I now understand the Devils Red Seas...

• So I finally had my eureka moment as I bedeviled myself with why, despite lore given to us by Rare, the red seas truly exist and why we sink when we get too far into them...

It's the edge of the world.

As noted by The Flat Earth Society with dedicated bearing in empirical studies of the flat earth phenomenon, even our real world is merely a disc. So too is it reflected by Rare's comically developed Sea of Thieves game.

With the shared relationship that the UK based Rare development company has with the flat earth founder Samuel Shenton I.E. his Flat Earth Society in Dover and Rare being in the same time zone.

Rare clearly is simply sharing science fact by creating a game world which is in itself flat and with deadly borders.

So what lies beyond the border? None may ever know, neither in game nor in our real world, as the edge of the world is beyond human comprehension at the moment. What can be said is this.. I now understand WHY we have a flat Sea of Thieves.. I can now better understand why my relationship with Rare is important beyond merely being a customer... Rare are our teachers and mentors who aid us in our attempt to better comprehend the real universe in which we live.

So allow me to share an image we've seen on these forums before but with greater understanding of it's relevance:

alt text

THIS is our world today!

Views
  • @blooddoll22 Get out

• @blooddoll22 Ahh, now you get it.
    All of that "round" "sphere" c**p is the conspiracy.

Ever wondered why only those who have reached the pinnacle of the game (being pirate legend) are blessed with a unicorn figurehead?

Think about it. U.K. "Unicorn Keepers".

• @octopus-lime No... seriously... check it out:

Anyone who has ever been to the seaside will have seen a horizon (as long as it wasn't foggy). This is the line you see far away, out to sea. It's the line where the water stops and the sky starts. There are horizon lines everywhere, but usually you don't see them because something like a hill or a tree or a house is in the way. And in the Sea of Thieves it's usually an island or render distance that blocks your views.

You always see the horizon line at your eye level. In fact, if you change your eye level (by standing up, or sitting down or climbing the crows nest) the horizon line changes too, and follows your eye level. Your eye level always follows you around everywhere because it's your eye level. If you sit on the floor the horizon is at your eye level. If you stand up, it's at your eye level. If you stand on top of a very tall building or peak of a ship, the horizon is still at your eye level.

It's only everything else that appears to change in relation to your eye level. The fact is, that everything looks the way it does from your point of view because you see it in relation to yourself. So if you are sitting looking across the bow of your ship everything is going to look shorter than you because at this moment you are taller (or higher) than everything else.

In Zetetic Cosmogony by Thomas Winship we read a real world test:

If the world be a ball, as Sir R. Ball gravely informs us, the aeronaut should be one of his most ardent supporters, as the highest part of the "surface of the globe" would be directly under the car of a balloon, and the sides would fall away or "dip" down in every direction. The universal testimony of aeronauts, however, is entirely against the globular assumption, as the following quotations show.

The London Journal 18th July, 1857, says: --
    "The chief peculiarity of the view from a balloon at a considerable elevation was the altitude of the horizon, which remained practically on a level with the eye at an elevation of two miles, causing the surface of the earth to appear concave instead of convex, and to recede during the rapid ascent, whilst the horizon and the balloon seemed to be stationary."

Which is why in the Sea of Thieves... we always seem to notice everything at the same horizon level and it's merely the waves which challenge that... which indicates the effort Rare is putting into assuring that the Sea of Thieves matches real world logistics accurately. ho!

• @blooddoll22 Well, when you think about it, they claim the world to be round and rotating.
    If that's the case then why is the Northern star always in the same place?

• And now the crazy’s are grasping for straws of proof by misinterpreting a mechanic in a video game XD I’ve seen it all

• Shouldn't there be four elephants and a giant turtle under that disc?

• @luciansanchez82 Came for this, I'm not disappointed.
    (There's a Fifth Elephant by the way ;-) )

• I was hoping as a community we would collectively all refrain from commenting to this thread. This is absurd 😂

• @thecageddeath @TheTwistedTaste not at all! Don't be deceived by the notion that Rare is merely facilitating the expression of an integral aspect of your reality. To help them I have assembled a few proofs you can apply to our real world which Rare may not have chosen to showcase in the game yet out of fear for rejection of these scientific gospels... to wit:

The aeronaut can see for himself that Earth is a Plane. The appearance presented to him, even at the highest elevation he has ever attained, is that of a concave surface - this being exactly what is to be expected of a surface that is truly level, since it is the nature of level surfaces to appear to rise to a level with the eye of the observer. This is ocular demonstration and proof that Earth is not a globe. And is reflected in game by the motion of the waves altering our eye level and creating a false impression of the earths curvature.
    Further...

