The Salt Is Strong With This One

• I did something ... err ... salty ... last night. Regrettable? Absolutely not.

So I was on a solo sloop and I had just spent the better part of an hour collecting resources for a skeleton ship battle and looking for an alliance to join. I finally noticed a brigantine and a galleon at sanctuary outpost who were allied up and waiting for the Shores Of Plenty battle. It seemed like a perfect crew to ally up with - a Sloop, a Brig, and a Galley. I approached slowly and announced my intentions over the megaphone. When I heard no response I then parked on the opposite side of the island.

One of the other players used the cannon to get close to my ship and asked what I was doing. I then told of my intentions again and he responded by saying "It would be more fun to just kill you." I said "This is Sea of Thieves, not Sea of Murderers." He then started fighting me and when his two buddies arrived I was quickly killed in a 3v1 fight. At respawn all seven members of the brig and galley were on my sloop, spawn killing me. I refused to give up my boat, and after 4-5 spawn kills they sunk my ship. I respawned all the way at Marauder's Arch.

They wasted my past hour of collecting resources just because it was more "fun to kill me." It was personal now (In a light hearted, fun way, of course).

So I set course toward Smuggler's Bay/Sanctuary Outpost in search of my assailants. I stopped at a fort on the way to stock up on gunpowder barrels. Sure enough, they were at Smuggler's Bay battling a skeleton ship. I quickly approached the galleon when I heard them speaking on the megaphone asking me to join the alliance if I really want to. Really? They just sunk all my resources. That ship sailed a long time ago, no pun intended. As I am about to sail within jumping distance of their ship I raise the Jolly Roger flag and hop down from the crows nest with a gun powder barrel. I lit the fuse, dropped it in the galleon's mid deck, and then climbed up to the crow's nest. I then started igniting their gunpowder barrels and dropping them from the crows nest. Within a minute or two the galleon was toast, I got killed, and my ship sank. I wasn't able to exert my revenge on the brigantine, but I was happy enough to teach the galleon a lesson for being jerks at the outpost. Say goodbye to all of your resources.

Should I have not approached two bigger ships at the outpost while I was sailing solo? Probably not. But it's principal. Kill me or sink my ship for no reason other than sadistic pleasure, and I will hunt you until I get my revenge.

Views
  • @jonaldinho Very similar thing happened to me yesterday. I was on a sloop with a friend. We spent a long time stocking up and on the way to the fight we saw two sloops and a brig allied together. We approached shouting our friendly intent to join them and they fired on us and boarded us. I fought them off but they p****d my partner off causing him to leave and shouted rude things at us. I gave them the slip and when they started the skelly fight i doubled back to deliver some pain. I sank one of them but then they got my ship down. I killed a few more. Felt good. They didn't kill me once and they were legends. I was eaten by a shark and one I had just killed was there on the ferry of the damned with me. He laughed my ship sank but the whole time I'm thinking I just took on three ships with 7 pirates mostly on my own I had a bit of aid from my partner before he left and they never could even kill me and he thinks that's worth gloating over? haha.

Anyway , I am right there with you partner! I feel the cursed sails and alliances have ushered in an even more peaceful era but there are still some useless people who attack for the hell of it. They must be dealt with!

Views
1 out of 2