The 2 Spires' Purpose?

• Ahoy Mates!
    We've all sailed by these two huge rock spires before:
    The Two Spires

And probably not thought much of em.
    But did you know that the Greater Spire:
    Larger Spire
    Gets stuck by lightning every time someone joins the surver?
    (Though that's not 100% confirmrd)

Now in one of Captain Falcore's videos:

He Theorizes that the Greater Spire is the gateway to allow pirates to enter the Sea of Thieves.

But he doesn't mention the Lesser Spire:
    Lesser spire
    Which is adjacent to the Greater Spire.
    And he also Doesn’t mention how people leave the Sea of Thieves.

• Which is where my theory comes in:
      So I Theorize that the Lesser Spire was the way out of The Sea of Thieves.
      But it was damaged somehow, that's why it isn't as tall as the Greater Spire.
      Also that explains why it doesn't let you out of the Sea of Thieves anymore when you pass through it, because it was damaged.

But that's just a theory... a SoT theory!

Let me know what ya think of this theory lads & lasses, until then see ya on the seas!
    Palooggoo

Views
    videostory & lore
  • @sgt-palooggoo I like the idea.
    I just use it to zig zag through when chased in hopes they crash!

• This is an awesome theory!! If that isn’t what it’s for they should totally pinch the idea and claim it for themselves xD

• An here i was thinking that the Ferry of the Damned was directly under what you dub as "Greater Spire" and thus the lightning strikes were when a player dies and is transported to said Ferry.

But that's just a theory... My Sea of Thieves Theory.

• Impressive.

• @knifelife said in The 2 Spires Purpose?:

This is an awesome theory!! If that isn’t what it’s for they should totally pinch the idea and claim it for themselves xD

I wouldn't mind, just as long as they Scratch "Palooggoo" on one of the Spires.

• Do you have proof that the Greater Spire is struck by lightning whenever someone joins the server?

Otherwise, your theory is bunk. It's already been stated that to get into the Sea of Thieves, you must be able to navigate the Devil's Shroud, which is the "red sea" that surrounds the playable area, cutting it off from the rest of the world.

Magic portal, no.

• @sgt-palooggoo That's some cool stuff.

I always assumed the Greater Spire would act as a spawn point for ships once Captaincy was released. Obviously that was pushed back so it just hasn't been used yet.

• Yeah, I'd like to have the eight minutes of my life back that I spent watching this video.

Nice trivia, nice history, doesn't help w/ gameplay in the least, simply a highly edited and overproduced You Tube offering meant for You Tube clicks, You Tube revenue, and little else.

• @blam320 Do you have a source by chance? :)

• @blam320 said in The 2 Spires' Purpose?:

Do you have proof that the Greater Spire is struck by lightning whenever someone joins the server?

Otherwise, your theory is bunk. It's already been stated that to get into the Sea of Thieves, you must be able to navigate the Devil's Shroud, which is the "red sea" that surrounds the playable area, cutting it off from the rest of the world.

Magic portal, no.

Wow mate, no need to get so salty about some theory.
    You make it sound like I'm insulting your religious/political beliefs or something.

• @sgt-palooggoo said in The 2 Spires' Purpose?:

@blam320 said in The 2 Spires' Purpose?:

Do you have proof that the Greater Spire is struck by lightning whenever someone joins the server?

Magic portal, no.

Wow mate, no need to get so salty about some theory.
    You make it sound like I'm insulting your religious/political beliefs or something.

We've known about how you enter the Sea of Thieves for quite a while now. It's in one of the comic books.

• It’s a cool discovery if it’s true that the lightning hits for each spawn.

I really hope however that Rare doesn’t start getting into magic portals and such.

• @omnipotence13
    Yeah, portals aren't very piraty.

• @sgt-palooggoo maybe we can fix it, gonna have to park a ship right under Lesser Spire in the middle of a storm haha, maybe put a crewmate (bait) ontop holding his sword. That would be a pretty cool easter egg though

• I think you people need to stop watching "speculation" videos.

