Karma at its finest! FT: Tartansnake-8 #Noobosapiens #BeMorePirate

• Gather round one and all raise a grog, holster you’re firearms and let me share the tale of a sloop, alliance, betrayal and vengeance from two Noobosapiens: @KnifeLife and @Tartansnake-8

I was casually sailing and started stocking up at a fort on my lonesome, out of nowhere a blunderbuss shot to the back. The sound was deafening and I jumped about 40 foot out of my seat... Tartan had joined my session and thought it would be funny to try and give me a heart attack.

We started sailing and doing voyages as he was being a true PL and helping me on the way to forge mine. My voyage had an“X” marks the spot, and it took us to Shipwreck bay where a Galleon was parked. Being the all round great guys we are (xD) we asked for an alliance and was promptly thrown in to one which had multiple ships. (It was a shame because I loved being in the Soap Dodgers).

One of the crew mates of there ship jumped aboard ours, they was French so there was a language barrier and the tone of the orders he was barking at us where arrogant at best. He wanted us to accept his quest, to avoid conflict we did and got given a rubbish one with one “X” even though our previous had 4. We dug up the chest and left them to there business.

As a disclaimer I believe they thought we where true ”Noobosapiens” ....I mean we definitely dressed the part ;)

https://screenshotscontent-d5002.xboxlive.com/xuid-2533274815446464-private/f9e9c76e-1557-4fa9-815e-9f7f36a11eb4.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=LniuG%2BhSz27QnA%2B9xnTYQ0eqHxkiqoazajL9dq0HFPk%3D

About 30 minuets had passed and we saw a skullfort and decided to head for it. We saw the Galleon there and figured we are allies so we can help out and let them keep the loot, after all we will still get paid and I only wanted the rep. As we approached they opened fire on us and told us to leave they killed Tartan and I was busy repairing, Our anchor was dropped and they boarded and raised it while I was bailing which sent us off. We thought fair enough we are going to get paid either way and got on with our day.

We decided to do some Merchant quests with that being my lowest (28 No laughing!) and Tartans favourite voyage type. He threw one down and low and behold we ended up at Snake island (Suprise Suprise...) We ran around and gathered what we needed and was about to set sail, the sails where dropped and we started heading to the outpost. Our allied Galleon approached us at speed, they was flying right at us, we tried to dodge but didn’t have time. They rammed us and three of there crew boarded, the other barraged our ship with cannon fire. They where pirate legends with the new gear. They killed
    us both before we could say we was in the Alliance and then proceeded to spawn camp our sloop. On three occasions i spawned in and had the 3 of them staring at me with there swords to send me back to the ferry. They killed all of our animals in the cages, they wasn’t here for a payout. Tartan had the same treatment with his spawns and was shocked as to why they was doing this since there was no incentive and they where losing out on money to. I welcomed him to EU servers haha.

Needless to say the ship was gone and we got spawned on the other side of the map. Vengeance was in order! There only mistake was not leaving the Alliance and presuming because we was wearing the starter clothes and title with no ship decal that we would just run of crying into the sunset.

First we went back to snake island to see if any of our pets had survived. They had, there was 2 snakes in the water and obviously Tartan was not going to leave them for Davy Jones. Not on his island so close to his Snake basket Easter egg! On board they came to get some vengeance to!

By now the Galleon of Legends was at sailers bounty on the complete opposite side of the map. It took us about 30 minuets to get to them and they had long forgotten about the two little Noobosapiens they had wronged.

Tartan swung the ship to there left broadside while I jumped overboard with a powderkeg and swam below them. (The two powderkegs we had was what they left at the ruins of our sloop so it was a fitting gift) The timing seemed perfect my keg exploded as Tartan opened fire on the cannons, I boarded there ship and went straight to there crows nest. They was kind enough to leave me some explosive presents up there which I was eternally grateful for. I lit the fuses and proceeded to drop them on the heads of the crew who were firing back at Tartan.

Tartan was raining down fire and brimstone with the cannon, he killed the two making repairs with precision shots and I got the two counter firing him. The ship sunk and I blew myself up by accident. I met our 4 adversary’s on the ferry who didn’t say anything they just stared a me in there glowing outfits. Naturally I gave them a wave and asked them: “What brings you here?” It would have been rude not to.

I spawned back and had never seen so much loot in all my time playing. (I wish I took a screenshot) There was about 60-80 items just floating in the ocean ripe for the taking.

Justice was delivered and Karma served. We salavaged what we could but there was just to much to get it all and we knew that they would be coming straight back. We got maybe 40% on board and all the best stuff we could grab and made a tracks. The rest sank. We deliberately sailed on the edge of the map to the wilds we didn’t want to be predictable and go to the closest outpost. We left the alliance so we could not be tracked...and because they deserved nothing. We laughed our way to the bank and made roughly 30k each. Not bad for a single Merchant voyage!

