Forsaken Shores - progress update

• @konuckle said in Forsaken Shores - progress update:

Thanks for the update. Sad about already scheduling the day off Wednesday if it's delayed but that's better than being mad at the game all day!

I had that for both Cursed Sails and Cursed Crews. Took the day off from work. Both ended badly as there were massive server delays both times. Which has sadly turned me off from scheduling anymore time off for a release day update. Even if I am super pumped about FS.

• @the3sheetsneate

Rather have a delayed working update than a broken one or one you think is fine but a lot of people hate

Speaking of updates a lot of people hate what qol improvements has there been to barrel ui? Other than a take all option

• alt text

• @the3sheetsneate I'm going to love this game forever, so take your time and give us what you've been planning. Since Cursed Sails my expectations are only increasing. Thank you! Ahoy Brazil here.

• @the3sheetsneate I'm happy to wait for the release and enjoy the experience your team will be giving us. I love playing the game and whatever you do providing it leans towards more sea of friends I am more than content to be in your hands lol

• good job one step in the right direction.

hope you guys have enough testers to accomplish that goal

• Thanks for the update

• September 19th is my birthday, make it happen!!! if not, I can wait. rather have a better experience.

• The fact that we still don't have the official infopage for Forsaken Shores tells me we probably shouldn't expect it for the 19th.

Which is fine because I'd rather it be functioning than unplayable..

However...

This pattern of announcing dates and almost consistently not hitting them is getting kind of predictable, and is increasingly more frustrating each time..

I'm super pumped for all the "Rare you suck" "Rare you broke my trust for the 50th time" threads if this gets delayed until whenever. /s

I hope everything gets sorted properly, going forward personally though, I'd much prefer announced dates when you guys are sure you'll hit them. It'll save you a lot of scrambling around last few minutes, it'll keep the c*****s off your back, and it'll just come off more organized I feel. Take all the time you need and announce a week before its out, who cares lol.. just announce when you know you've got it.

• I plan on doing an entire Athena quest from just the rowboat. Who's in?

• @The3SheetsNeate Thanks for the update and keeping us all in the know about the release. I'm always willing to wait a little longer for a more concrete gaming experience. Thanks for all you and your crew have given us over the past months, and I cannot wait to dive into the Forsaken Shores when they surface!

• @xxslappy31682xx said in Forsaken Shores - progress update:

Lov'in the Idea...

I plan on doing an entire Athena quest from just the rowboat. Who's in?

Would love the Dev's to stream themselves do this as a Challenge.... :-)

... could take more time than they have at hand :-(

• I agree with everyone else, better it'll be delayed than unplayable.
    I wish i could test it out myself on the Pioneer program but im no Pioneer myself so i hope you'll enjoy it guys and thank you for giving them feedback so we "normal" players ain't getting a broken DLC!

Keep up the good work!

• Well at least they are being more open with us about it. It’s a welcome change at the very least. I just hope they don’t delay it and still run into issues.. they really need to this to launch as smooth as possible.

• @the3sheetsneate Hey Joe!!

Thrilled to be seeing you around these waters more again! I really appreciate the proactive approach and openness about what may be coming and the challenges that you're facing, I much prefer to have the expectation that there may be a delay than a surprise on the expected launch. I know you guys are working insane hours right no to get everything figured out and I am glad to see that feedback is being heard and implemented before it gets pushed. Can't wait to see the final product, even if that means waiting an extra day or two!

• @tre-oni yeah if ya ask me they should start giving generalized release dates.
    So For example:
    "We'll be releasing the Giant Ducks Expansion sometime late November."

• Do it right or Don't do it at all!!!!

• This update is appreciated but it is kind of worrying that Pioneers are getting an extremely short window to test out the largest expansion to date and provide "valuable feedback".

• Test for cursed cannonballs on row boat. You know we're going to try, just ask any ball retriever at the driving range.

