Sea Of Casual Friends!

• So this will be my last post, Rare has forgotten they made a pvp game, a really really good pvp game, all of there new "content" is designed to make friends and play casually, i hope they turn it around to what this game could actually be, but thank you for the adventures, the fights on the open seas, the treasures, the fun i have had playing this game non stop since day 1. i will be ending my streams and taking down videos and posts, have fun players. P.S. please sink a ship once in a while rather then making them a friend!

Views
  • Please stay at least until they add cooking. There will be so many different ingredients to collect from barrels and so many amazing recipes to cook. Maybe we even get a cook-off mode where you can challenge opposing crews to a friendly cooking competition. 😜

• There own definition is a S.W.A.G:
    Shared World Adventure Game.

PvP is but an addition to the game. The game is not primarily focused of PvP hence why the combat is basic. I fear that might be why you are not getting the full potential out of the game because you are seeing it as something it is not.

• Sounds like he would prefer a more Day Z like experience, kill on sight rules of engagement.

Dont the Reapers mark and cursed cannonballs sound like new pvp additions to SoT?

• @sanni Overcooked has levels on ships at sea. Why add that here?

• @knifelife @Barnabas-Seadog his point is the game has evolved from what it once was. There was more excitement on the seas when every ship was potentially dangerous. This helped take away from the voyage grind. The world needs a bad guy and the AI isn't as fearful as other players. We used to look at the horizon before opening the skull fort, for the scoundrels who waited for it to be defeated and sweep in to steal the treasure. It sucked when we lost that fight, but it got the excitement flowing. The fear we might lose what we worked for helped lead to better stories to tell as we fought off different ships to turn in the loot.

I am not quitting the game as others are, but let's not deny that the pvp helped provide something the game lacks; an active threat on each voyage. The peaceful nature of most crews has calmed the seas. Maybe it will pick back up in a few weeks.

• Rare didn't create a PvP game at all. As others have said its a SWAG.
    Shared World Adventure Game!
    You make some great friends at sea or even bring existing ones and create whatever adventures you like together
    You wanna just PvP play Fortnite or PUBG perhaps? That's PvP!

• @d-jaguar I understand what you are saying bud. I things will go back to normal after this event.

I think what’s causing a lot of calmness on the seas at the moment is this events Legenday commendation. Having to do 30 voyages with the reapers mark is taking a while so that’s my personal belief:)

• @sanni said in Sea Of Casual Friends!:

Please stay at least until they add cooking. There will be so many different ingredients to collect from barrels and so many amazing recipes to cook. Maybe we even get a cook-off mode where you can challenge opposing crews to a friendly cooking competition. 😜

This made me giggle. 😂 Very funny sir.

• The thing is, they didn't make anyone to change nor changed the game on the PvP aspect... People changed by their own willing...

They only added features for us to enjoy voyages with other we may encounter on the sea.. nobody is forced to make alliances and be friendly with others.

If people changed in that way is because people wanted and find it more fun and enjoyable.

Let's see, what do we have in this new event?
    1 (ONE) commendation to make 1 (ONE!!) voyages under the alliance flag.

Then we have commendations for PVP, one for each cannonball. And the rest requires us to be visible Everytime for others do whatever they want to do with that information on the map...

Said this, where do they forced us to be friends??

• If you watch the latest weekly Dev stream on twitch or Mixer with joe Neate Exec Producer, you get the culture of the leadership of this game. Joe wants to be friends with everyone and this is a Rare Ltd. culture thing that will be baked into the game.
    As for PVP, I find plenty of it every session be simply sailing towards another boat. See what they want to do. 50/50 fight or friend/alliance.

• @algaram If you want, you can still attack other players, nobody is stopping you. Before The Hungering Deep, the game was all about combat, no ship was friendly and if they were, they would betray you in the end unless you did it first. Rare noticed this and decided to let players know they can be friendly with other crews as well. With Cursed Crews, others crews are not so friendly anymore.

• Sorry to see that you are leaving. But to leave you with these things. You say that they're just adding PVE stuff, and yet they added the Reapers Mark that should draw other ships in or let you know where other ships are so you can attack them. Then they also added cursed cannonballs which add a new element to PVP. I feel that you are mad at the game for other reasons I personally love to PVP in this game even though I'm not very good at it. I still hope that you find what you're looking for and that you return to the Sea of Thieves. Good luck and safe voyages in life.

• I'm mad as heck and I'm not going to take it anymo.....oh, look! A shipwreck!

• @nunoazuldimeter said in Sea Of Casual Friends!:

The thing is, they didn't make anyone to change nor changed the game on the PvP aspect... People changed by their own willing...

They only added features for us to enjoy voyages with other we may encounter on the sea.. nobody is forced to make alliances and be friendly with others.

If people changed in that way is because people wanted and find it more fun and enjoyable.

Let's see, what do we have in this new event?
    1 (ONE) commendation to make 1 (ONE!!) voyages under the alliance flag.

Then we have commendations for PVP, one for each cannonball. And the rest requires us to be visible Everytime for others do whatever they want to do with that information on the map...

Said this, where do they forced us to be friends??

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• @gatorwocky Sounds like the start of a twisted sister song xD

• We're not gonna keg it
    No! We ain't gonna get it!

• Has anyone on this thread actually watched the Tuesday livestreams? Joe specifically answers that they are working on stuff for competitive players which includes pvp

• @gatorwocky +100,000! Well played sir...Well played.

• The CCB's and barrel UI have made combat atrocious. It doesn't matter what they add now.

• Not even bare knuckle nose boops?

Views
1 out of 22