Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.3

• @treefittymonsta said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.3:

@bran-the-ent said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.3:

@khaleesibot Here's hoping they adjust the EQ for the next patch - kinda tired of the exceeding amount of booming bass whenever I go to an island, pass an island, do a sunken ship (and for the Meg, to be honest - I don't know why it needs to sound like a freight train in a gravel pit.) I see what they were trying to do with the island/sunken ship banners, but it feels unnecessary and the bass is way too much.

I wish there was an option to disable the ribbon altogether. It's annoying because it covers up your health and bullet quantity hud.

Also yes. Maybe an alpha value for it or change the HUD z-axis value to be above the letterboxes.

• @pasha-entreri said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.3:

@treefittymonsta #11 has been that way since the alpha mate. Not sure when it became less than common knowledge that that's the way the physics work for some reason. I've told people about this repeatedly since launch but some havent believed me and would still turn sails from straight ahead.

The smaller ship is meant to be faster than the bigger when going against the wind, they achieve this activating a speed boost when the sails are turned against the wind. However if the Galleon can now outrun the Brig and Sloop against the wind then that is a recent new bug. I haven't tested it myself but I've heard the bug mentioned previously in one of the interviews (somebody called it "Sails to Stupid").

• I also don't want to have SOT to go the same route as Dayz and PUBG. I uninstalled those games because they were riddled bugs. PUBG is trying to save face with 'Fix PUBG' patch but I doubt I will play it again after my experience with bugs in their game.

7.Bass boom as you approach island is rumbling my bass tube crazy and annoying in headphones. Not necessarily a bug but damn its annoying.

Turn down your bass or replace your c****y headphones. It’s not supposed to sound like that. 😀

• @genuine-heather said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.3:

@treefittymonsta said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.3:

7.Bass boom as you approach island is rumbling my bass tube crazy and annoying in headphones. Not necessarily a bug but damn its annoying.

Turn down your bass or replace your c****y headphones. It’s not supposed to sound like that. 😀

I have Logitech g633 headset and Sony 5.1 surround system. The bass is still excessive in SOT. No other game do I have bass issues except for SOT. I am not jacking with my settings Everytime I jump on SOT. They need to add an audio option.

Oh btw I had no sound issues in SOT until last week's patch. And when I put a bug report in on it. SOT responded with they are aware of the issue, so its not my hardware that's an issue.

@genuine-heather said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.3:

I have Logitech g633 headset and Sony 5.1 surround system. The bass is still excessive in SOT. No other game do I have bass issues except for SOT. I am not jacking with my settings Everytime I jump on SOT. They need to add an audio option.

Oh btw I had no sound issues in SOT until last week's patch.

That consumer stuff is always way too bass heavy. I play in my recording studio with thousands of dollars worth of audio equipment, so what I hear is pretty true to the way it was intended.

While I personally think the “bass rumble” was unnecessary and a bit over the top, it shouldn’t be making your headphones rattle. If it does...you have a problem.

That consumer stuff is always way too bass heavy. I play in my recording studio with thousands of dollars worth of audio equipment, so what I hear is pretty true to the way it was intended.

While I personally think the “bass rumble” was unnecessary and a bit over the top, it shouldn’t be making your headphones rattle. If it does...you have a problem.

It's not my headphones that are rattling it's when I have sot over my surround sound. It rattles my apartment lol. Only thing that makes my bass tube scream like that is some heavy dubstep or other music.

It's not my headphones that are rattling it's when I have sot over my surround sound. It rattles my apartment lol. Only thing that makes my bass tube scream like that is some heavy dubstep or other music.

Hahah! Well there’s your problem, silly. Turn it down a notch. LOL...

Hahah! Well there’s your problem, silly. Turn it down a notch. LOL...

If it was as simple as that I would already do it. Rare has already acknowledged it's a problem.

• @treefittymonsta it might just be part of the lag, but skeles with guns are shooting without aiming and firing while reloading.

• @m1sterpunch said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.3:

I'm not sure why the THX-like low frequency "Thooom" was added to island title approach but it is unnecessary and many folks have said it actually makes them uncomfortable. More than a reason to remove it IMO.

I noticed this too and I actually like the added boom lol

• @seraphim-grdian said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.3:

@treefittymonsta it might just be part of the lag, but skeles with guns are shooting without aiming and firing while reloading.

Thanks bud I'll add it to my known issues. Somebody's gotta keep track of these things.

• @treefittymonsta It's unfortunate that it's considered the norm with new games to be bug fests. From what I've seen and heard, "State of Decay 2" can certainly be added to that list.

Here's one I didn't see on your list. It's certainly not game breaking but...

Crew mates spawn as green skeletons ever since the Cursed Sails event started.

Yesterday we were doing a skull fort and my regular crew mate / helmsman was the skeleton this time.
    To some it may not be an issue but when I see a skeleton figure carrying a powder keg I have but only one instinct. lol Sorry about that chief.

