Am I an Experienced Player? You tell me.

• Hey all,
    I use the XBox app and look at the Looking for group for Sea of Thieves and mostly I see MIC, ExpertPlayers and other such tags. So I'm curious. Am I an expert player?
    I don't have a MIC, don't care to use one, but I can type. I mostly play on PC.
    My Levels 27/24/21/1.
    Voyages Completed - 19/25/0.
    Not bad for being 21 with 0 Merchant Voyages completed and 0 Merchant Voyages purchased. I have earned around 44K for MA, 3 Banana Crates, 3 Cannon Ball Crates, 1 Gun Powder Keg, and 7 Chickens. And sailed 0 miles for MA.
    Oh, and I have yet to pay for Voyages, I haven't bought in to the any of the Promotions, thus 0 Gold expenditure.
    And I've been playing since the 5th of September. I'm not tooting my own horn, I just want to see if I'm an experienced player.

So far, I have not had any luck with pickup games, either I get some crew that abandons the game after I join, or they just slap their swords about and really do nothing, or they sail off without putting up a voyage, even if I put one up myself. Or I find a dysfunctional crew where one or more other the crew members decides to not contribute to the experience unless they do the opposite; lift sails? Sure, they lower them after being lifted. Raise anchor? Sure, let's lower it. Ugh!

Other than the bit of griping; am I an experienced player? I'm mostly available once or twice a week but I would love to be on a crew that can be serious AND fun, a band of misfits I suppose. My only drawback is I'm not good with PvP.

Interested in me joining your crew? If you find me out and about ask away, I'ld probably be happy to join.

Views
  • Looks like you are powering through the levels pretty fast, so yes i would say you are experienced. It shouldnt matter what levels you are though, people should be helping each other to be better gamers regardless of their level of expertise.
    Have you tried getting in touch with one of your regional Sea of Thieves communities on Facebook or Discord? We have one for Australia and New Zealand players to connect in the same timezone, its really helpful for organising crews and getting some experience with players of all different levels.

Maybe give that a go for your region and see if it helps you find a crew.

• @dameliberte I second what @Slave2theSAvE said. Go to discord and find one of the many communities.

If you are active on a ship helping get to the next location rather than just playing music the entire time, you're experienced in my view.

• @d-jaguar @Slave2theSAvE

Thanks for those ideas. I keep hoping to find a responsible crew through open voyages. And not having much luck. Had run ins with horrid crews and I try to engage them with no luck.

Well except for today, if you look at my post in Tales about the abandoned galleon then that was fun. Poor random crew mate was having a tough time on his galleon while I was using a "borrowed" galleon. I was chilling and getting stuff done and he was having a bad time with crew that were just making him miserable by lowering the anchor or any number of things.

At this point I'm now 34/30/27/2. Mostly done on a sloop with little help.

I might see what I can find out through a connection in the United States. I realize that more can be done with a larger crew, but I can get stuff done solo. I manage well enough doing skeleton ships as well.

Thanks again for the idea.

• @dameliberte thanks for letting us know of your tale.
    I like open crews as they change the game for me. Some crewmates are really bad, and I must carry them. Others are really good and I am able to accomplish many things with them.

I would say I'll sail with you, but I am hardly on anymore. It also doesnt seem like you need much help. Soon you will be a legend, and your legacy will be established by training new players in the open crews. They too will be able to take another galleon for hours without dying.

Keep spreading your tales! It was a fun read.

• @d-jaguar @Slave2theSAvE

Hey all, it's been 5 months, thought it might have been longer. But I thought I would report back here. Not sure if ya'll browse the other areas in the Community.

I finally made Pirate Legend (Sort of), and I think I even posted it in this same forum. Also, for your reading pleasure, distraction, or some other such word check this story out - https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/81357/that-pirate-legend-that-isn-t/2

Views
4 out of 6