Dear Mr. Kraken...

• Thank you.

As I solo'd a gold hoarders voyage that lead me to a number of islands near an active skull fort, I paid close attention to the Brig fighting at the fort; primarily to make sure I kept my distance. At the same time, the number of chests on my boat was building up, so I was considered the best place to quickly unload them.

I was at Salty Sands and the closest outpost was Sanctuary. Unfortunately, it was also the closest outpost to Keel Haul, where the Brig was fighting. I was fairly certain they were as aware of my presence as I was of theirs, but I also knew they had a lot more to risk by playing games with another ship (aka: me); especially since they didn't know if I was a single or a duo. Unsure of how much longer they would be fighting, I finished digging up the chests on Salty, weighed the risks, and headed south west (fighting a headwind) to the outpost.

I made the wrong decision.

As I sailed, I looked up into the sky and noticed the skull had disappeared. The Brig's crew had taken down the outpost. I knew it would take them a couple of minutes to unload the booty onto the ship, so I stayed on coarse. Unfortunately, as I got closer to Sanctuary, I saw them speeding east. I quickly decided to change coarse. Surely, they'd sell their loot before screwing with another ship, right?

Wrong...again.

Rather than continue south (towards Golden Sands) and risk getting intercepted, I opted to head east and try to use the wind and islands in my favor. I was able to buy some space by out-navigating them a few times but the Brig's speed allowed them to close gaps almost as quickly as I built them. Then, after a couple of minutes of chase, I saw the most beautiful thing...the Kraken; with its blackish waters and wonderful tentacles. If I hadn't had loot on my ship, I would have turned back to help the creature take down its prey but, alas, I had chests to turn in.

Screw you, Brig.

Thank you, Mr. Kraken.

Views
1 out of 1