But let that be a lesson and warning to crews who believe they are better than others because there Gear is shinier and ships bigger. Everyone is equal on the SoT and looks can be very deceiving indeed.

https://screenshotscontent-d3001.xboxlive.com/xuid-2533274815446464-private/9c2bc923-71e7-4316-b6fa-9cae26b4fa14.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=wClYQk6MPDpSIfRvPzvBpOWzkYES6wbx6hWwKV7XXf8%3D

Videos courtesy of Tartan:

Tartans Perspective:

KnifeLifes perspective:

These clips where taken from the Xbox DVR so the quality is not the best as obviously we was focusing on revenge and not getting good angles or videos, that was an after thought.

Views
  • Just as an addendum. A massive thanks to Tartan for jumping in and making the session one that I will always remember whenever I reflect back on my time in the Sea Of Thieves!

Love it or hate it, it’s social situations like these that make Sea Of Thieves a truly unique game which you just can’t get with scripted events.

• @knifelife

Hahaha! This was an absolutely cracking tale - love the fact you went back and surprised them as well as rescuing the snakes!

• @katttruewalker Well you know what Tartans like with his snakes haha! It was his first priority while I was crying revenge xD

But he was right and they got to come along for the ride aswell and got there chance at a shot of vengeance so who am I to deny Mother Nature. :P

• @knifelife Haha! Revenge of the Noobasapians!!
    Definitely funny to see you guys sinks that galleon.

And the moral from this tale-
    Do not underestimate the noobasapian, they might be legends in disguise haha

• @stacky-a The Noobosapien are an unpredictable bunch, you never know what you are going to get.
    And there was only one legend aboard our ship and it wasn't me, but halfway thereeeeee ....Ohhhhhh living on a prayer!! (Couldnt resist xD) But in all honestly it couldnt have happened to a more deserving crew, it really couldn't.

And it was nice giving Tartan a taste of EU servers again. Especially with the French crew who was waving the Jolly Rodger to PvP and when we approached peacefully for an alliance they surrendered for no apparent reason Pmsl!

Shame you couldnt join us, but by the sounds of the Tartans headset background noise yourcats where breaking alliances of there own paha!

• @knifelife haha, shame but I was happy just watching and yes those cats! They were misbehaving more than usual the little brats.

• @stacky-a Well the new event starts tomorrow, so im sure we will all team up at some point. I mean it wouldnt be a Sea of Thieves event if i didnt have you and Tartan to carry me through it! XD

• @knifelife Yep for sure, definitely keen to check out the new bilge rat adventures!

• Very funny! Those Legend were to cocky!

• @knifelife

I’ve had many great memories while sailing the SoT seas and this will rank near the top. What I love is that you never know what’s going to unfold. I thought I’d jump on for a wee bit, knock out a few quests then retire for the night. Oh was I in for a surprise.

I get the hostility at the fort, even though we’re in an alliance, as they didn’t want some noobosapians getting in the way. But to ram, spawn camp & kill the animals on an alliance ship just didn’t make sense to me. The only conclusion I could come up with, which I told you at the time, was that they’ll take all the free income from the ships in the alliance then drop out before cashing in their own loot.

I was almost ready to carry on with the merchant voyage and probably would have done so if they hadn’t slayed my snakes. Got a wee good luck snake kiss before unloading my barrage of cannonballs followed by some celebratory snake kisses as the galleon sunk.

Definitely the most amount of loot I’ve personally seen in game after sinking a ship. Was a shame we couldn’t grab it all but it would’ve just taken too long with the two of us. Still got a decent payday and the satisfaction karma was served.

• @tartansnake-8 Yeah it was nuts, I thought it was going to be a nice and relaxed session aswell. Well that was before you almost gave me heart failure when you joined my ship and shot me on the back haha!

It just went from nuts to insane from there. I just wish I could have been a fly in the wall in there party at the time..

• @knifelife ahoy may I just say this is a great tale👍🏽 Never judge a book by its cover, #bemorepirate Slooptastic...

• @skunkym0nk3y Thank you my man, it was a great experience and won’t be forgotten anytime soon. :)

• @knifelife Sorry but this has nothing to do with karma, it's just cold revenge.

• @crimsonraziel I’m not patient enough to wait for Karma, so I just hand out my own variant.

And apology accepted. :P

• @knifelife said in Karma at its finest! FT: Tartansnake-8 #Noobosapiens #BeMorePirate:

@crimsonraziel I’m not patient enough to wait for Karma, so I just hand out my own variant.

And apology accepted. :P

What apology? o0

• @crimsonraziel You said sorry, I forgive you. :)

Views
1 out of 18