Whenever experiments have been tried on the surface of standing water, this surface has always been found to be level,as it is in the game. If the Earth were a globe, the surface of all standing water would be convex. This is an experimental proof that Earth is not a globe.

To continue...
    Surveyors' operations in the construction of railroads, tunnels, or canals are conducted without the slightest "allowance" being made for "curvature," although it is taught that this so-called allowance is absolutely necessary! This is a cutting proof that Earth is not a globe.

To note as well...
    There are rivers that flow for hundreds of miles towards the level of the sea without falling more than a few feet - notably, the Nile, which, in a thousand miles, falls but a foot. A level expanse of this extent is quite incompatible with the idea of the Earth's "convexity." It is, therefore, a reasonable proof that Earth is not a globe. As is shown in the game by statically placed and flowing waterfalls and the lack of true rivers which would create a false impression of curvature that doesn't exist.

And there's more:
    The lights which are exhibited in lighthouses are seen by navigators at distances at which, according to the scale of the supposed "curvature" given by astronomers, they ought to be many hundreds of feet, in some cases, down below the line of sight! For instance: the light at Cape Hatteras is seen at such a distance (40 miles) that, according. to theory, it ought to be nine-hundred feet higher above the level of the sea than it absolutely is, in order to be visible! This is a conclusive proof that there is no "curvature," on the surface of the sea - "the level of the sea,"- ridiculous though it is to be under the necessity of proving it at all: but it is, nevertheless, a conclusive proof that the Earth is not a globe.

Just as the sun rises and falls in game at the same pixel depth and height each in game day.. a matter showcased by Rare to help reinforce this real world truth.

So, again, don't be ashamed to face facts.. rare are akin to our forefathers, parents, and grandparents in so much as they are clearly and decisively attempting to educate us on the model of real world fact. it just stands that they are using a video game to express this education for you!

• @hynieth said in I now understand the Devils Red Seas...:

@luciansanchez82 Came for this, I'm not disappointed.
    (There's a Fifth Elephant by the way ;-) )

A fifth?! I didn't come here for crazy conspiracies!

• @thetwistedtaste I tried so hard not to but I’m just astounded by the complexity of the “rationalization” and the facts that are based on pure nonsense that can be believed by some people, if the earth is flat than anything is real and science has gone out the bloody door and the universe was created by a flying pasta monster, take that NASA! XD

• @thecageddeath it's less concerning that the real earth is flat.. anyone with eyes can see this...

It's that Rare is clearly subscribed to the gospel and is thankfully taking the initiative to educate us subliminally by creating their own flat earth in game. Yet, clearly in an effort to avoid frightening us they've decided it's easier to pose the red seas versus the walls of ice that contain our real world... but after forsaken shores... we may see an introduction of snow biomes in the game which may urge Rare to showcase this truth in game as well... once the time is right of course, that's clear.

• Furthermore, why is the moon in the visual aid of “proof” a sphere?! XD I can’t, I just can’t, this is the best joke I’ve heard in a long time

• @blooddoll22 .....

• @thecageddeath I disagree.. it's a flat round plate shaped plane which has a face that directs itself towards us just as in the game. There's that.

• @katttruewalker said in I now understand the Devils Red Seas...:

@blooddoll22 .....

And I officially can’t breath, I’m laughing to hard, I needed this tonight XD

• @KattTruewalker you all clearly need more flat earth proof...

Note that even in the game the mariners' compass points north and south at the same time, this as a fact as indisputable as two and two makes four; but this would be impossible if the thing, were placed on a globe with "north" and "south' at the center of opposite hemispheres a fact that does not figure in the school-books, though very easily seen: and it requires no lengthy train of reasoning to bring out of it a pointed proof that the Earth is not a globe.

So to is it in the game that we have flat accounting for directions far or near.

• @blooddoll22 why is is directed towards us? Why isn’t it facing the same way as our “disk”? How does the sun rise and set if the earth isn’t rotating? Or is it flipping like a coin? XD

• @thecageddeath it's pointing ahead of us and behind us as the polar attractions are flat behind and in front of us... were we on a sphere the angle of the attraction would clearly be pointing INTO the earth as the attraction pulls even metal in the straightest line direction.. IE quickest path is a straight line... even metal slowly would bend to showcase this truth, even if it would take time. So......

• @thecageddeath "Flipping like a coin" 😂😂😂

• Bear in mind the only major fact worthy of point is that Rare clearly subscribes to these proofs and showcases them for us in their game world as a sort of modelling tool to allow us, who might betray common logic, to see with our own eyes on a smaller scale. As mentioned the Red Seas are our limit for now but as they add more content we will in time see the frozen walls that contain all known life...