It's the sixth time it's happened to six different crew members (counting myself) over the past three weeks.

• @khaleesibot So it's the same 3 crews from week 3 then?

• @sten-whik said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.3:

The smaller ship is meant to be faster than the bigger when going against the wind, they achieve this activating a speed boost when the sails are turned against the wind. However if the Galleon can now outrun the Brig and Sloop against the wind then that is a recent new bug. I haven't tested it myself but I've heard the bug mentioned previously in one of the interviews (somebody called it "Sails to Stupid").

The sloop is still the fastes ship with headwind, then the brig and at last the galleon.
    But when you have headwind ifyou turn your sails straight, you get the max speed you can get against the wind. Not the max speed you would get with tailwind.

This is a feature that has been like that since launch.
    If you have headwind, turn your sails straight to go as fast as possible.

• Sadly I still haven't received my legendary commendation for the 50 skelly boats dont know what's causing it I finished my stuff on week two do I have to complete it again?

• @admiral-rrrsole said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.3:

@treefittymonsta It's unfortunate that it's considered the norm with new games to be bug fests. From what I've seen and heard, "State of Decay 2" can certainly be added to that list.

Here's one I didn't see on your list. It's certainly not game breaking but...

Crew mates spawn as green skeletons ever since the Cursed Sails event started.

Yesterday we were doing a skull fort and my regular crew mate / helmsman was the skeleton this time.
    To some it may not be an issue but when I see a skeleton figure carrying a powder keg I have but only one instinct. lol Sorry about that chief.

It's the sixth time it's happened to six different crew members (counting myself) over the past three weeks.

Good one. I keep forgetting about this one. It's happened to me twice. When it happened me, my crew mates couldn't stop laughing as I hopped around the ship. I'll admit have never once reported this one. I'll report it next time it happens though

• @treefittymonsta In every instance I've encountered only one crew member can see the skeleton. Everyone else sees them as their normal, full bodied, character.

The other day at the end of our game session I did some emotes at the tavern only to discover that I was a skeleton. My crew mates didn't see me this way.

• @sten-whik like I said in my first post, sailing directly into the wind and having your sails squared straight forward you've always went faster. Me and my crew have done this since the tech alpha. It may seem unfair from the sloop standpoint, but if they dont have theirs squared up as well, they will get caught by the galleon, which is where some think it's a bug.

• @aarghmaargho said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.3:

But when you have headwind ifyou turn your sails straight, you get the max speed you can get against the wind. Not the max speed you would get with tailwind.

@pasha-entreri said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.3:

@sten-whik like I said in my first post, sailing directly into the wind and having your sails squared straight forward you've always went faster.

We are in agreement here so why did you both re-explain what had already been explained? lol

@aarghmaargho said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.3:

The sloop is still the fastes ship with headwind, then the brig and at last the galleon.

Have you tested it since the Comic Con vid posted last week? We are trying to work out if there is a new bug.

• Does the shop sale also count for rep 50 ship custimization, (It doesn't for "Scurvy Bilge Rat" custimization) because thinking about spending my dubloons, to get to rep 50 merch, to get the "Ceremonial Admiral" ship custimization cheaper.

• @aarghmaargho said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.3:

@sten-whik said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.3:

I'm curious and at the risk of sounding stupid need a little clarification. When you say "turn your sails straight" do you mean turn them perpendicular or in line with the ship?

• @ramblinglunatic As silly as it sounds, they mean turn your sails squared, 90 degrees straight across the width of the boat. As you would with a perfect tail wind.

• Sorry I misinterpret your comment then, my bad

@sten-whik said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.2.3:

Have you tested it since the Comic Con vid posted last week? We are trying to work out if there is a new bug.

I've played this week yes, and I've been on all 3 ship types.
    I've outsailed a galleon on a sloop and a brig, but that doesn't prove if the bug exists or not. I've not been in enough situations to answer that yet.

But all the situations where I was in a smaller boat, around 7-8, I could get away.

• @RamblingLunatic @Admiral-RRRSole @Aarghmaargho
    I found this.
    alt text
    I'm not sure how close it is to in game but Rare should probably make a stat sheet like this.

• So much has changed about this game since midnight launch. I'm glad to see that it's finally where it should have been around official launch.

• LAG SUCKS!!! Since the last update lag, and rubber-banding has become ridiculous! FIX IT!!!

• @dcr-lt-kanada We need this upvoted as much as possible it finally shows the ship possibilities that can be in game..Great Find!

• When is cursed crews launching? I thought it released on the 28th but haven't seen anything about it.

• @nukete9

Some details here -

https://www.seaofthieves.com/status

and

• @katttruewalker awesome, thanks a lot! I was looking for patch notes or Dev video and didn't find anything.

• @nukete9 dev video is up but no patch notes yet. which is odd because the patch is live.

• @m1sterpunch

• khaleesibot probably called in sick because he/she doesn't want me to post my known 'unknown' issues list on it.

• Summon the patch notes!!!

Views
1 out of 74