• @aod-fluid but it's fun to speculate!
    Lol

• @ixxolos sagte in The 2 Spires' Purpose?:

An here i was thinking that the Ferry of the Damned was directly under what you dub as "Greater Spire" and thus the lightning strikes were when a player dies and is transported to said Ferry.

But that's just a theory... My Sea of Thieves Theory.

That’s a good direction I’m still wondering why nobody mentioned the SEA OF THE DAMNED a Sea that was teased in the „Art of Sea of Thieves“ Book like the Devils Roar! Maybe in a future Update this is the Entrance for the Sea of the Damned!

• @king-deka
    Ohhh, that sounds spooky!

• The spawn=lightening hypothesis would be easy to test. Hang out near the spire and have a friend join. Try it a few times to rule out coincidence. Or is it when a ship spawns?

• @ghostpaw
    I know it gets struck by lightning, I've seen it happen.
    But I don't know if Falcore was lying or not about it being linked to people joining the server.

• @sgt-palooggoo Not very consistent with the lore but that's still very interesting. Will definitely have to take a look the next time I'm near the spire.

• @sgt-palooggoo Lying might be a strong word. It implies willfully misleading others. I think Falcore attempts to provide accurate information.

• @ghostpaw @Sgt-Palooggoo

Agreed on that one... Captain Falcore himself opens his videos with News, Speculation and General Ramblings...

He has probably heard the same rumour and took it as golden... Never trust a pirate!

• @ghostpaw
    Oh sorry, maybe he miss heard something.

• The amount of time I’ve spent around these parts I’ve not once seen it get struck by lightning.

• In the comics, it's shown that you don't enter the Sea of Thieves through a portal, but through a path in the mist.

What these stone structures means is unclear. But given that the Ferry of the Damned is near the Greater Spire, it could have some connection to the Sea of the Damned. But we will never know for sure until that area is one day released.

• @sgt-palooggoo
    This is why I hate Cap. Falcore (and most SoT YouTubers). They just make stuff up for views. There is no correlation for players spawning on the map and the lightning striking the rock.

The only thing we do know about the greater spire is that the legendary hideout is underneath it. (PROOF: https://youtu.be/YUEJMJ9MlVA)

Some have said the Ferry of the Damned is under there but theres been no confirmation of that.

• @ghostpaw said in The 2 Spires' Purpose?:

The spawn=lightening hypothesis would be easy to test. Hang out near the spire and have a friend join. Try it a few times to rule out coincidence. Or is it when a ship spawns?

^ This, I was thinking the same thing.

• @j355315r4d2 said in The 2 Spires' Purpose?:

@sgt-palooggoo
    This is why I hate Cap. Falcore (and most SoT YouTubers). They just make stuff up for views. There is no correlation for players spawning on the map and the lightning striking the rock.

I think you have gone a bit far there. Most of the stuff Captain Falcore say in his videos are just his speculations (because there is not clear info on what some of the wall paintings and the like on the islands mean and he goes by what he can learn), and he corrects himself if some of his speculations ended up being wrong.

At times he actually do bring up interesting info in his lore videos, like how Shipwreck Bay has a large tribute to the old Blackwyche video game. Even having a picture of a Sea of Thieves version of the main playable character from that game in the remains of the captain's quarters on the shipwreck.

He doesn't really treat his speculations as 100% facts or true, and again he knows when he makes mistakes, like that video were he speculated that Wanda was turning into a Mermaid before being proven wrong when Cursed Sails was released.

• @dark-henrik-22 said in The 2 Spires' Purpose?:

In the comics, it's shown that you don't enter the Sea of Thieves through a portal, but through a path in the mist.

What these stone structures means is unclear. But given that the Ferry of the Damned is near the Greater Spire, it could have some connection to the Sea of the Damned. But we will never know for sure until that area is one day released.

This thread was nearly a month old. Did you really need to go digging around in the closet for stuff to drag out?

Views
videostory & lore
30 out of 31