Further.... notice in history that surveyor's plans in relation to the laying of the first Atlantic Telegraph cable, show that in 1665 miles - from Valentia, Ireland, to St . John's, Newfoundland - the surface of the Atlantic Ocean is a LEVEL surface! The authoritative drawings, published at the time, are a standing evidence of the fact, and form a practical proof that Earth is not a globe. lol

• Riddle me this Batman, why is there gravity if there is no singular point of mass pulling everything towards it? mass = gravity = equals the formation of more mass attracted to a single point from every direction

• Oh..c'mon that's easy...

Universal Acceleration (UA) is a theory of gravity in the Flat Earth Model. UA asserts that the Earth is accelerating 'upward' at a constant rate of 9.8m/s^2.

This produces the effect commonly referred to as "gravity".

The traditional theory of gravitation (e.g. Newton's Law of Universal Gravitation, General Theory of Relativity, etc) is incompatible with the Flat Earth Model because it requires a large, spherical mass pulling objects uniformly toward its center which the earth simply...is...not...

Further gravity as reflected in computer models or games can be falsely replicated, and dedicated video game and other computer physics applications rely on false math to represent this inaccurate notion. Just as bullets in video game guns aren't actually physical things and simply rely on math to account for damage and motion/tracking of the object so to in a computer model can gravity be falsely created.

But if you notice that Rare and the game itself do not bother to track gunshots or enemy attacks using this model, as hit markers often appear even if enemies aren't affected. Easiest to see that in play by noticing that on occasion when attempting to shoot a gun powder skeleton and the barrel doesn't blow up even if you "swear you hit it and got a marker!"

This is another attempt by Rare to showcase the faulty nature of computer based physics... even in this game world all the things we can view are accelerating eternally upwards, my kind pal.

• Now your using glitches in a game that is ever growing and is riddled with bugs to explain this crok theory? If there is no gravity and the earth has no curvature than how do you explain bullet drop?

• @thecageddeath simple.. UA as above... clearly as the whole of the world moves upward to our perceptions the bullet speeds along nicely... but as it breaks the wall of acceleration it becomes independent of the earth and begins to fall until it's impacted by the earth and returns to it's universal upward mobility. Just as reflected in the game by Rare purposefully allowing a need to lead our targets as we sail at speed... a lateral showcase of the upward theory.

Why are they glitches... they're not... they are Rare attempting to educate us subliminally upon universal truths.

They do this because otherwise as most people in the world do today.. we'd rebel against the knowledge. Much akin to how children won't eat healthy foods because they don't like the taste or textures... yet as adults we learn otherwise through the slow process of gradual exposure...

Which is why we have the Red Seas in game.. obviously. Eventually they'll become walls of ice once snow biomes are slowly introduced, as you'll see.

• I can understand why you think the world of SoT is flat as that was what pirates believed at the time, but I swear if you aren't joking i'm gonna have to break out the powers of SCIENCE!!!

• This might help @Thecageddeath dude don't be sad.

• @becausescience1 said in I now understand the Devils Red Seas...:

I can understand why you think the world of SoT is flat as that was what pirates believed at the time, but I swear if you aren't joking i'm gonna have to break out the powers of SCIENCE!!!

Magellan's fleet had already circumnavigated the globe disk before the Golden Age.... :D

• @katttruewalker Oh ok sorry, need to brush up on my pirate history.

• But if the bullet is fired by someone standing on the ground then it would be traveling upward with the earth as well, and object in motion stays in motion, best time your in the car toss a ball in the air, does it go flying backward as it looses its upward momentum? or does it land directly in your hand because it’s traveling at the same rate as the car? This principle would be the same if applied vertically because it’s traveling the same speed as the earth is “going up” or is there bullet drop because as the bullet looses momentum due to air friction it begins to fall victim of gravity

• @katttruewalker and they didn’t fall off the edge? They made it back to the exact point they started at? Whah?! Why whole GLOBE is rocked XD

• How about this, you may choose to believe that the earth is flat, that's your problem, I mean, you could be right, BUT a majority of people, including myself, believe the earth is a sphere (or an ellipsoid, to be more precise). We have as much reason and evidence as you have, and to be frank, I don't see you convincing anybody here any time soon.

