How do I update the game (PC)

• When I try to log in, I get an error saying "game version mismatch. Please check game updates (lightbeigebeard)"

How does one update the game on PC? I am confused... it appears to not be an auto update... So how do I manually update the files?

Thanks in advance.

Views
  • @marbleatlas Ahoy matey!

All you need to do is visit the Microsoft Store App and click the three little dots next to your avatar... click Downloads and Updates and from there click the button to Check for Updates.

Hope that helps and we have you sailing again soon!

• @musicmee Thank You!!!

• Xbox should take some lessons from Steam.

• @nabberwar said in How do I update the game (PC):

Xbox should take some lessons from Steam.

No way. Steam sucks because it forces game updates on you. It's okay with primarily multiplayer online games but it really is horrible for some single player games when you want to run a specific game version for mods. You have to own the game before the current version, never unistall/reinstall it, or let the game get auto updated. It's a real pain.

• @xpvtx
    You can deactivate auto-updates in steam and then get them when you want them.

• @lil-fokker said in How do I update the game (PC):

@xpvtx

Yep, Steam provides way more control over how your games are managed. Its impressive how terrible the Windows Store and the XBox ecosystem still is considering how much experience Microsoft has with delivering online updates.

@xpvtx

Yeah I already said that in my post. Please re-read it for clarification............... Also, you cannot choose a previous version in a game you've recently purchased or uninstalled.

Bottom line, Steam sucks. Highly overrated.

• @xpvtx
    Ok ok ok.
    Looks for an exit
    It's alright...friend...
    bumps against door jam while backing away.
    Bye!
    P00f of smoke as I disappear

;)

@xpvtx
    Ok ok ok.
    Looks for an exit
    It's alright...friend...
    bumps against door jam while backing away.
    Bye!
    P00f of smoke as I disappear

;)

You are an awkward little man......

Microsoft should follow the example set forth by GOG. You actually own the game. You're purchases aren't just a part of your "Steam Library". Additionally, there is no DRM, and you choose to update your games, use mods, and roll back updates you've applied as you see fit. You of course have to run a specific version when playing online multiplayer games.

The only thing Steam partially got right is their approach to VR. At the end of the day though Steam is still nothing more than a slightly better version of Origin with all of their rules and regulations and restrictions. However, Steam's company culture and ethics remain equal to Electronic Arts.

• @xpvtx said in How do I update the game (PC):

Microsoft should follow the example set forth by GOG. You actually own the game.

This isn't true for any game - you have a license to use the game (EULA), but you don't actually own any of them and your license can be revoked.

Views
10 out of 11