Dual-Wield Pistols

• What it there were dual wield flintlock pistols, and they did more damage than regular pistols but they took longer to reload?

Views
  • That's a nice idea mate!

• I personally think it is a bad idea. Quite honestly, I am against dual guns of any kind. When I picture a pirate I picture a swash buckling pirate that always has his sword in hand.

• @nofears-fun Yes, while I fundamentally agree with you, sea of thieves is a bit of a liberal spin on the traditional pirate lore.

• @fordz45 Understood, and usually, when someone has dual guns, it is awesome when they miss. Because then they are defenseless. LOL

• A growing trend is using the sniper and shotgun combo. People are using this to pop 2 shots off in very quick secession to drop and pirate almost instantly. I don’t think adding more guns would be a good thing. The only way to avoid this is to jump around ridiculously. PVP combat is getting worse over time in my opinion and it’s wasnt that great to begin with.

• @wyvernhavvk said in Dual-Wield Pistols:

A growing trend is using the sniper and shotgun combo. People are using this to pop 2 shots off in very quick secession to drop and pirate almost instantly. I don’t think adding more guns would be a good thing. The only way to avoid this is to jump around ridiculously. PVP combat is getting worse over time in my opinion and it’s wasnt that great to begin with.

The suggestion is to let a player use two pistols at once. Dual Wielding, not adding a fourth weapon.

As for your comment about PvP meta, what would you suggest? Because a new "meta" will simply arise to take it's place, and IMO nerfing either weapon into the ground (unless you nerfed how long it takes to pull weapons out) is inviable.

• @Blam320
    Scenario 1. Wielding a pistol in slot one and slot two with the ability to hold both at the same time.
    Players wouldn’t use outside of flavor due to the current effectiveness of the current sniper/blunderbuss combo.

Scenario 2. Wielding two pistols in a single slot.
    This would enable a longer range for the quick snipe combo enhancing the exploit.

Solution suggestions: slot one is set for melee with slot two being range. This could also enable the addition of other melee weapons. Pirates used more than a cutlass. It would also enable the ability to add more gun options (like dual pistols) with out breaking the game.

• @wyvernhavvk said in Dual-Wield Pistols:

@Blam320
    Scenario 1. Wielding a pistol in slot one and slot two with the ability to hold both at the same time.
    Players wouldn’t use outside of flavor due to the current effectiveness of the current sniper/blunderbuss combo.

Scenario 2. Wielding two pistols in a single slot.
    This would enable a longer range for the quick snipe combo enhancing the exploit.

Solution suggestions: slot one is set for melee with slot two being range. This could also enable the addition of other melee weapons. Pirates used more than a cutlass. It would also enable the ability to add more gun options (like dual pistols) with out breaking the game.

It's not an exploit. All weapons have identical draw times. The easiest fix would be to increase the time it takes to draw your weapon, with Pistol and Cutlass being the fastest and Eye of Reach being slowest (highest single-hit damage), with the Blunderbuss falling in the middle.

Views
8 out of 9