• @thecageddeath bear in mind the UA is still a valid principle though it hasn't gone unchallenged some notes to scribe for yourself might include:

• The Basics
      According to Flat Earth Theory, gravity is not the main force keeping us on the ground. Instead, there is a force that produces identical effects as observed from the surface of the earth. This force is known as "Universal Acceleration" (abbreviated as UA).
      Objects on the earth's surface have weight because all sufficiently massive celestial bodies are accelerating upward at the rate of 9.8 m/s^2. The mass of the earth is thought to shield the objects atop it from the direct force of UA. Alternatively, it is possible that the force of UA can actually pass through objects, but its effect on smaller bodies is negligible (similar to gravity in RET cosmology, which only has a noticeable affect on very large objects).

However, not all Flat Earth models dismiss the theory of gravity. The Davis Model proposes that the earth is an infinite plane exerting a finite gravitational pull (g), which is consistent with Gauss's Law.

• The Equivalence Principle
      The phenomenon we observe everyday when falling is currently substantiated in modern physics by what is called "The Equivalence Principle".
      This principle in physics states that in a relative frame of reference, it is not possible to locally discern whether the frame is accelerating upwards, or if the object inside the frame is affected by gravity.
      Several frequently asked questions are, "How is that I can jump and then come back down?" and "Why is it that I feel as though I'm being pulled toward the earth?"
      Since the Earth is pushing you upwards, you are moving at the same speed as the Earth, much like when you are sitting in a car, the car is pushing you along. When you jump, your upward velocity is for a moment, greater than the Earth's so you rise above it. But after a few moments, the Earth's increasing velocity due to its acceleration eventually catches up.
    • Accelerating to the Speed of Light
      It is a common misconception that if we were to continuously accelerate over time, we would eventually be moving faster than the speed of light. This is of course, incorrect as nothing with mass may do so.
      According to the Special theory of Relativity, the Earth can accelerate forever without reaching or passing the speed of light. Relative to an observer on Earth, the Earth's acceleration will always be 1g. Relative to an inertial observer in the universe, however, the Earth's acceleration decreases as the its velocity approaches c. It all depends on our frame of reference to measure and explain the Earth's motion. Thus, despite what most people think, there is no absolute "speed" or velocity of the Earth.
      A brief explanation of special relativity
      Special relativity (SR) (also known as the special theory of relativity or STR) is the physical theory of measurement in inertial frames of reference proposed in 1905 by Albert Einstein (after the considerable and independent contributions of Hendrik Lorentz, Henri Poincaré and others) in the paper "On the Electrodynamics of Moving Bodies". It generalizes Galileo's principle of relativity–that all uniform motion is relative, and that there is no absolute and well-defined state of rest (no privileged reference frames)–from mechanics to all the laws of physics, including both the laws of mechanics and of electrodynamics, whatever they may be. Special relativity incorporates the principle that the speed of light is the same for all inertial observers regardless of the state of motion of the source.
      This theory has a wide range of consequences which have been experimentally verified, including counter-intuitive ones such as length contraction, time dilation and relativity of simultaneity, contradicting the classical notion that the duration of the time interval between two events is equal for all observers. (On the other hand, it introduces the space-time interval, which is invariant.) Combined with other laws of physics, the two postulates of special relativity predict the equivalence of matter and energy, as expressed in the mass-energy equivalence formula E = mc2, where c is the speed of light in a vacuum. The predictions of special relativity agree well with Newtonian mechanics in their common realm of applicability, specifically in experiments in which all velocities are small compared to the speed of light. The theory is termed "special" because it applies the principle of relativity only to frames in uniform relative motion.
      Special relativity reveals that c is not just the velocity of a certain phenomenon, namely the propagation of electromagnetic radiation (light)—but rather a fundamental feature of the way space and time are unified as spacetime. A consequence of this is that it is impossible for any particle that has mass to be accelerated to the speed of light.

Yet ultimately understand that I am no professor of the UA principles.. merely a recent observer of the truth who has finally come to understand the purpose of the Red Sea in the Sea of Thieves... i can now understand that Rare is a guiding light that means well to showcase these truths in their game via small inclusions of the flat earth truth in the simulation. Further, evidenced is the notion that the flat earth principles do hold up as the game world is indeed flat and they've clearly created the game as a real world sim to better educate us on these points, though imperfect it may be.

And no.. Magellan is a lie.. a conspiracy manufactured by the Global Theory Conspirators, such as NASA, Gov't Institutions, Educators who are simply trying to cage our minds versus liberate them by forcing false scientific truths upon us and more...

Believe your own eyes! lol.

• @BecauseSCIENCE1 I'm not trying to convince anyone... Rare is... which is why the red sea and the flat earth in game.. I can see it now.. they are the champions of this cause I'm just finally seeing that they are doing this, so....

Views
1 out of 59