small tale of a solo sloop becoming pirate legend.

• not much of a story here, but it's been a long time coming and i think this story will be one i'll hold near and dear to my heart.

after grinding and grinding for months, i knew tonight would finally be my last night as a basic pirate. my friend and i set a time, finishing up all obligations beforehand to ensure we'd be ready, and hopped online.

slight problem, though. apparently, tonight had to be the night the xbox app has issues. it refused to let my friend log in, but i managed to pop on. we waited, she tried a few things here and there while i did a few merchant voyages, but after an hour she'd given up. we decided to give up our night of pirating in favor of another game... but i couldn't give up just yet. i asked her to wait a few minutes, let me do this last voyage that should push my final level up into fifty.

i hurried, collecting and turning in everything as quick as possible... and that's when i saw it. the smallest sliver between 49 and 50.... quietly taunting me. i threw down another voyage, grabbed only the chicken coop, and set off on a determined voyage from galleons to ancient, looking to pick up my final golden chicken at barnacle cay.

sea of thieves, of course, wasn't going to let me have an easy voyage. i was against the win the entire time. meg came and said hello not once, but twice. on my second meg visit, she popped in just as i had to sail through a rough storm, using the wildly spinning wheel the best i could to safely dock and pop onto the island.... leaving with a golden chicken and a quick lightning bolt to my pirate before making my getaway.

i didn't bother docking. it had been a long voyage, i was exhausted and my friend had been waiting. with chicken in hand, i sailed my boat right into the dock and jumped off, turning the golden hen in. i'd done it. my final rep knocked up to level 50.

finally, a pirate legend!

Views
  • @valenion That's awesome. Congrats on reaching that milestone.
    It's a bit lackluster though. No ticker-tape parade, confetti or marching band. :/
    Make sure you get the last titles from each of the three factions and see the mysterious person in the tavern.

My story was similar in only having that tiny sliver of rep left before the server crashed and we called it quits for the night. The next days it ticked over with either one or both of the pigs I handed in.

Views
1 out of 2