Tips for fighting the Crew of the Siren's Gale?

• Hi all,

this evening will be my last chance to win the battles in all regions, but I am really struggling to get the battle agains the Siren's Gale crew right. Whenever the "sails up" cannon balls hit, I feel like I immediately get a skeleton ship to both port and starport and getting hits from both sides, rendering my crew unmovable and hardly able to fight back due to repairing. Any tips?

Views
  • @greenwarfare423 the easiest way for me is to do it on a sloop.
    As the effect is going on you turn the ship wheel to one side, forget about cannon and focus on repair and pouring water out.
    The effect runs off, lower the sails and finish your repairs.
    Let your ship ram the skeleton ships and while close to it bail the water out of your ship directly to theirs.
    Do not care about repair in that situation because the enemy wont fire at you.
    Only fix the last hole when the enemy ship get distance from group and then fire at them keeping a circular trajectory but try to gain aim to their back of the ship.

Once you master this everything will be much easier.

• Circle behind the ship board it with gunpowder, stay alive and kill skellys repairing their ship...

• Get to the event with minimum 10 kegs, board ship with keg light it and drop it after first stairs, run to lower deck, get into the brig, they can't hit you through it, you kill them at the door until they sink. And so on. GL

• @greenwarfare423 It’s a cheese but it’s helped me when I have been doing it with a solo crew.

Just park up next to one of the rocks so only one of your sides are showing. The ships will continually circle the rock sometimes crashing into each other but also giving you time to repair and some breathing room.

Also when they finally sink you can go resupply at barrels and grab the loot as the next wave will not spawn until you sail away from the rock.

Then when it does go back to the rock and rinse and repeat. Those cursed cannon balls won’t effect you because you will be anchored anyway. The only ones I hate are the sleeper ones aha

• @knifelife

Yup, this is the best way to do it / any of them.

• Wish I had read this all last night, tried it in a solo sloop as was the last chance I would get and I've done the other 2. I was hoping there would be someone else about who wanted to give it ago, but alas it was a barren sea.
    It was the dropping of sails that did for me as I just couldn't keep up with the repairs.
    Also, didn't help that once I re-spawned, re-stocked and re-entered the fray, the Meg joined in and then, when I picked up a gunpowder barrel, i got hit by lightning.
    The Sea Gods clearly didn't want me to get that last commendation......

Views
1 out of 7