The Hungering Deep

• Good to all, I am new both here and in the game, apologize for my bad English, As I said before I am new and I would like to know if the megalodon event could come back. There are events that happened and remain in the filthy rats, I understand that the event has its time but for the new people who started to play later have the opportunity to get the praises, titles, tattoos and scars.
    Thank you so much

Views
  • @fumet1sha it won't come back...
    The meg is still in the game, but the figurehead, scar, the drum-skin and the speaking trumpet-skin were time limited

• @fumet1sha Ya the Hungering Deep was a great event, but they dont really need bring the event back per say. They just need to bring back the ability to summon the "old" meg with 2 crews playing Merriks shanty on any island-less spot on the map.(maybe she can even be torn up from the battle before)

• There is some possibility of being able to get the mentioned, Thank you very much for answering

• If I remember correctly that was the 1 event, today the community has grown a lot and I think it would be good to give new people the opportunity to play it.
    for example the other events are still in the filthy rats

• @fumet1sha the point of previous events such as the Hungering Deep was to provide time-limited cosmetics to people who were present back then, so that there is some exclusivity to completing the adventures. There's nothing to worry about though, there will be plenty more events to come and much cooler time-limited cosmetics too.

• All the events are still "active", in the way that you can still sit on thrones an earn the title, same with Meg. kill it an get title.
    The only thing is the time limited stuff an "Doubloons"
    But if I remember right, Future Event will make it's so you still can earn Doubloons after the event, but they will still be time limited stuff

• GreenCamillion1, you want to tell me that you can still get the Meg thing, because now it's not merrick

• Thank you very much, people for giving your contribution

• As @Schwammlgott said, it will not come back. All the THD campaign (as CS and FS) is exclusive, but the main part (in this case Meg) is going to still in the game.

• Unfortunately, it is no longer possible to acquire the Hungering Deep campaign cosmetics. As for the campaign itself. I hope that it comes around again, but for now we don’t know if previous events will be recycled in the future.

• @fumet1sha well the hungering deep wasnt even a bilge eat event, the bilge rat events came after the hungering deep.

The cool thing about this time limited cosmetics is that you can show them of for attaining them, especially since the content (meggy skelly ships etc) stay in the game in some way or another

• @fumet1sha According to when Mike was playing with the community he stated that there would like to bring certain event back, but they would slightly change how the items would look so that you would know who did the original. So this is very possible in the future according to the development team.

• Thank you very much for your help

• @callmebackdraft I do not know if you understand what you are referring to cosmetics remain in the game

• @fumet1sha

Cosmetics stay in the game yes, however for those that didnt take part in the hungering deep campaign dont have the special figurehead, drum and speaking trumpet.

Same goes for the cursed sail sails and the bonecrusher jacket, dress, pants and weapons and the wailing barnacle weaponry.

Those where only atainable during said campaign and can be now be used as a way of showing off to people who didnt do the campaign then or didnt have the game yet.

• @fumet1sha said in The Hungering Deep:

@callmebackdraft I do not know if you understand what you are referring to cosmetics remain in the game

He means that if you earned the item, you keep it forever, even if nobody else can earn it.

For example, for completing the Hungering Deep campaign I was rewarded the Hungering One figurehead. Even though the event is over, I still have the figurehead.

Another example, a while back at launch there were a few items, including a variant of the Bilge Rat cutlass, that were removed from stores because they looked too similar to the base version. Those items can't be purchased anymore, but the people that bought them can still equip them.

• @callmebackdraft Thank you very much for the clarification

• @fumet1sha personally, when I played the hungering deep, it wasn't as good as I thought it was, the main problem was no-one wanted to team so I just couldn't complete it

• @fumet1sha All the items from that were limited and will not be coming back. They did say some of the bilge rat items would return at some point but not any campagin items. The figurehead,scar, and tattoo were all limited and should not come back around in my opinion. Only for the people that were there to earn it.

• @tinballoon24929 Thanks for your opinion

• @averageheroz I understand you, but imagine if it is the other way around you would not like it if you have the opportunity to play it, you can put something different to differentiate from the 1 that won it. In the store there is a mask of a shark, I do not know if it is the same or not of the event. Thank you

• @fumet1sha It is staying limited One reason being because it shows difference between players and shows that they took part into that campaign.

• @fumet1sha I have started many games late and missed limited items. It is all part of it. So still those limited items need to stay limited to those who were there to earn it like any other game. It makes those of us that have been here from the beginning stand out. It is only fair to us. I have been in your place before were I have started up a game and missed out on content..but if I miss limited time content I did not go to the forms..it would not be fair for every new player that joined the game like yourself to come in and be handed the content we were here for and worked for. Put yourself in our spot instead of telling us to be in your spot. Not trying to be rude but that limited content needs to stay limited..it is already upsetting enough to know that they will be bringing back limited bilge rat items for the people who missed it..so be glad they are doing that for you..you can't have everything you want and if you wanted it that bad you should of been here day 1 like the rest of us with the limited items. Thank you.

• @averageheroz I was in your situation and you know that I tell you that on the one hand I understand you, but sincerely, I would give the same, it could be done in many ways. You could put something similar to differentiate those who already have it, and whoever wants to do it and who does not. Thanks for your opinion

Views
24 out of 25