I feel like This could make a good Instrumental Song.

• So, I found a classic song that was popular in 1550-1750, so would be around when Pirates were sailing, from start of the era to finish. And with how it may be easy for one to translate the singing to an instrument, plus they also kinda do it for themselves, could be VERY good for this game.

On top of that, I would like to see if you guys have any other old songs like this you could suggest here?

Views
  • This is quite a vocal one... but I think there is a good melody behind it.

• @piratecraggy That sounds rather nice, actually. Sadly we probably won't get vocals in Sea of Thieves :/ but might be translated to strings of the gurdy, pipes of the constantine, or beat of the drum.

• @cheatingpirate

There is this classic, think it works without the vocals.
    Melody is pretty strong.

• @piratecraggy That actually IS in the game already. Only plays when you pick up the Chest of a Thousand Grogs

• Now looking at the lyrics of Di P***a M**a, it might be fitting for this game. Despite people here probably not knowing Spanish?

• @cheatingpirate

You are right.... thought I had heard it ....:-)

I must had too much grog already

• @piratecraggy Yep :D and sea of thieves forums already blocked Di P***a M**a. ooof (Roughly translates to Say, the b***h [that] dwells) Basically I am presuming a man asking why the woman has killed him?

• @cheatingpirate

Now... just a random thought....

They could introduce the lyrics to certain shanties as a text line along the bottom of the screen with a bouncing ball, to increase Pirate singing participation. :-)

Like this... ( btw... Bee Gees not a Shanty)

• @piratecraggy OMG That is a VERY good idea. Well... until you take into the squeaker kids into account.

• @piratecraggy Found another nice song that would fit WELL into this game, and rather famous.

• @cheatingpirate

Yeah... I can see that working, a nice classical one.
    Used in a few adverts over the years, but certainly one most would have heard. They should be able to"Shanty-ize" this...:-)

• I'm hoping Rare adds some kind of piano cause I want to play The Entertainer.

• @cheatingpirate this is an awesome idea!! i would love to be able to play that banjo that is in the athena legend area

• @xxxo-star-oxxx Wait when did I mention a banjo? I mean, they are gonna add that eventually. plus a acoustic guitar/ukulele

@BecauseSCIENCE1 What if we had that keyboard/guitar hybrid from the 80/s but for the pirate era? And plays piano keys?

• @piratecraggy said in I feel like This could make a good Shanty.:

This is quite a vocal one... but I think there is a good melody behind it.

I sing that one while on the SoT, sometimes - often subbing in SoT specifics for verses... “We’ll be alright if we make it to the outpost, we’ll be alright, if we make it to the outpost!” That’s the brilliant thing about a song like that.

I also sing my own variation of Shallow Brown...

I’ve started singing Whisky Johnny... (you can also add your own lyrics to this one)

and Farewell, Nancy...

• @bran-the-ent these are all really great. Sadly might not make it to the game. Maybe if they made a instrumental version of this.

• I'm gonna rename this thread to emphasize instrumentals instead of vocals which probably wont make it into the game.

• @cheatingpirate Ummm... songs currently in the game have lyrics. I sing Becalmed a cappella or accompanied by an instrument all the time. Of course, they can make instrumental arrangements of these songs. But Flight of the Valkyries is from an opera, you can find the lyrics to Becalmed in a journal in-game, and it is believed that Grog Mayles has lyrics, too. So, solely instrumental songs shouldn’t be a requirement.

• @bran-the-ent That, I did not know. But what I do mean by these songs is something that is playable on the instruments, and if it was already scripted and on paper they could easily record and insert it into the game.

• @piratecraggy said in I feel like This could make a good Instrumental Song.:

@cheatingpirate

Melody is pretty strong.

Whoa up everyone. Let's just back-up a little an analyze this.
    So according to the lyrics if I get drunk enough I might end up in bed with the captain's daughter?
    A small price to pay ~ glug glug glug ~ but as a team player ~ glug glug glug ~ and drunken pirate, hic ɯɐǝʇ ǝɥʇ ɹoɟ ǝuo ǝʞɐʇ ll,I. ;o)

I think that you'll also find that the song is also hummed by the shipwright at every outpost.

• @admiral-rrrsole said in I feel like This could make a good Instrumental Song.:

@piratecraggy said in I feel like This could make a good Instrumental Song.:

@cheatingpirate

Melody is pretty strong.

Whoa up everyone. Let's just back-up a little an analyze this.
    So according to the lyrics if I get drunk enough I might end up in bed with the captain's daughter?
    A small price to pay ~ glug glug glug ~ but as a team player ~ glug glug glug ~ and drunken pirate, hic ɯɐǝʇ ǝɥʇ ɹoɟ ǝuo ǝʞɐʇ ll,I. ;o)

Yeah... sounds like the Captain's Daughter is getting a raw deal out of this.

Is the Captain on shore leave?
    Is he aware what his crew is up to?
    Is the Captain's Daughter also drunk?
    What kind of crazy punishment is this?
    Definitely more to this story.

edit ( ah... but if the Captain finds the Drunken Sailor with his Daughter, then I could understand the Captain may be a little miffed to say the least )

I'm more scared about the 'rusty razor' line myself.

• @piratecraggy said

PMSL Gee thanks mate.
    She could have scurvy for all we know. Maybe being drunk is the only way to face the delightful monster of the seven seas?

• I must request "Drop it Like it's Hot" by Sloop Dog!

• I've requested this one before: Sailor's Hornpipe

• @admiral-rrrsole @PirateCraggy Maybe the devs could add a version of Good Ship Venus. ;)

(no link provided... intentionally.)

• @admiral-rrrsole said in I feel like This could make a good Instrumental Song.:

@piratecraggy said

PMSL Gee thanks mate.
    She could have scurvy for all we know. Maybe being drunk is the only way to face the delightful monster of the seven seas?

Pretty sure the next verse is 'Have you seen the Captain's Daughter?'

• I would love to have 'Spanish Ladies' as a shanty.
    this isn't the best version of it (it's usually a bit more upbeat when sung as a shanty)

Views
1 out of 28