GPGS (Go Pound your Golden Sands) Crossplay

• Officially tonight you have lost three players that will never pick up a Rare game ever again. I’ve simply had enough of the imbalance between PC and XBox. We are not “newbs” and have been playing FPS and MMORPG games for over 10 years each cumulative around 35-40 years between the three of us. To have a PC player dance around our ship for 10 minutes one shot killing us with a sniper rifle in close quarters was the last straw. We’ve had enough of the FPS and aim advantage defacto afforded to PC players and have decided to quit because of it. I hope you all come to the realization that console and PC crossplay cannot cohabitate in some game scenarios and address crossplay with an option like most other crossplay games, before your open world vision ends with only your PC player base. Anyone who fails to acknowledge the PROVEN PC advantage in many cross play scenarios needs to return to basic networking and processor school (it cannot be denied, it’s simple fact). I’m sure many programmers for Rare are highly educated and know for an empirical fact that this is an issue, hopefully they’ll speak up. Until then, I wish you all luck and I’ll see you when this issue is addressed.

Views
  • Can I have your stuff?

• @tanglyrumble00 "Anyone who fails to acknowledge the PROVEN PC advantage in many cross play scenarios needs to return to basic networking and processor school (it cannot be denied, it’s simple fact)."

hello, xbox player here, you can still kill a PC player believe me I've done it plenty of times. its all up to strategy and how you play the game. they made it so that the xbox sensitivity can be on par with a PC's now. so it seems that personal skill is at fault here.

• @omega-131313 said in GPGS (Go Pound your Golden Sands) Crossplay:

@tanglyrumble00 "Anyone who fails to acknowledge the PROVEN PC advantage in many cross play scenarios needs to return to basic networking and processor school (it cannot be denied, it’s simple fact)."

hello, xbox player here, you can still kill a PC player believe me I've done it plenty of times. its all up to strategy and how you play the game. they made it so that the xbox sensitivity can be on par with a PC's now. so it seems that personal skill is at fault here.

sensitivity is increased but the resolution of a hand holding a mouse versus a thumb on a short throw stick is not comparable. The point an click Mouse will win. Since they were able to turn up the sensitively on Controllers, why don't they reduce the sensitivity on the mouse?

• @sprungnickel427 I think you are on to something. Honestly I have said for quite some time, put a small handicap on PC players abilities to even out the differences. While there is PvP in this game, and the tension it brings is awesome, it is clear that the game itself is heading towards more PvE. The game is not solely a PvP game, so therefore someone having an advantage over others because of a better setup just doesn't add up. If this were a competitive PvP game and that is all it was, then I could see it. But because this is a sandbox game, all players should be on a level playing field and the only way to truly do that is to put some sort of regulator in place that balances the field of play. Regulate PC and Xbox peeps so that no matter what their set up is, they can't exceed certain caps for performance.

• @nofears-fun said in GPGS (Go Pound your Golden Sands) Crossplay:

@sprungnickel427 I think you are on to something. Honestly I have said for quite some time, put a small handicap on PC players abilities to even out the differences. While there is PvP in this game, and the tension it brings is awesome, it is clear that the game itself is heading towards more PvE. The game is not solely a PvP game, so therefore someone having an advantage over others because of a better setup just doesn't add up. If this were a competitive PvP game and that is all it was, then I could see it. But because this is a sandbox game, all players should be on a level playing field and the only way to truly do that is to put some sort of regulator in place that balances the field of play. Regulate PC and Xbox peeps so that no matter what their set up is, they can't exceed certain caps for performance.

Handicap us and you will regret it.

It’s a fact that MKB is better for FPS games, and I’m honestly stunned that people expected anything less. While MKB support for Xbox may be a ways away, just remember that there are those odd salts who play PC games with a controller.

• @personalc0ffee said in GPGS (Go Pound your Golden Sands) Crossplay:

@blam320 said in GPGS (Go Pound your Golden Sands) Crossplay:

@nofears-fun said in GPGS (Go Pound your Golden Sands) Crossplay:

@sprungnickel427 I think you are on to something. Honestly I have said for quite some time, put a small handicap on PC players abilities to even out the differences. While there is PvP in this game, and the tension it brings is awesome, it is clear that the game itself is heading towards more PvE. The game is not solely a PvP game, so therefore someone having an advantage over others because of a better setup just doesn't add up. If this were a competitive PvP game and that is all it was, then I could see it. But because this is a sandbox game, all players should be on a level playing field and the only way to truly do that is to put some sort of regulator in place that balances the field of play. Regulate PC and Xbox peeps so that no matter what their set up is, they can't exceed certain caps for performance.