• @the3sheetsneate Don't worry about it, take your time! Like almost everyone else who replied, I'd rather see a bug-free build than a bug-full build. However... My only request is... Please give us the Forsaken Shores website :D

• Thanks for staying on top of everything and listening to your pioneers. I would rather have a product smooth and received well than released to early and buggy. Thanks for keeping the game alive and look forward to playing with the next update and beyond.

• All the time you need! Thanks for the update and keeping in touch with the community. :)

• You do a good work and nevermind if the release don't come at 19 September. Better late but without problem and bug.

• @the3sheetsneate I would imagine the Pioneers player-base would be getting smaller the older the game gets the more people are hitting athena 10 and suffering burn out and lack of things to do. Basically are you going to expand the program is the question.

Also are bilgerat adventures still going to be bi-weekly or do you think you guys go for larger adventures with more things to do and just make it a monthly event. basically putting 2 bilgerat adventures in 1 patch thus giving you a whole month to test out the next patch and giving players a more relaxed pace of going about the bilgerat adventures as a whole?

• I'm sure I agree with most here, and I know I speak for my group of friends that play SoT. We ALL would prefer a delay in release than a broken build. You've already got us hooked, pun intended, so content being constantly rushed and broken will only force us to pull on the line, and eventually that'll break. So yeh, less bugs and more polish are more than welcome.

Love the game and am super excited to play the new features and expansion!

• Please add ability to join servers with friends. I have far more than 3 that play this game and would love fleet battles on the sea.
    • I can grab the ladder from behind the wheel when I'm on a sloop and it's extremely damaging.
    • Can we please have a warning before you force a server merge on us. Watching loot disappear right in front of you after killing a skull fort sounds terrible. Would have loved to know that I shouldn't have even started the fort battle.
    • Can we possibly get a lazybeard warning too, so players don't just p**f without warning?

Thank you all again
    -Church

• I appreciate your willingness to communicate, and the transparency. However, 1/2 a week before the launch date is a bit short notice for people who love your game so much they use vacation time to play at launch.

I love that you are putting new content in the game on a regular basis, I really do. That said, SLOW down. Every two months is obviously not feasible for your crews. Most games give 1 to 2 updates per year. This allows them ample time to test the update, and fix issues while still hitting their launch date. Learn from their lessons, and give yourselves more time to get it right. The "thanks for your patience" line is starting to wear thin.

Love the game, but honestly have been considering leaving the game behind. You've put a lot into the game, and there is a lot that needs to be fixed.

• @church6633 They said a while back they were working on a way for you to have friends join the same server. But it's still a work in progress. The message that appears on the screen before the merge is the warning but currently it has bug issues they are working on to fix. A lot of players have suggested a 10 minute timer before the actual merge so no one loses any loot before they can get to an outpost to cash it.

• @seldros said in Forsaken Shores - progress update:

My only request is... Please give us the Forsaken Shores website :D

I second.

• Pffff,... had to fix a day off for work. And no this [Mod Edited].. getting annoyed by all those loose ends. 😡

• Is it an open beta for pioneers ?

• @ygnn420 Ahoy matey!

It is open to all pirates that are part of the Pioneer programme - but you need to be invited by Rare into the programme to take part.

Hope that helps :)

• @rotterdam-boss

Ahoy mate, it might be frustrating to hear this in advance, but how much more so not to find out until 19th?

I for one very much welcome the information and conversation we're having with Rare around this and potential issues.

I've edited your language as forum rules prohibit profanity or attempting to bypass the filter.

Swearing is not permitted on the Forums and a profanity filter is in place to block it. Attempts to bypass the profanity filter will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning.

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/45966/sea-of-thieves-official-forum-rules

• @musicmee Thank, i'm a pioneer but the game is only available on pc..

• @ygnn420 That is strange, because your badge isnt showing up here.

You don't have your pioneer badge on the forum, does your account page (https://www.seaofthieves.com/account) have the opt-in function or say that you are a Pioneer?

Also, the game IS avaliable on both PC and Xbox (Including the Pioneer build)

• @musicmee sea dog program and pioneer are different ?

Views
3 out of 152