Questions about PC playing

• I started playing this game on my pc, but it acts a little differently than when I play it on my xbox. Can i not hear player chat on pc? When i play on xbox, whether I have my headset on or not, I can hear players through my tv. How do I make it so I can hear chat through my computer speakers? I don’t want to make my mic on my computer always stay on, just so i can hear others. Also, when loading the game up, I get a message saying I need a new app, something like ms overlay, but when I go to the microsoft store it says no results. What is this app and what’s the purpose of it as I seem to be able to play it fine without. Final question I have, which drives me crazy, i play woth an xbox controller. How do i make my mouse cursor stop randomly appearing in the middle of my screen?

Views
  • @drummerzone The reason you don't hear most PC players is that we use push to talk for the game and use discord for the voice chat as it is better for us tactically instead of having the enemy crew hear what we are saying.

As for making sure the game is up to date: open the Microsoft store then hit the 3 dotted button go to downloads and updates and finally hit get updates.

In regards to the cursor showing up when you are using the controller, most of the time that should only be happening when you bump the mouse and it swapping to the kb+m layout of the binds.

For sound to be set to go through the pc speakers (which I assume is the output for your headset as well) go into the windows sound settings and set it as the defualt audio and communication device then hit apply.

• @th3xr34p3r everything is set to come through my pc speakers as far as i can tell. I dont think it is an issue with my computer, as when i get chat invites, i can accept them fine and hear people through my computer with no problems. However, i cannot hear them through my speakers while in game if i am not in a chat. I feel like there has to be some kind of permission section or something that i am missing. Any idea how to get it to work? If it helps im on an alienware laptop on windows 10 i just got this year so it should all be up to date stuff

• @drummerzone when you are running the game you can go into App Volume and Device Preferences to set the specific device for it to come out from in 10.

Views
3 out of 4