Handicap us and you will regret it.

It’s a fact that MKB is better for FPS games, and I’m honestly stunned that people expected anything less. While MKB support for Xbox may be a ways away, just remember that there are those odd salts who play PC games with a controller.

Hey I'm one of those.

I'm still killing PC players, though.

Good on you, then.

• Waiting for the response from the crossplay megathread be like:

https://images.baklol.com/Waiting-for-a-Response-0602830111499600494.jpeg

• A keyboard and mouse is for browsing the web and writing word documents. Be a real human being and use a gamepad for gaming. It's in the name... gamepad.

EDIT: Maybe I'm just one of these "old salts," but a controller feels so much more natural for gaming.

• @jonaldinho said in GPGS (Go Pound your Golden Sands) Crossplay:

A keyboard and mouse is for browsing the web and writing word documents. Be a real human being and use a gamepad for gaming. It's in the name... gamepad.

EDIT: Maybe I'm just one of these "old salts," but a controller feels so much more natural for gaming.

Gamepads are great for racing, stealth and fighting.

MKB is better for FPS, MOBA, and RTS. They each have advantages and disadvantages.

• @blam320 you misunderstand me and that is my fault. I simply mean put caps on everyone. No one can move faster than x and no one can aim faster than x. Not trying to favor one over the other. Just an idea if it is possible to guarantee equality.

• cya, dude. I'll just go back to owning on my xbox, now.

• @nofears-fun said in GPGS (Go Pound your Golden Sands) Crossplay:

@blam320 you misunderstand me and that is my fault. I simply mean put caps on everyone. No one can move faster than x and no one can aim faster than x. Not trying to favor one over the other. Just an idea if it is possible to guarantee equality.

I think you’ll anger a lot of PC players doing that.

• @blam320 Why, because the playing field would be even for everyone? I play both, but I do prefer my Console, mostly because of my 60" and lazy boy. LOL

• @tanglyrumble00 said in GPGS (Go Pound your Golden Sands) Crossplay:

Officially tonight you have lost three players that will never pick up a Rare game ever again. I’ve simply had enough of the imbalance between PC and XBox. We are not “newbs” and have been playing FPS and MMORPG games for over 10 years each cumulative around 35-40 years between the three of us. To have a PC player dance around our ship for 10 minutes one shot killing us with a sniper rifle in close quarters was the last straw. We’ve had enough of the FPS and aim advantage defacto afforded to PC players and have decided to quit because of it. I hope you all come to the realization that console and PC crossplay cannot cohabitate in some game scenarios and address crossplay with an option like most other crossplay games, before your open world vision ends with only your PC player base. Anyone who fails to acknowledge the PROVEN PC advantage in many cross play scenarios needs to return to basic networking and processor school (it cannot be denied, it’s simple fact). I’m sure many programmers for Rare are highly educated and know for an empirical fact that this is an issue, hopefully they’ll speak up. Until then, I wish you all luck and I’ll see you when this issue is addressed.

I'm just here to let you know that you are garbage. Don't make excuses for yourself. Adding your years of gaming experience just makes you sound like an even bigger baby. You didn't lose because of any disparity between PC and XBOX. That you are grown adults throwing a tantrum like this over losing to someone in a game is just pathetic.

• @kzoo-kid Personal attacks hardly make you any better.

• @knifelife said in GPGS (Go Pound your Golden Sands) Crossplay:

@kzoo-kid Personal attacks hardly makes you any better.

Agreed!

• @TanglyRumble00 As the opening post of this thread is a "goodbye" post, rather than a discussion for the community to partake in, it will now be locked. While we understand your intention is to share why you are leaving, this type of thread draws negative reaction rather than constructive discussion. Please ensure that posts you make foster legitimate constructive conversation rather than inciting argument with other players.

Views
17 out of 18