The Giving Tree on Crescent Isle

• The Giving Tree
    Some of you may have seen this tree. There is a great big oak that stands on top of the hill on Crescent Isle. Unlike any other tree on the isle, nothing like the palms around it. Most are attracted to this tree, but there must be someone who arrives first. His name was Captain John N. F. He was an early explorer to the sea of thieves. A man known for his greed. He was so greedy that he dared not share his last name with anyone, not even his mother.

He first arrived nearly a year ago. While exploring the Western edge of the map, his eye caught a glimpse of this magnificent tree. A tree like no other, unique and sole. He turned his sloop towards the island, anxious to see this tree in person. Though he arrived fast, he forgot to drop his anchor, crashing him onto the beach. As the small sloop sank, Captain John N. F. started up the hill towards his prize. He arrived at the top of the hill as the sloop gave out its last bubble of breath. Standing under the tree, Captain John N. F. was mesmerized. The sturdiness of the wood, the reach of the canopy, and the height of its reign over the other trees were too much for Captain John. N. F.
    "You are mine," said Captain John N. F. After speaking those powerful words he surprisingly heard a voice.
    "What is it you seek?" whispered the mysterious voice.
    "I seek to see before any other man so that I can claim what I find first," replied Captain John N. F.
    The great tree began to shake with power as Captain John N. F.'s vision changed. He was given The Sight of The Pioneer. He could now see events and changes weeks, sometimes even months in advance. He could now achieve hidden mysteries before anyone else. Captain John. N. F. was marooned on the island, but this was no burden anymore. He cut down the palm trees to create a new boat that no one has ever seen, The Brigantine. With a new vessel faster and lighter than a galleon, he sailed off to claim the unknown first.

A few months later he returned. His ship was full of priceless artifacts. Captain John N. F. sat down at the base of the mighty tree once again.
    "What is it you seek?" The mysterious voice asked again.
    "I have claimed all that is new and unique that no one has ever seen, yet my name is still not known! I seek to become a legend," yelled Captain John N. F. Once again, the giant tree shook with power as both Captain John N. F., and his ship changed. Captain John N. F. became adorned with rich purple cloth and golden chains. His ship altered to a deep purple with bright purple and yellow sails. The front changed to a unicorn with a glowing horn. Captain John N. F. laughed with joy and left on his brand new boat, eager to hear those shout his name in awe.

This time it did not take Captain John N. F. long to return. Less than a week later he came sailing into the harbor, crashing his ship against the dock. He stomped up to the tree and yelled with furry,
    "You did not give me what I seeked! I went out to sea and saw others like me! I was not new; I was not unique! You have accursed me!" In his anger, he pulled out his sword and started carving into the tree 'Captain John N. F. Property.'
    "This will be only my legacy," he sobbed. He sat down with his back on the tree, a broken man.
    "What is it you seek?" whispered the mysterious voice. This time, Captain John N. F. heard the words vibrate from the giant tree. Captain John N. F. looked up at the branches.
    "Give me what I truly desire, tree," he said with a cry, "I have a desire to be remembered for eternity!" For the first time, the tree replied.
    "So it shall be." With the sound of air whipping past his neck, Captain John N. F.'s head fell to his lap.
    "Now you shall be remembered for eternity," proudly stated by the tree. For the first time in its life, the tree was happy.

Views
    story & lore
  • I LOVE THIS!!!

• 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

• Not sure if the picture loaded right so here is the link. https://www.dropbox.com/s/vwf1zr934996lzi/The Giving Tree.png?dl=0&raw=1

• Ye wrote from the past life John. N.F. i'll sail to the place on Cresent Isle to find a dead man past his prime?

Views
story & lore
4 out of 5