know the dev's are hard at work with Forsaken Shores, but I thought it could be awesome to to add Skeleton Witches to fight in the game for an event.

Similar to how bomber skellys were added through an event, I think it would be fun to add magic casting skeleton witches to the game with a Halloween Bilge Rat adventure. These witches would be ranged enemies that cast spells like...

• Fireball: burns players over time
    • Frozen Wind: Freezes players for a short period to the ground but they can keep attacking
    • Heal: The witch can cast a healing beam to 2 or 3 skellys at a time and be healing them unless you hit her and stop it.

Maybe a fun addition could be that she only spawns down in the caves that have shrines in them? Then it could add life to the caves and also add a small element of suspense. Normal skeletons just pace and patrol randomly, but for the witch when she isn't triggered you could see her performing some sort of ritual as her non-agro animation.

I love this game dearly, but one of the things I wish there was more of was a more diverse set of enemies. From one enemy to the next I want to change up my fighting tactics and keep combat fresh and exciting. Please upvote this if you agree and would love to see a steady increase in enemy types!

Views
  • Would be fun to see a new skeleton, or better yet, new enemy type.

I'm hoping that we get some fun seasonal event cosmetics to celebrate "All Gallow's Eve"

• Witches style hat and dress
    • Cauldron Brew mug
    • Jack'o lantern
    • Orange/black/purple color options for hair, hull liveries, and new emblems for sails, and flags
    • Face paints and tattoo sets
    • Maybe even a new "boo" or "scared" emote, or creepy shanty to play
    • And more...

Would also be fun to see world objects reskinned or decorated, like cannonballs becoming pumpkins, the taverns having candles and different lighting (purple or green fires) and treats on the tables, etc.

• @knightx13 said in Halloween Bilge Rat Event: Skelly Witches:

And that's where my head jumped to the Monster Mash... what an awesome shanty that could make rearranged a bit!

• @musicmee funeral dirge...

• @knightx13 Sold! Maybe a bit too morbid though?

• @stryker-osiris I would like to see the skellie dressed up for the occasion, and possibly jack o lanterns take place of regular lanterns on ships and on outposts (limited time of course ;)

• @jacketedlawyer6 said in Halloween Bilge Rat Event: Skelly Witches:

@stryker-osiris I would like to see the skellie dressed up for the occasion, and possibly jack o lanterns take place of regular lanterns on ships and on outposts (limited time of course ;)

I couldn't agree more! That would be so fun!

• @knightx13 said in Halloween Bilge Rat Event: Skelly Witches:

Would be fun to see a new skeleton, or better yet, new enemy type.

I'm hoping that we get some fun seasonal event cosmetics to celebrate "All Gallow's Eve"

• Witches style hat and dress
    • Cauldron Brew mug
    • Jack'o lantern
    • Orange/black/purple color options for hair, hull liveries, and new emblems for sails, and flags
    • Face paints and tattoo sets
    • And more...

Would also be fun to see world objects reskinned or decorated, like cannonballs becoming pumpkins, the taverns having candles and different lighting (purple or green fires) and treats on the tables, etc.

That all would be awesome! Well it looks like we'll be getting face paint in Forsaken Shores so things like that wouldn't even be too farfetched!

I also think adding new emotes like yours listed would be fun too! Great ideas man!

• @stryker-osiris Could also be a good introduction to the potion and enchantment shop eventually

• @cheatingpirate said in Halloween Bilge Rat Event: Skelly Witches:

@stryker-osiris Could also be a good introduction to the potion and enchantment shop eventually

Very true! I remember the potion shop being open in the Alpha and Beta, so that would be an awesome event to introduce that building back into the game.

• @stryker-osiris why not just add witches in general ... and keep them permanently. why does everything have to be skeleton? why do witches have to be halloween-related?

and i highly doubt that will be that much content added for a holiday ... maybe collecting or delivering jackolanterns...but that is probably the extent of what would be added aside a story to go with it.

while all of this seems fantastic "on paper"...this is far outside of the wheelhouse we have seen Rare inside of.

• @aod-fluid @aod-fluid It really seems like you are being negative about this whole post for no reason. I would have to disagree with you 100% on all of your points. It also seems that you dont quite get the purpose of the post. This is a "Halloween" themed event idea, not a general game idea.

1. "why not just add witches in general ... and keep them permanently. " I actually said this in the post if you re-read it. I said "Similar to how bomber skellys were added through an event, I think it would be fun to add magic casting skeleton witches to the game with a Halloween Bilge Rat adventure." So there you go.

2. "why does everything have to be skeleton?" Well because that is who we are fighting in the game so far in terms of bi-pedal humanoid npc's. We only fight skeletons or monsters. There arent any other human enemies we have fought so far so it didn't seem natural to add a real person while everyone else is a skeleton. I would personally love for them to add Ghosts to the world, and Witch Ghosts seem the most interesting, but in the current state of SoT, Skeletons seem the most natural enemy to use.

3. "why do witches have to be halloween-related?" I dont even know why you asked this... Witches are Halloween related so I dont know what else I have to do to justify this to you. Do you see Witch iconography saturating the stores in the months of November - August? I sure dont. Integrating Witches into the world through a Halloween event seems the most natural and fitting time to add these characters if the devs ever had plans of doing so.

4. "while all of this seems fantastic "on paper"...this is far outside of the wheelhouse we have seen Rare inside of." I couldnt disagree more with this for so many reasons. To name a few...

• They have added a new enemy type through a Bilge Rat Adventure before. (Bomber Skelly)
    • They have added NPC to Player effects during the Cursed Sails dlc which now proves they understand how to script an NPC inflicting odd burns and effects to human players.
    • Rare are constantly adding new mechanics into the game through their bi-weekly events. (New Inventory System, Reapers Mark Flag, Cursed Cannonballs, NPC Ship Fights, Flint Plug on Gunpoweder Barrels, Bomber Skellys, etc...)

So while you are entitled to your own opinion I feel like you came into this fun forum thread wanting to bag on it rather than seeing the bigger picture. You also were quick to discredit a team that has proven to the community time and time again that they are willing to go the distance and add tons of content on a bi-weekly basis and free dlc on a bi-monthly basis.

Views
1 out of 12