Tomb raids for Pirate Legends

• So, a thought occurred to me today. At present, the only way to access Athena’s Fortune is by playing the Shanty of Legends in a tavern, yes?

Well, how about extending that to implement Pirate Legend-specific Tomb raids?

The way this could work is something like a skull cloud (but maybe something more specific like the Athena’s Fortune emblem?), and this will indicate when a Tomb Raid is active. Maybe this cloud can only be visible to pirate legends (not sure how feasible that would be, but it’d be more practical if only legends could see it).

There will be a doorway on the larger islands that can only be opened by playing the Shanty of legends and only when a Tomb Raid is active; effectively gating the content to only pirate legend crews.

Like forts, there is risk associated with doing this (as other legends will also see the cloud and may come to steal the loot or ambush the poor unsuspecting souls currently navigating the Tomb; blissfully unaware that they are in danger).

Now, as for the content, perhaps this could be randomised on a whole Raid scale or even single chamber scale. Perhaps some chambers in the Tomb could be filled with traps that need to be navigated/disarmed, or require battling skeletons to open the next door, or even just puzzle rooms. This could be done procedurally in an instance like the Tavern of Legends so the content always feels fresh and doesn’t repeat ad nauseum. Anyone entering through the same Tomb entrance would end up in the same instance, leading to some interesting encounters.

At the end of the Tomb, there would be an easy exit back to the Tomb entrance and a room full of treasure for each of the trading companies (for non-legends in a crew with a pirate legend); the most significant of which would be the Ancient Tomb Chest and the Legend’s Skull, which would both award Athena’s XP at a decently large scale. NOTE: Opening the final door will cause the cloud to burst, just like the skull fort and ship clouds.

Anyway, that’s my thought for some fresh endgame content for legends (seeing as I will soon be among them). Thoughts?

As an alternative to having a cloud that anyone can see, maybe a Tomb Raid could be a new type of Athena’s voyage?

Views
  • To make this more challenging, I also think the final room before the treasure room should contain a boss. Beating the boss would drop the key to open the final door. At present I’d say a skeleton captain fight, but this could be made more dynamic, such as fighting the captain in a room where traps of varying types are periodically triggered automatically.

• I'm all in on this. The legend shanty could even open up secrets all over

Views
2 out of 3