Ship Upgrades

• What if you could upgrade the actual composition of your ship? Upgrade the hull so it could take more of a beating, upgrade your mast so that it better supports the sails, meaning faster sail turning, furling, and sail material upgrades so that you could go faster, anchor upgrades so you could drop anchor sooner, and perhaps even a safe room for all your treasure that takes a while to break in to? What if you could get a huge ship with multiple rooms, including a crews quarters? Man o' war vibes?

Views
  • Nope, game breakers. Edit - All of those ideas would confer an advantage.

• @stone0898 said in Ship Upgrades:

Nope, game breakers. Edit - All of those ideas would confer an advantage.

And CCBs do not??? Bahahhahaahahaaaaaaa.....

• It would be nice, but Rare doesn't want that at the moment.

• @zodemere said in Ship Upgrades:

@stone0898 said in Ship Upgrades:

you dont spawn with ccb

• @el-dunco said in Ship Upgrades:

@zodemere said in Ship Upgrades:

you dont spawn with ccb

So they only give advantage after u spawn & find them....ok i can agree with that.

@el-dunco said in Ship Upgrades:

you dont spawn with ccb

So they only give advantage after u spawn & find them....ok i can agree with that.

after you find them and hit a ship with them. so far my crew has been attacked by prob 15 crews using cursed canonballs but only effected by them about 3 times

• This would give you an advantage over others. Something rare has made clear would not happen.

Would be cool tho.

you dont spawn with ccb

after you find them and hit a ship with them. so far my crew has been attacked by prob 15 crews using cursed canonballs but only effected by them about 3 times

So your experience is tthe only one that matters? Cuz i had a very different experience the day this "update" drop. Was on a brig, we were all PL A10s, a gally rolled up on us, we hadd very few CCBs & fired a couple when the gally proceeded to hit us withh jig balls every 20 or so seconds followed with regular c balls. We sank. They never boaarded us, no strategy involved . We just helplessly watched our ship sink as we danced. Now if that was a advantage to us then i don't know what is!!!

you dont spawn with ccb

I have been in so many battles since ccb's became something we could have. And yes, we have used them, but they have been used against us way more. And I believe out of what I would guess to be about 40 battles, the ccb's had an actual direct impact on the final outcome only once. And that was against my crew. We didn't get upset by it, we just went back and sunk the offending crew.

• @nofears-fun said in Ship Upgrades:

you dont spawn with ccb

I have been in so many battles since ccb's became something we could have. And yes, we have used them, but they have been used against us way more. And I believe out of what I would guess to be about 40 battles, the ccb's had an actual direct impact on the final outcome only once. And that was against my crew. We didn't get upset by it, we just went back and sunk the offending crew.

But hey i know u guuys will defend CCBs ttil u blue in the face....there's no advantage to having magic in the gamee cuz blah blah blah!!! Right?

• @zodemere I am not defending or attacking them. They are there now. I am just saying that only once in well over 40 battles did they actually make a difference. Just last night we decided to go all pirate and sink anything we saw. We sunk every ship on the server at least once, and some more than that if they came back for more. And while we attempted to use CCB's, none really connected with the target. But we did get hit with several different types of CCB's during the various encounters. Our ship didn't sink once.

you dont spawn with ccb

So your experience is tthe only one that matters? Cuz i had a very different experience the day this "update" drop. Was on a brig, we were all PL A10s, a gally rolled up on us, we hadd very few CCBs & fired a couple when the gally proceeded to hit us withh jig balls every 20 or so seconds followed with regular c balls. We sank. They never boaarded us, no strategy involved . We just helplessly watched our ship sink as we danced. Now if that was a advantage to us then i don't know what is!!!

I dont even like ccb man. Drop the "your experience is the only one that matters" crybaby b******t. I was just telling you what I've experienced.

Sorry you suck at the game

you dont spawn with ccb

I dont even like ccb man. Drop the "your experience is the only one that matters" crybaby b******t. I was just telling you what I've experienced.

Your personal attacks on me show how weak you're debate is & it's telling how you can act with inpunity, are you a Rare employee ??

• @zodemere please refrain from derailing the topic as this post is clearly not about CCBs

you dont spawn with ccb

Your personal attacks on me show how weak you're debate is & it's telling how you can act with inpunity, are you a Rare employee ??

There was no debate. You had a knee jerk reaction to someone making a comment about cursed cannonballs not being as advantageous as you assume them to be in a topic about ship upgrades.

• @fordz45 I would love for customizations of the ships and believe we will see them. But they will be in the form of cosmetics only. Rare does not want to have people with better buffers or statistical advantages. Not sure we will see any upgrades that include crews quarters, though that would be cool, but the ships are what they are now and only the galleon really has any unused room on it. Having a more useful captains quarters would be cool too. But then again, not sure I have enough down time in game to enjoy them.

• @stone0898 No, because everyone can get upgrades. You simply have to work for them, and earn a lot of gold. What else is there to do with gold other than buy aesthetics

• @fordz45 No upgrades to the game because people with more gold will be more powerful than noobs. Sorry, but no.

• @fordz45 said in Ship Upgrades:

What else is there to do with gold other than buy aesthetics

Aesthetics is pretty much it, my dude.

If ya ain't down with the bling, there ain't much for ya.

• @jacketedlawyer6 BUT EVERYONE HAS TO WORK FOR GOLD

hey as long as the "cursed" sails or hulls or whatever are not spawned with & are very rare like CCB then why not have them inn the game? I'd love to be able to have "cursed" magic sails that give increase in speed or a hull that allowed u to turn your gally on a dime like the skelly ships or how about a cannon that was "cursed" so u could fire balls like a machine gun?? It'd be awesome!!!

@jacketedlawyer6 BUT EVERYONE HAS TO WORK FOR GOLD

That's the entire point. Something you seem to be missing.

Rare wants to avoid Power Progression that carries over from session to session, because it means the people who spend four hours every day grinding voyages or fort-hopping will have a huge advantage over both casuals - like me - who don't play that much, and new players, which creates a sour first impression, as new players regardless of game get upset very easily when they're constantly getting destroyed by high-ranking players with all the best gear and upgrades.

Raw skill and experience are supposed to be the deciding factors. CCBs and Gunpowder barrels may offer immediate advantages, but they are consumables - not permanent and infinitely re-usable like upgrades - and are acquired over the course of a session, and don't carry over.

• @blam320 you make good points, I just think it's kinda lame how we work so hard for all this gold and yet we can't spend it on anything actually useful.

@blam320 you make good points, I just think it's kinda lame how we work so hard for all this gold and yet we can't spend it on anything actually useful.

That depends on your definition of "useful".

• @blam320

“ Isabela went back to the raiders. She’s calling herself an admiral now. I don’t know if she’s actually in charge or just has a really big hat. Might be the same thing, honestly.”- Varric Tethras

Views
1 out of 26